Why is Eyrie of crow getting nerfed when maps like shelter woods and rotten fields are still here 😭

Yeah I know EOC is clearly survivor sided no argument there, but there are also plenty of maps that are killer busted too? Shelter woods and rotten fields sometimes spawn maybe 8-10 pallets and have massive dead zones of nothing, dead dog is small as hell and is full of unsafe loops, and don’t get me started on midwhich or that auto heaven that spawns four gens side by side. And all of these against anti loop and highly mobile killers (which to be fair are the most viable these days) are ten times worse. I don’t get why one of the maps that has good rng for survivors is getting changed just because it’s good for one side?

I’m all for balancing maps, if they changed it across the board to where every one was relatively fair I’d be just as happy, but when they start removing maps that were good for one side (ie old rpd and old eyrie of crows) it just feels unfair to not add changes to other ones yk? Plenty of maps spawn insanely close three-four gen situations, huge dead zones, and bad/less pallets.

Are these changes because killers themselves aren’t very balanced maybe? Because eyrie of crow doesn’t feel nearly as busted against artist, knight, blight, dredge etc, yet I can see how it sucks for pig and trapper for example. Maps like EOC make the game feel more fair for survs when versing the s tier killers, just like how I’m sure maps like shelter woods feel better for lower tiered killers.

TLDR: plenty of maps have bad rng for survivors so why aren’t they getting changed to be more fair? Is it bc of killer tiers?

Comments

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56

Don't worry Eyrie is still a terribly designed map, after playing it a few times it looks like all they did was shove all the boring super safe square tiles closer together so you can chain them all one by one now.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

And i honestly love that. A plus for the survivors. And a smaller map is a plus for killers. Especially if those tiles with pallets get used up quickly so that will killers alot more with the smaller map.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Both are also massive maps that the killer can struggle to pressue

I think this is why they think its okay.

Idk for the farm, but they fr need to make the middle Tree in the forest something survivors can use, with a pallet and window

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

Rotten Fields is not bad at all for survivor, and barely anything changed regarding Eyrie. I’d be all for them making sure every map is as evenly balanced as possible, if they actually took the time to properly adjust maps the right way, cause they mostly failed with Eyrie.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464

There need to exist maps ti carry the survivors

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Nothing will ever compare to how much play time each role has. For example, if you’re a skilled and patient enough survivor you can loop 90% of the killer arsenal by just having a small rock filler pallet that strings into an L and T wall on shelter woods thats surround by nothing but oxygen and tree trunks for 2-3 gens.. Dead dawg has always been a solid map for survivors in my opinion, with holding W as the new meta now since basically Pyramid Head released killers tend to always struggle against survivors who just simply hold w to different tiles and a lot of the maps where survivors can hold w against strong killers like Huntress, Hillbilly, Blight etc makes chases difficult.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Shelter Woods exists for SpeedRun World Record purposes because DbD is E-Sports.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Yeah rotten is actually a pretty good map for survivors. There's not a single cold wind that's not neutral leaning into survivor sided.

• JoeChill261
    JoeChill261 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 66

New Eyrie is a literal buff for survivors. It is only bad survivors who can not loop that are hurt by the changes. Players that came to the game since the Hold W meta are suffering, but those around before, and those that learned to loop, its a straight buff to survivors.