DS and Mori..

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Not every perk is useful in every game and that's true on both sides. If the killer brings A mori and you've been hooked, he has outplayed you and then you die. Only way you could outplay it in that situation is if you evade them long enough that they potentially use their Mori on another Survivor. If it's a kill all mori that's just bad luck.
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@DemonDaddy said:
    Not every perk is useful in every game and that's true on both sides. If the killer brings A mori and you've been hooked, he has outplayed you and then you die. Only way you could outplay it in that situation is if you evade them long enough that they potentially use their Mori on another Survivor. If it's a kill all mori that's just bad luck.

But ds got from the most broken perk in the game to the most usseles.. (only work if the killer dont have a mori and let you in the floor)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

But ds got from the most broken perk in the game to the most usseles.. (only work if the killer dont have a mori and let you in the floor)

Seriously, how many killers do you see bringing in moris every single trial? And how many survivors do you see staying on the floor without being rescued for a full minute? You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Arroz

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Seriously, how many killers do you see bringing in moris every single trial? And how many survivors do you see staying on the floor without being rescued for a full minute? You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Seriously, how many survivors do you see bringing decisive strike?
    I have only seen decisive strike in swf groups..
    Oh and today i found 3 moris..

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Arroz said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Every single trial above rank 15.
    3 moris? Out of how many trials?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited February 2019
    All these things should be reworked 

(my photo won’t load)
  • DemonDaddy
    @Arroz
    A  Mori can be more or less common depending on the rank you're playing in, it's usually pretty easy to tell when they are bringing one and play accordingly. I only find this new change "useless" in the context of its old version, where it created a safety net that could be used at any point during the match. I see the new version as a deterrent which makes the killer rethink how they're going to address the person who's just been unhooked. Even if they end up leaving you on the ground that's creating an opportunity for your team to further commit to a save as the killer has to ignore you for a period of time if they're truly concerned about the DS.
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

It has a counter now! That's a good thing btw

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said: DS just is not gonna work if the killer have a mori.. that totally counter ds.. A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match. I fail to see the problem.

Ya know I felt the exact same way about the old bnp, which if you missed a skill check completely consumed the tool box and the skill checks were a little bigger than the decisive ones. Not to mention if you were chased off a gen it consumed the toolbox ahhh the good old days it was the survivors version of a mori.

Anyways i dont complain about bnp nerf because i dont rush but it's unfair how there a lot of op killer things and all the 2018 nerfs were for survivors..

I still complain Bc killers still have Moris but we got ######### flashlights, no decisive, and a gigantic nerf to bnp that’s so shameful it makes grandmothers roll over in their grave. I will cry until I die Bc I can still get moried , but can no longer quick do a gen. Teammate out and generator count down equaled same side of a ######### coin

Why did you mention flashlight lol? We all know flashlight suck

Oh Bc flashlights used to be sooo incredibly op the even I felt the sting for a killer when survivors brought them in. Idrc about the flashlight nerf though Bc it was incredibly toxic the amount you could bully a killer with them. The bnp though that hurt me on a soul level. It’s like watching your mother say no you can’t have ice cream but your brother can 😭

Are you trying to troll xd?
    Btw, they used to be so op, i remember the old day with the instablind addons, that was so friggin op..
    Do you remember the, save the for last + Unreleting?
    Literally 1 second cooldown for the weapon hit..

Nah I’m not trolling just reminiscing. Yeah I do! Omg , I also remember machine gun hatches Jesus effin Christ those Hatchets. Those flashlight were the most game breaking thing I ever seen. It was way worse than anything a killer had. It was apocalypse days back then. People think they have it hard now, boy oh boy only the very best killers could go toe to toe with a half decent (not even the best) swf squad. It was for real a problem. 

It was insane then. 
  • DS used to have no counter... And you're complaining you can't counter its counter?
    ENTITLED SURVIVOR MAIN

Survivors have had the power since the start of the game.
    Killers don't really need buffs. But, survivors do need nerfs, and so far, they have gotten them
    No more pallet vacuum. No more insta-blinds. No more instant generators with Brand new part. No more free extra life with DS.
    The game is a lot closer to balanced than it's ever been

• Arroz

@ThatGuyFromThatPlace said:
    DS used to have no counter... And you're complaining you can't counter its counter?
    ENTITLED SURVIVOR MAIN

Killers don't really need buffs. But, survivors do need nerfs, and so far, they have gotten them
    No more pallet vacuum. No more insta-blinds. No more instant generators with Brand new part. No more free extra life with DS.

