The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The New HUD Icons are a Blessing and a Curse

Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Let me preface this by saying that the HUD icons are an unequivocally good change. This is mostly in good humor.

Now, continuing, holy #########. Prior to the patch, I thought some of my teammates were useless but I had no proof. Now though, I have mountains of proof. And God only knows how tempted I am to take clips and send them to these "teammates"

Behold. An entire minute of Jill #2 doing absolutely nothing. If I spend one more minute with teammates like this, I'm gonna start seeing colors only shrimp can as the rage boils over.

Also, as a bonus, Jill sent me this after the match (ended quickly after due to Eruption, PR and CoB in a 2v1)

Thanks Jill

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

She was projecting. She was hiding so assumed others were too every time they were off a gen

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

It doesn't matter what mmr you are, if you are actively doing nothing all game and it seems bhvr has the resources to detect this, you should be suspended unless within a 50 hour threshold after starting(to be fair to this player base which is not good at video games). I genuinely enjoy playing survivor with my new dbd friend and my survivor main friend, but having a random that has new dbd friends chase level while also not doing gens makes the games feel unwinnable(they are in that scenario). I want to get better at survivor, but people take this game too casually, I'll SAY IT!!! I'm trying to win in a even match but, rando decides to: DC, do nothing, hide, do challenges, do tomes and it's too depressing. Most killers are bad and losing to them because it's a 3v1 feels awful.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

For me I think the HUD-change is for the better. It's a little easier to coordinate with others, but still don't do much, some things will never be fixed. That is why I would rather go to Discord and play with randoms, it's given me a lot better gaming experiences lately and some new friends to play with. There are so many nice people playing this game :)

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

To be honest, that was to be expected. Lets see how long the transition from useless teammates to "oh #########, the others see i don´t do anything, i better do something" takes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Ah you´re being optimistic.

I think it will take 2 or 3 weeks of negative comments in the endgame chat until people start to change their behavior.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

This is why I feel a bit guilty on maps like Midwich, RPD or Autohaven where I struggle to find gens and chests (been messing around with Appraisal + AITH).

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I had a Meg like this on a Eyrie of Crows match, i was being chased by a Huntress for 2 minutes straight and she spent the entire time doing nothing, while there was one gen left and we were the only two still alive

It's going to be fun watching SoloQ teammates still doing nothing while they can clearly see i'm being chased

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

I think some people are too pessimist about it

I can talk for myself, sometimes I do get lost in the map wondering what to do next, I don't know if I should get chase, if I should go help a friend being chased, if I should go unhook.

With the new icons whenever I see no one else is doing gens, I sit in a gen until I see I'm needed somewhere else, so the way I see it, it helped me a lot more to play the solo q. I'm very optimistic about it and I'm not really a very optimistic person lol

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Soloq teammates are something else

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

Right?

I don't see anything negative about the hud and it's always so satisfying when you see 3 survivors doing gens at the same time and one being chased. It doesn't happen the whole match, we're not robots, but it pays off.

I think we'll get more escapes in the next data release.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 683

Try to play as killer and you will see a insane survivors and teammates. My experience always the same. Garbage matches as survivor, and insanely stressed matches as killer. Survivor against me are GODS. I never see gen flying so quickly than before. I dont understand, but, for me, matches as killers are so much stressed than before 6.1.0, and the problems is, soloQ matches too now. For me MMR always be the cancer of this game

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239

At least for me these new survivor hud's has made my soloq experience WAY better.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I've been pleasently surprised with the new icons. So often you'll see the one survivor being chased and all three on gens, it's awesome.

Actually get a bit anxious when the game starts as survivor because often it's like a race to not be the last one on a gen.

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239

It really helps me when someone is on the hook and it's easy to tell usually first one off a gen is going for the save.

• Pulsar

Like I said, they're absolutely a good change. They're just also infuriating at times

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

That most likely is your teammate waiting for that hatch, and you actually looping and not going down fast is messing with their plans. How dare you survive as a survivor...

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

It confirms what I already knew for the most: a genuinely shocking percentage of survivors spend huge stretches of every trial doing absolutely nothing at all. Minutes at a time with zero activity. The game is not that difficult on either side. You mostly just have to play it with your monitor on and do the single objective you have.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

That map is too dark =(

Black on black/dark blue and green doesn't exactly pop out haha

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited January 2023

That Jill really had the nerve. What did you say back?

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 675

Every time I’ve played new Eerie map, I’ve been the only person on a gen and then given the killer a good chase with no one still on gens and wondering why.

When I get hooked with Kindred I see 2 or 3 of them walking around on top floor of main building doing nothing for no reason 😭

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

This reminds me about the argument that most MMO's don't include damage calculator, when one would arguably be very useful data for group content, because of it's ability to lead to bullying.

Thankfully DBD is a bully simulator so absolutely trouncing the do-nothings in EGC isn't going to raise or lower the bar.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

It's exactly why you can have back-to-back games as killer where one game gens go super fast, next game they just never get done. Genrush builds are nothing compared to survviors just actually doing gens instead of standing around.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

Love when someone is hooked, I'm the only person on a gen, which is something the HUD let's people know now, and there are two healthy survivors not going for the save and the person goes second stage. Like just how? Nobody was getting chased so what were the other survivors doing? Now I feel like a dick, for assuming my other teammates would get the unhook while I was working on the gen.

• Pulsar

Thanks, she responded back with "blocked" and then deleted every message.

That's why I've only got the one screenshot :(

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Had a match earlier with three No Mither players on Gideon. Not a one of them touched a gen the entire match.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,730

The fan club grows. What is is about this game and it's sideways absurdities?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Yeah, it is shocking to see how many Survivors are actually at least inefficient, but sometimes even idle.

I had a Kate yesterday who did not touch a single Gen for the first four minutes of the game. In fact, her Icon did not show anything, meaning she was running around for 4 minutes doing absolutely nothing.

Also saw a Survivor yesterday who kept cleansing Dull Totems, which is already a waste of time. Even worse, this person had Calm Spirit... So they spent even more time on a pointless activity.

And when the feature went live, I had one situation where I was on Death Hook and being chased, one Gen to go. I have Adrenaline, so ideally I want to see 3 Gen-Icons. I have seen none, I have seen Healing-Icons, because two of the other 3 Survivors were injured and they decided it is smarter to first heal (two were not hooked at all, one was hooked once)... Was kinda heartbreaking.

• Pulsar

Who knows.

It does seem to attract the best and worst people around.

• magikarpediem
    magikarpediem Member Posts: 40

Imagine if they added a locker icon. Just stoke that useless teammate fire.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I have been playing survivor a lot since 6.1.0 and it's depressing. Not because killer is soooo op, because a teamate will give up first hook in a easily winnable game and teammates contributing nothing.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Remember how I said (multiple times for years) that solo Q sucks not because of balance but because of people not doing anything and being inefficient?

I dunno maybe now people will realise they lose games not because of the killer stuff being OP constantly but more rather theres 1 or more teammates barely on a gen or never on a gen.

I would say this change is great as it will now show people that your team was useless and made you lose not the killer but I doubt it.

Been speaking for years how the survivors are the reason you lose most of the games and youd be surprised how often people arent actually doing stuff, there will always be excuses or people avoiding blame on the survivors side. Would be nice to get less backlash for supporting killers even as a survivor main but I doubt it, I'm sure people will just say "most survivors are bad and dont do much so we should balance so survivors in that team can still win" because God forbid we punish players that dont do the objectives.

"hOlDiNg A bUtToN iS bOrInG"