Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you think of the current state of Hillbilly?

TinyGayGuitar
TinyGayGuitar Member Posts: 9

This poll is anonymous, so don't be afraid to answer honestly.

What do you think of the current state of Hillbilly? 24 votes

Yes, a full reversion would be best (including addons)
20% 5 votes
The overheat mechanic should be scrapped, but I think instasaw was a problem
41% 10 votes
Overheat is a good idea, but needs some changes/fine tuning
29% 7 votes
The Hillbilly is perfectly fine in his current state
8% 2 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Old Hillbilly was fine and didn't need any changes. The only problem was insta saw.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,279

I don't actually know old Billy, so I can't say too much about it. - But while I agree the overheat is ridiculous when you just want to use the chainsaw in chase and want to be smart about it - I dread the image of Billy's who rather perfect the art of camping hooks with a ready chainsaw. If overheat should stay simply because of that - or if it should be removed but you can't use Billy's power in close proximity to the hook, similar to artist - or overheat only happens in some situations that are likely to occur when camping a hook but unlikely when in chase, idk.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

The overheat mechanic is just unnecessary. Regardless, he is still a B tier killer with his map mobility and instadowns.

• Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165

Bubba should have gotten the overheat mechanic not Hillbilly

• littlepaw
    littlepaw Member Posts: 67

idk if i agree with any of these, i think the best start is making yellow engraving basekit/1 chainsaw heat cooling addon basekit and maybe go from there? maybe i'm biased as i don't have too much fun against hillbilly and don't actually want to face against too many of them (chases w em just aren't as fun to me anymore) but he does need a buff to his basekit regardless cause he's in bit of a sad state rn.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

The overheat thing was kinda a pointless addition, but it also doesn't feel super impactful. His addons are definitely worse off now though.