Im complaining about the mori, tell me any counter to the mori?

• Arroz

@ThatGuyFromThatPlace said:
    DS used to have no counter... And you're complaining you can't counter its counter?
    ENTITLED SURVIVOR MAIN

"Survivor had the power", Like ######### no one had the power both side were really unbalanced.. do you remember the mori? you had a free kill and didn't needed to hook.., Do you remember the gun machine build? (Save the best for last + Unreleting) the first nurse version...?
    And btw survivor were overpowered too..
    Sabotaged hooks, insta blinds, infinites, exhaustion perks etc..

• Arroz

@HeroLives said:
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said: MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:    DS just is not gonna work if the killer have a mori.. that totally counter ds..        A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match.    I fail to see the problem.

Ya know I felt the exact same way about the old bnp, which if you missed a skill check completely consumed the tool box and the skill checks were a little bigger than the decisive ones. Not to mention if you were chased off a gen it consumed the toolbox ahhh the good old days it was the survivors version of a mori. Anyways i dont complain about bnp nerf because i dont rush but it's unfair how there a lot of op killer things and all the 2018 nerfs were for survivors..

I still complain Bc killers still have Moris but we got ######### flashlights, no decisive, and a gigantic nerf to bnp that’s so shameful it makes grandmothers roll over in their grave. I will cry until I die Bc I can still get moried , but can no longer quick do a gen. Teammate out and generator count down equaled same side of a ######### coin

Oh Bc flashlights used to be sooo incredibly op the even I felt the sting for a killer when survivors brought them in. Idrc about the flashlight nerf though Bc it was incredibly toxic the amount you could bully a killer with them. The bnp though that hurt me on a soul level. It’s like watching your mother say no you can’t have ice cream but your brother can 😭

Btw, they used to be so op, i remember the old day with the instablind addons, that was so friggin op..

Nah I’m not trolling just reminiscing. Yeah I do! Omg , I also remember machine gun hatches Jesus effin Christ those Hatchets. Those flashlight were the most game breaking thing I ever seen. It was way worse than anything a killer had. It was apocalypse days back then. People think they have it hard now, boy oh boy only the very best killers could go toe to toe with a half decent (not even the best) swf squad. It was for real a problem. 

It was insane then. 

Yeah, thanks god i didn't played in 2016.. because i would unistall and want my money back, lol

• Arroz

@DexyIV said:

It has a counter that cannot be countered by anything.. (Except dont get hook, similar to dribble), For me the mori is the new decisive strike, i dont complain about ds, there's a lot of better perks.. anyways i think im gonna use ds now, cause i really hate tunneling, but it's more weak than distortion...

• Arroz

@TreemanXD said:

(my photo won’t load)

Your photo should be reworked hehe

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said: MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:    DS just is not gonna work if the killer have a mori.. that totally counter ds..        A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match.    I fail to see the problem.

Ya know I felt the exact same way about the old bnp, which if you missed a skill check completely consumed the tool box and the skill checks were a little bigger than the decisive ones. Not to mention if you were chased off a gen it consumed the toolbox ahhh the good old days it was the survivors version of a mori. Anyways i dont complain about bnp nerf because i dont rush but it's unfair how there a lot of op killer things and all the 2018 nerfs were for survivors..

It was insane then. 

Yeah, thanks god i didn't played in 2016.. because i would unistall and want my money back, lol

Hahahaha yeah idk I loved how wild it was. They cleaned the game up pretty nicely so far though for killers compared to the sheer hell they used to have to go through. Cause Survivors were sent from hell then. 
  • DemonDaddy
    I would say the mori itself doesn't require a counter simply because by that point the killer has bested you twice. Technically they're only preventing you from one final chase and hook.
  • Arroz

@HeroLives said:
    Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:

Arroz said:

@HeroLives said: Arroz said:

@HeroLives said:    MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said: DS just is not gonna work if the killer have a mori.. that totally counter ds.. A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match. I fail to see the problem.

Ya know I felt the exact same way about the old bnp, which if you missed a skill check completely consumed the tool box and the skill checks were a little bigger than the decisive ones. Not to mention if you were chased off a gen it consumed the toolbox ahhh the good old days it was the survivors version of a mori.        Anyways i dont complain about bnp nerf because i dont rush but it's unfair how there a lot of op killer things and all the 2018 nerfs were for survivors..

