Everyday in OCE Killer has the BP Bonus

Options

This is really starting to become a red flag BHVR that people, OCE region specifically and no doubt other regions as well the game is starting to have less and less Killers playing. Even with an Event and Tome together happening there is still way less Killers playing than what's needed which is creating longer queue times for Survivor. The less Killers playing, the longer Survivors wait

Realistically Killer should never have the BP bonus unless we are talking way early hours in the morning when the player count would potentially be at it's lowest throughout the day for that region. But currently 3:00pm as I am writing this post and even still the Killer role has the BP bonus.

I see everyday people who used to main Killer say they jump ship to the Survivor role simply because it is more chill and to be quite honest they are right, even when you get bad teams, which is bound to happen with random matchmaking queues getting bad teams is not even remotely close to being as stressful as the Killer role can be when going against an efficient team who make no mistakes.

Perk changes coming soon, we already know Eruption is on the hit list and it certainly won't be a buff, like most Killer perks it most likely will guttered to the point of next to no one uses it anymore. But I'm curious if they are nerfing gen defence are they going to start nerfing gen speed progression perks also? Because that could be a yikes if they nerf Eruption, Scourge Pain Resonance, Deadlock, Jolt etc but then don't touch commonly used perks like Prove Thyself and Hyperfocus. Even new Dead Hard is turning away a lot of Killers because of how boring it is to constantly go against and have situations where you physically cannot counter it.

BHVR really need to consider throwing Killers a bone or something next patch because if this continues where everyday there is less and less Killer players the game simply dies. It's all well and good people saying "DBD has an average of 30,000 players on Steam alone" but what we don't know and maybe BHVR could share this information with us is How many players are queueing Survivor? How many players are queueing Killer?

Let's say out of that 30,000 total you have 26,000 queueing Survivor and 4000 Killer thats 16,000 Survivors who are able to queue up and get matches but that leaves 10,000 players waiting X amount of time so the game then needs 2500 of those people to play Killer, hence why Killer has the BP bonus all the time (using as example).

Comments

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

On SEA server during some of the weekday nights, Killer BP 100% was up around 10pm. Prior to the event and new patch, Killer 100% would usually only happen at midnight.

It may not be a mass exodus of Killers, but it’s a sign

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,795
    Options

I'm in Western Australia and it's typically 100% Survivor still for me. I see killer bonus usually around 9pm. Apparently the incentive is mostly dependent on your MMR though.

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 158
    Options

So could this potentially mean my MMR is high then if there's Killers needed even at 3pm?

• Nazzzak
    Options

Wouldn't have a clue. Just mean that, for example, I could be mid-MMR and seeing a survivor bonus, while my next door neighbour could be high-MMR and seeing a killer bonus. I'm pretty sure it's simply the role most needed at your MMR at that moment.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Maybe more Survivor players come back for the cosmetics?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I'm always at 50 to 100% for survivors almost all day every day. I have seen 25% for killers a few times. So my server and MMR needs survivors!

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

It just depends. Typically it's always 100% killer when I get on dbd. When it's not I go against survivors who should never be allowed to go against me, so I am fine with it. Although survivor is the more chill role just by nature.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,286
    edited January 2023
    Options

In my region/bracket/whatever it's actually closer to the "optimal ratio" than I've ever seen before. Incentives smaller than 100% are more common, and I see them on both roles.

And my queue times reflect it. Real fast as both killer and survivor whenever that's the case, even feels like matchmaking is slightly less likely to give me eye-rolling cutscene matches where it's obvious from a minute in that one or more players are horribly mismatched in one way or another (still happens of course because xD backfill lobbies and for anyone near/above softcap xD that as well. Not making any claim I'm there or not as I have no way of actually knowing, but it's just straight up part of the system)

But that's just my experience of course, not saying what anyone else sees isn't true as it depends on all sorts of factors.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 793
    Options

At night, the BP bonus is regularly on Survivor for me.

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

This happened about a year or so ago when killer numbers began to decline due to the perceived imbalance between killer and survivor,stacked heavily in the survivors favour.

.The devs appear to favour survivor mains opinions as they have the numbers compared to killer mains.

I did notice during this time that survivor queue times were excruciatingly long where as playing as killer got you a match almost immediately.The updates last year went in some way to address the disparities but surprise surprise due to the bemoaning of the survivor community the tide has turned again, first Spirit got nerfed, now Nurse, guarantee Blight will be next and say goodbye to Eruption in its current form.

How many nerfs other than DS and DH have survivors received and as a further way to placate BT was made basekit, not to mention the now ludicrous amount of other second chance perks available to survivors along with the updated intel to solo Q which will be effectively turn 2 or 3 man swf almost as good as a four man plus the added intel to actual 4 man swf.

The devs have to remember not everyone is a full time pro at the game and the casual players I know who from time to time enjoyed playing killer have simply stopped as it is not a pleasant experience which feels tilted in the survivors favour to the point of frustration.

