The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This game is UNPLAYABLE

Played 12 games today as survivor. Got 5 gens done - 1 time. Escaped - 1 time. I am tired of posting the same things over and over again how the game is from survivor side when all BHVR does is listen to killermains. Good luck - I think it is time for me to go play something where developers dont do everything to nerf you and where I actually can have fun when playing it.

Comments

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485

Weird. It sounds like you played the game.

You just did not WIN allot. Win = Playing? 🤔

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,166

I mean this in the nicest way possible but you seem to be the common denominator here.

I don't know how long you've been playing but assuming your post count is similar to your play count, it's not long. The game has a very steep and brutal learning curve for the survivor role and is one that takes a lot more practice than you'd expect. The core mechanics are simple but mind games, when to do something (and just as importantly, NOT do something), map knowledge, situational awareness, knowing killer powers (and more importantly, how to exploit a killers weakness); these are all things that take a while to learn.

If you can't or won't put in the effort to figure that all out, that's totally fine as there's a lot of growing pains involved to get this game to be fun. Hopefully you find a game more to your taste.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I mean...if you're gonna be like that...

Matches in DBD are often going to be lopsided and both sides making mistakes is gonna have a steep penalty for how that match unfolds...lol. Unless you bring a friend or two to coordinate with, or get better at looping, hiding and/or pressuring & spreading Gens out...you're gonna find yourself hitting these outcomes a lot. It's the nature of the Beast and you either accept it or move on.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

Ok? Don’t play DBD then, it’s that simple.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Skill issue.

good bait tho.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I was just playing now, so definitely not unplayable.

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 308

I don't know what is going on but my trick is if I get 2 or 3 clearly unwinnable matches then I stop playing DBD for the rest of the day. I initially thought that I could just keep playing and maybe after losing a lot the MMR would adjust and give me easier matches but that's not the case. Don't try this, you'll keep losing and get even more tilted, especially in solo queue. Just find an alternative game and play it when DBD is not in the mood. Since I used this "trick" I'm at around 50% winrate, but before I was at 20%. Many people on this forum have said the same thing and the "stop playing after a few losses" works for everyone.

I think that there is a serious bug in the way MMR works. I've played many other games than DBD and I am used to loss streaks, normally I just tell myself that it's how probabilites work. But the occurence at which it happens in DBD is simply too abnormal to be just probabilites. I've got 10+ loss streaks several times, something that should be extremely rare. The fact global killrates are at 60% even though there is supposedly MMR to bring it at 50% makes me even more suspicious that something is wrong.

Basically at some specific days/hours you'll get a series of unwinnable matches as survivor where you keep getting 4K'd and the game keeps placing you against stronger and stronger killers. It's totally random and does not depend on time of the day. The solution is to stop playing. Then the next day you get totally normal matches again.

For people who think it's a skill / low MMR issue, I've seen Angrypug get a 9-game loss streak, and he's at 2000 MMR (hackers revealed it).

• Goodbye. We'll miss you.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Unfortunately, the survivor role is terrible right now. I recommend taking a break. I've been playing much less myself.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,993

Every other day u see someone crying about solo q or going up against a swf on these forms. All you hear is get good or skill issue. You got two options my man

Even play swf or play killer while u wait for the solo q icon update.

• Goliath
    Goliath Member Posts: 28

The solo queue Icons are coming. Please be patient.

• littlepaw
    littlepaw Member Posts: 67

I'm guessing this is solo queue? Solo queue is rough, no doubts about it. Without competence in your 3/4 teammates you're pretty #########. But, that's not really a new thing tbf. I guess all we can hope is the HUD changes help solo queuers have chimps instead of monkeys for teammates.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

On the EU server they have definitely messed something up big time yesterday. About 10-12 matches were every single time I was up against a Nurse/Blight/Plague and all of them played really well with high amount of playtime (5k+) on their profiles when public. But my survivor mates? In 4 of those matches I had at least one person with less than 50 hours in the game. In the others, they were still going down in like 5-10 seconds.

Switching to killer was abysmal as well, literal beginners who run edgemap, never look behind them and throw every pallet even if you are already telegraphing hard you are going to mindgame.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 146

It happens sometimes. It took me 3 hours to get the 3rd escape out of 3 in the Christmas event tome. Seemed like I'd never escape again.

Then last weekend I went on a run of 8 escapes in a row where I was getting everything run my way, the other 3 survivors mostly being levels above what you'd normally get, whatever random build I ran ended up being perfect for the situation. Standard peaks and troughs of solo Q, you've got to accept at times things are simply not going to go your way.

• Kedasa
    Kedasa Member Posts: 42

The Survivor role is terrible? xD

Sry, but thats just not right. Survivor feels almost like ever. I play solo and swf and i get my escapes and pipping is so damn ez. As killer i have to sweat and play kinda tactical.

As survivor the only thing i have to think about, is to avoid the 3-gen.