I still complain Bc killers still have Moris but we got ######### flashlights, no decisive, and a gigantic nerf to bnp that’s so shameful it makes grandmothers roll over in their grave. I will cry until I die Bc I can still get moried , but can no longer quick do a gen. Teammate out and generator count down equaled same side of a ######### coin Why did you mention flashlight lol? We all know flashlight suck

It was insane then. 

Hahahaha yeah idk I loved how wild it was. They cleaned the game up pretty nicely so far though for killers compared to the sheer hell they used to have to go through. Cause Survivors were sent from hell then. 

But.. some friends (survivor and killers who played since 2016), say the game now is bored..
    My killers friends say it's too easy now to get at least 2 kills... (Back in the days it was harder but fun, now is bored and easy)
    And my survivor friends say they are bored of seeing every patch note survivor nerf, and btw they say it's bored to repair 5 generators..

• Arroz

@DemonDaddy said:
    I would say the mori itself doesn't require a counter simply because by that point the killer has bested you twice. Technically they're only preventing you from one final chase and hook.

That's the same than ds, prevent you from one hook, technically just 1 more hook and 1 more chase.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Mori is also a counter against adrenaline and nobody has complained.

• DemonDaddy
    @Arroz
    And from an individual perspective I would agree with you. But consider the implications that has for the rest of the team. You're not just buying yourself time you're also providing it to your teammates and that's even if you fail to escape. The mori can save a killer time but only with that individual Survivor they still need to hunt for, Chase, and down the remaining survivors which is time strangely influenced by yet independent of your interaction with the Killer.
  • DexyIV

@Arroz said:

@DexyIV said:

It has a counter that cannot be countered by anything.. (Except dont get hook, similar to dribble), For me the mori is the new decisive strike, i dont complain about ds, there's a lot of better perks.. anyways i think im gonna use ds now, cause i really hate tunneling, but it's more weak than distortion...

All you had to do was dribble to the first hook and a similar thing happened anyway. Not much changes, it just makes DS more balanced

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

@Arroz said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:
    DS just is not gonna work if the killer have a mori.. that totally counter ds..

A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match.
    I fail to see the problem.

Nobody talked about whether it is a limited addon, the problem is that there is no chance to use it now, is not it supposed that every thing in the game should be balanced and with counter ?, tell me a counter for the mori ..

No everything is not supposed to be balanced and countered, hello , Asymmetrical look up the meaning of it.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

But every game needs an "I Win" button. Oh wait no that's single player not multiplayer games where the rules have to be fair, balanced and consistent across the board for people to actually want to play it or the game ends up failing at it's most basic premise.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Arroz said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:

A limited add-on that you spend BP in hopes of getting vs a perk you can bring every single match.

Nobody talked about whether it is a limited addon, the problem is that there is no chance to use it now

You'll not always be able to use DS. But when you can use it, it has a strong effect. That's the principle of Risk/Reward.

Like Unbreakable and Adrenaline, for example. You won't be able to use these perks every game, but when you can use them, these perks will be of great use to you.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

So an ultra rare offering counters a ordinary perk.

Amazing

So why they nerfed bnp if they are "supossed" to be ultra rare and survivor rarely use it? I know that was op, so why not nerf a offering that just ruin the fun for survivor and it's unbalanced?

Why are moris unbalanced?

• Master

@Arroz said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Today I played 4 games, in everyone of them there was DS

• GrootDude

@Arroz said:

@TreemanXD said:

(my photo won’t load)

Your photo should be reworked hehe

Yes it should it is far too OP

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

So why they nerfed bnp if they are "supossed" to be ultra rare and survivor rarely use it? I know that was op, so why not nerf a offering that just ruin the fun for survivor and it's unbalanced?

Are you serious want me to explain you why moris are op? do you at least play as survivor? because you seem to be a killer main

• Arroz

@IamFran said:

Because this forum is full of killer mains? I think there's only like 3k survs main on this forum and 7k killers mains.. if you complain about some killers addons/items your gonna be demolish with not valid argument for these killer mains

• Arroz
    edited February 2019

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

Today I played 4 games, in everyone of them there was DS

Okay congrats! today i played 3 games and all of them was a ivory/iridiscent mori..