I have seen a steady rise in survivor queue times recently ,and more bonuses being available to killers,looks like we’re back on BHVRs game of ping pong trying to balance survivor and killer.

I understand the rationale of going with the numbers ie survivor community and the potential revenue from them in cosmetics etc,it makes good financial sense, however if things don’t improve I can see a real decline in killer players or rather the quality of killer players which in turn could negatively impact survivor numbers due to queue times and the lack of challenge in playing inept killers, i know we’ve been here before and it’s easy to volley off shots in the direction of the devs without providing any alternatives or solutions.I have had similar moans before on both sides of the game, and the usual response is we’ve heard it all before and the games still going.The brutal reality is the game is not getting any younger,the stranger things franchise lost ,the potential of Bubba going at some stage due to the new chainsaw massacre game,then who’s next.If something is not done soon to balance and reinvigorate this game we may be approaching the beginning of its death throws ,pardon the pun..

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

NA East coast it's survivor bonus throughout the day and killer bonus late at night.

For those that have not been around long enough, DBD goes in cycles of long queues for survivors to long queues for killers. And everytime it happens people scream the world is ending.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

BHVR already stated that queues are more heavily skewed in some reasons compared to others. I believe they also stated some examples but hell if im gonna look for that post.

This is normal, in my region its always survivor until post 8PM when people get home and game with their friends, then it switches slightly to killer or even the full 100% bonus if its particularly bad.

• Arbmos1998
    Arbmos1998 Member Posts: 158
    Options

Currently 6:00pm where I am, logged into DBD and again the 100% BP Bonus is on Killer (OCE Servers)

I'm assuming this must be either an MMR thing that at my MMR there just isn't enough KIllers playing or the OCE server is just lacking players in general.

• Nazzzak
    Options
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

You flatter BHVR by thinking they could code in MMR level into the bonus.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 225
    Options

I haven't seen a survivor incentive in weeks, central US.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    Options

I'm an OCE player and while a lot of the time Killer has a BP bonus, I've seen it heaps on survivor.

Plus, you say "realistically Killer should never have the BP bonus" which is just plain wrong. It's just a fact that more people play survivor than killer, it makes sense the bonus is usually on killer.

• Zeb89AceGamer
    Zeb89AceGamer Member Posts: 41
    Options

For me the afternoon is for survivors and night for killers, no idea early in the morning.

Also it's very pathetic to justify the upcoming eruption nerf just because you think the game needs more killers to play/keep playing.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2023
    Options

theres no game without killers and whats pethatic is crying over 1 perk that isnt completely trash

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 601
    Options

Bruh..

To be honest there has never been proof of the mass exodus as told by the dbd Bible - people being vocal on the forums about them 'leaving' (if any of them actually went through with it) has never been the best source and completely anecdotal at best. I disagree heavily with the post to be honest because the devs clearly do not value survivors more than killers. They literally can't. If they values survivors more than killer we'd not have current eruption, we'd have had the survivor hud years ago, etc. This game is more balanced than it was when I first played the game, and even than when I was when I started playing regularly. To say otherwise is completely said in bad faith.

There HAS to have more survivors than killers for this game to even function. I'm not sold on the cosmetics theory either - people play survivor because a) they enjoy the role more b) they want to play with friends c) they want to do dumb silly stuff or tome challenges or any combo and cosmetics is just a bonud. Personally, survivor is really boring to play for longer than like 4 matches in a row. Many cosmetics you can get for free, and like statements like that just completely ignore the fact that killers buy skins too. Of course the main reason for cosmetics to exist is sales, this is a company, you are essentially paying for this game through dlc and cosmetics - these pat for servers, employees. You don't pay a monthly fee, they need to make money somehow or the game would literally cease to exist.

And bubba is not leaving, and ST left because Netflix doesn't like free money.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    edited February 2023
    Options

Imagine trying to defend the most broken perk in the game. Goes both ways. There is no game without survivors.

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262
    Options

not broken at all, you just dont like it, broken is a term we reserve for sprint burst, dead hard, etc.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Peeps really have to stop using their anecdotal experiences to draft sweeping conclusions.

We've all been taught not to from a young age and it's just not an accurate way to make predictions about the state of the game.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options
  • MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Depends when you play but it definitely has been on killer more and more lately in OCE

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 250
    edited February 2023
    Options

Agreed. It's not always 100% killer bonus bloodpoints... survivor is generally in the morning. Makes sense for killer to be having bonuses majority of the time at night because at night everyone is squadding up?

Not an issue at all

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

Read the last paragraph, you’ve probably inadvertently strengthened my point.The one thing you got right though is Bubba is not leaving Yet….

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Uh...how many times have we seen 'well survivor incentives therefore survivors are quitting' posts?

It's about half and half for me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

When i started playing at 5pm EU, it was already at 100% killer. Has been like this since the HUD update dropped.

Survivor queue takes up to 4 minutes as of now. So perhaps the devs should implement also a queue timer with expected wait time. So everyone knows what to expect.