Are Matches Based On Character Level

Im really here just to vent on my killer matches.

Had about a dozen Knight matches, was trying him out (Prestige 1). Nothing really goes wrong, no overall wins but no devastating loses. Just some pretty chill matches overall. I get some leeway to mess around.

But the second I move over to a killer I like to play, (Trickster lvl9) its nothing but really harsh matches. I suppose I wasn't really paying attention to the other players levels, but I am curious how matchmaking works with levels in mind. Because I really like playing Trickster but I hate the matches I get playing him.

Best Answer

• Ciabe
    Ciabe Member Posts: 119
    Answer ✓

Each killer has its own MMR rating that you get matched against. In an ideal MMR system you reach an equiliberium point with each killer where you go 50/50 win rate (although Behavior seems to think that should be 60killer/40 survivor).

So yes, your favorite killer like has creeped into higher MMR than a new killer. Just lose 5-10...or 100 matches and you'll get easier matches. All your survivors mmr are linked...and I still haven't found bottom after 500 losses.

Answers

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It's more like the gains and losses are minimal for those Killers that you like to play as

Just play normally

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Know that feel. I get maaad sweaty teams when I play demo. But my less used killers still seem to be sitting at low mmr. And their matches are extremely easy.