• Arroz

@Samwise said:

@Arroz said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:

Nobody talked about whether it is a limited addon, the problem is that there is no chance to use it now, is not it supposed that every thing in the game should be balanced and with counter ?, tell me a counter for the mori ..

No everything is not supposed to be balanced and countered, hello , Asymmetrical look up the meaning of it.

So ds was the most strongest perk in the game to the most trash perk in the game?

• Arroz

@DexyIV said:

@Arroz said:

@DexyIV said:

All you had to do was dribble to the first hook and a similar thing happened anyway. Not much changes, it just makes DS more balanced

But at least you can get bodyblocked/flashlight saved, now you can't that's the difference

• Master

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

Are you serious want me to explain you why moris are op? do you at least play as survivor? because you seem to be a killer main

Oh wait, does the argument "it always doesnt happen, so its balanced" not hold for the killer side?

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

Oh wait, does the argument "it always doesnt happen, so its balanced" not hold for the killer side?

### are you talking about?, i think your another bait/toxicity account.. your comments just create toxicity and your the one who ######### about survivors clicking the flashlight
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited February 2019

@Arroz said:

@IamFran said:

Because this forum is full of killer mains? I think there's only like 3k survs main on this forum and 7k killers mains.. if you complain about some killers addons/items your gonna be demolish with not valid argument for these killer mains

Check the forum more frequently, there are a lot of survivor mains too, if you check the forum posts from two monts ago until today you will see the typical survivor mains threads "nerf NOED!!" or the ones which are frequent now "Killers dodge the lobby buaa buaa".

Why don't you just say that you like the current DS because you want your not deserved free scape instead complaining about the new DS.
    The new DS is a tool for punishing the killer for being a tunneler and have a counter: not tunneling. The old DS have no counter, the only slightly counter is using Enduring to save some time, not much, and slugging the DS user which feel like a win for the DS user too. Also, when more than one person have DS you don't know that and you get the nasty surprise and when you as killer use a obsession perk you always have the uncertainty due not knowing if the survivor have DS too.

I like the new DS more, in fact I don't use DS when playing survivor never, I don't even have Laurie Strode leveled and I'm going to level her for unlocking the perk. I like the perk because now I can punish the killer for tunneling me.

• GrootDude

Can we all just agree on this one thing? #Nerf Vigil and Fire Up!!!

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@Arroz said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Arroz said:

, is not it supposed that every thing in the game should be balanced and with counter ?

I take it you are fairly new to DBD because that has to be the most far off description of this game. I won't get into it because everyone has their own opinion of "balance" and that has been the major toxic dispute since day 1 of these forums.

(I have 1010 hours)
    I play 40 killer and 60 survivor..
    If you do not want to make a discussion about that, it's because you do not have any valid argument, how is it possible that you do not have a chance to use it because a mori? according to the devs all the things of the game must have a counter, tell me some counter for the mori? not be hooked srsly?? It is basically impossible.

The same way you can have all the dull totems cleansed before NOED fires. It's called risk versus reward. Sometimes you do everything right and still lose.

• DexyIV

@Arroz said:

@DexyIV said:

@Arroz said:

@DexyIV said:

But at least you can get bodyblocked/flashlight saved, now you can't that's the difference

The number of times that happens is pretty small unless you're SWF. This isn't a big deal. You'll just have to adapt. Might want to learn to use other perks if this is such a big deal to you.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

@Arroz said:

@The_Crusader said:
    DS doesn't save you in a mori game even with the current DS.

You can easily hook 3 people without them getting the 35% and then mori them. It's not hard to dribble the obsession to the hook either.

With 3 hooks per survivor that's 12 hooks. Obviously the problem with DS was that the more hook attempts you have, the higher chance that you will take a DS. For example you'll probably manage to dribble the obsession to the hook at least once in every game, however when doing it 3 times in a row there is normally a time when they're just too far and you have to take the stun or leave them slugged.

Same for the 35%. It usually isn't an issue but the more attempts you have the higher the chance of them activating it. Normally in a game you don't get a basement hook, but when you do that's normally when the 35% DS gets you. Or late game too when after a few sacrifcies there are less hooks on the map.

I've had ebony mori games where DS never got used. With 4 hooks rather than 12 the odds of taking a DS become much lower.

So personally I really don't see this as any different. Only the obsession really got a chance before in a mori game.

Your right, but why the currently ds there's more chance than use than now..

Because current DS is brokenly overpowered, which is why they are fixing it. Are you sure you have 1k hours? It sounds like you are new to the game and don't know what's going on.

• scorpio
    edited February 2019

@Arroz said:

@Bongbingbing said:
    Ds and Mori have no correlation to each other.

DS finally having prerequisites doesn't effect Moris in any way, What the new DS changes is the use of DS to something more balanced.

Tell me how to use ds when you just got hooked against a mori?
    *T H E R E S * no chance

You don't get to use it. That's all. I don't understand what you are asking here or what you expect? Why do you think you have the right to use every perk or add on you bring in to every match no matter what? I can't even tell you how many times my Ruin totem has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the match.

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

They did nerf it. You used to not have to hook someone first before you could mori them. You're welcome.

• scorpio

@Arroz said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

I have a DS EVERY game so I feel like you never play killer, and am more convinced of that by all your whinings about all the survivor nerfs last year. Survivors were wildly overpowered. The "nerfs" were bringing them down to where they should be.

• Master
    Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

######### are you talking about?, i think your another bait/toxicity account.. your comments just create toxicity and your the one who ######### about survivors clicking the flashlight

Classic, running out of arguments? No problem, just insult instead 
  • so what?

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159
    edited February 2019

As a player who has never used DS ,I just hope I will not face a Mori per game after the new patch.
    We all know that it's not that difficult to find one of them in the bloodweb. >_<

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Peanits said:

@Arroz said:

@TheMidnightRidr said:
    I have to disagree. Just as @Peanits said in a previous discussion, using that philosophy, a mori will counter Hope, No One Left Behind, etc. since you never got to use them. The only real counter perk that is available (that I see anyway) is rancor which is fair.

I dont understand you??

To explain a little further: A mori is not necessarily a counter to DS, a mori just kills you outright. You can't use any perks if you're dead. By the same logic, a mori counters Hope and No One Left Behind because they never have a chance to activate because you're dead.

That's not to say that moris aren't OP, and I'm totally okay with them and insta-heals going, but to say it's a counter is a stretch.

Hahahaha. Be serious. It's a game about killing. Mori's aren't going anywhere.

"So this game you play, DbD, can you murder survivors with cool cinematics?"
    "Uh, no."
    "So then you aren't a killer?"
    "Hmm, I guess not."

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@Peanits said:

@Arroz said:

@TheMidnightRidr said:
    I have to disagree. Just as @Peanits said in a previous discussion, using that philosophy, a mori will counter Hope, No One Left Behind, etc. since you never got to use them. The only real counter perk that is available (that I see anyway) is rancor which is fair.

I dont understand you??

To explain a little further: A mori is not necessarily a counter to DS, a mori just kills you outright. You can't use any perks if you're dead. By the same logic, a mori counters Hope and No One Left Behind because they never have a chance to activate because you're dead.

That's not to say that moris aren't OP, and I'm totally okay with them and insta-heals going, but to say it's a counter is a stretch.

"Uh, no."
    "Hmm, I guess not."

Not saying it will happen but moris would never go, at most they would just require 2 hooks to be used.
  • Arroz

@Master said:
    Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Amazing

######### are you talking about?, i think your another bait/toxicity account.. your comments just create toxicity and your the one who ######### about survivors clicking the flashlight

Classic, running out of arguments? No problem, just insult instead 

I Do not insult yourself, you are very delicate apparently, because you better not stop promoting toxicity in this forum and favoritism by the op things of the killers??
    When you play as survivor we can have a great discussion

• Arroz

@scorpio said:

@Arroz said:

@Orion said:

@Arroz said:

@DemonDaddy said:

I have a DS EVERY game so I feel like you never play killer, and am more convinced of that by all your whinings about all the survivor nerfs last year. Survivors were wildly overpowered. The "nerfs" were bringing them down to where they should be.

In what sense do you try to say that they should be down?

• Arroz

@The_Crusader said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

@Peanits said:

@Arroz said:

@TheMidnightRidr said:

I dont understand you??

"Uh, no."

"Hmm, I guess not."

Not saying it will happen but moris would never go, at most they would just require 2 hooks to be used.

Yup, and with still 2 hook require it will still be op, I know if you get hooked again your dead but your teammates can bodyblock, sabo the hook etc..