They should rename this game "survive by daylight" because of endless survivor buffs

Options

As this game has evolved, there was a period when killers were actually fearsome and survivors had to play well to survive.

With all the base kit buffs (the borrowed time effect at base), the new HUD information (trying to make the SWF experience the standard experience even though it is one of the worst killer experiences), perks for easy healing (circle of healing), continued poor map design (Garden of Joy, Original Eerie of Crows) with WAAAYY too many completely safe loops you must break, survivors are crazy strong for a minimal amount of actual looping skill.

I get it, they are trying to improve the game for everyone (get rid of aggressive camping). But guess what Devs, that includes the killer experience which you seem to forget for months on end until killers stop playing and you have match making issues.

Comments

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 610
    Options

Us vs them was already really tiring but it feels extra tiring now that the new hub is out.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Girl what are you smocking. All I played was survivor since the meta patch, my build is a meme with 4 boons. I don't even have dead hard, there are games I don't touch a single gen, just booning, getting flash saves, looping and we still get a lot of 4k.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

The game has always been more favored to killers the lower the mmr and gets progressively less so the higher the mmr, no amount of killer buffs or survivor nerfs will change that even if it's killer sided at high mmr.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

I didn't say the game is killer sided. I said even if it is killer sided, it's always more killer sided the lower the mmr. Players in this game are terrible on both sides but killer is way easier at the super simplified level that even new killers can understand. On the other hand how to run individual loops is not so straightforward.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Just one thing: DH and Eruption are both having the game in its stranglehold and are sucking the fun out of the game in big, rasping gulps.

Both roles can offer phenomenlly good plays and fun chases without these perks, but they are clutches for mediocre players and elevate skilled players to incredible heights, making them oppressive in unfun ways.

Nuking this two perks would increase the fun and excitement of both roles approximately 10x, if not 11x or eben 12x; its true, I have done the math and it's just as I said.

Yes, there will always be "the next thing to complain about", but this two are so transformative in a bad way for the game, that their nerf should be a no-brainer.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Imagine balancing the game so that both sides have roughly equal chances to win and lose. /s

If killer buffs are needed afterwards, there will be killer buffs. Hopefully killer-specific to bring the lower tier killers up, as well as maybe some base kit slowdown that incentives not tunneling, like a Grim Embrace thing (and for the love of all that is unholy, buff that perk!).

The only worry I have is that they give killers bulk buffs that do not address individual killers' issues, like they did in 6.1. I can see the game becoming super sweaty and unenjoyable if the killers are buffed too much that survivors have no choice but genrush with knowledge of each gen's completion progress, instead of being able to spend some time on side objectives. What use do chests have if opening one is throwing the game ?

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I know BHVR is extremely slow when it comes to Balance-Things.

But they already said they want Solo closer to SWF wirh these "QoL" and THEN they adjust killers.

My Problem is: I doubt they can adjust 31 killers till next midchapter at once, so in higher mmr you need to play 6 killers, because the rest cannot catch up there.

Imagine a trapper v. a DECENT SWF. Without Basement-Hook its a loss by default.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Git gud.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,379
    Options

It wouldn’t be this bad if everyone just accepted that solo queue AND killers needed quality of life improvements.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

Agree with everything you say but would like to add that it would be nice if maps were actually balanced to be fair with less “god pallets/windows” and more 50/50 pallets.

I understand that the strongest killers would have to be brought down in power if it happens, but I’m okay with that.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
  • foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I'd willingly put Nurse and Blight on the threshing floor if it meant the maps got the pass they desperately needed.

It's not going to happen, I am fairly sure at this point that BHVR is intentionally using poor map design to prop up the current DBD experience.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,181
    Options

Maybe add secondary objectives to find part for gens etc. They could be find by opening highlighted chest and you would also get item.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Although I think the OP’s post is a very one-sided view of the recent survivor buffs, there is definitely something to be said about the impact it has clearly had on the killer to survivor ratio. I regularly see killer role incentive at +100% during daytime hours when that was never the case in the past. The current player count on Steam has not jumped significantly, so it’s hard to believe this is due to a large influx of survivor player jumping back into the game and killer numbers staying stable. I think it’s mostly due to more survivor players coming back in AND fewer killer players. Unfortunately BHVR will never give us the killer to survivor ratio stats.

It will be interesting to see if BHVR buffs killers in the near future because to see a lack of killer players during these non-peak hours is clearly a sign of an imbalance problem.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,446
    Options

Sadly yes. I do wish players embraced both roles more. Some empathy would be greatly appreciated, and maybe cut down on some biases too

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

chill and give it time please they need time to monitor how these changes affect the game and how to address it if need be.

killers got a huge buff patch earlier this year and then the solo Survivor experience got worse big time so they're improving it a little i don't get what's the big deal.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

I can already tell this post is nonsense from the first sentence

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

Yes, I do believe the current map design is intentional. If things were more fair, then certain people couldn't make their YouTube Videos where they laugh at their opponent. If they wanted things to be fair, it would have been done a long time ago.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

How do you know it’s double standard when you don’t know if I agree that killers need buffs?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Killer got QoL improvements not that long ago. Guess what, they'll probably get more in the not to distant future.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Well i´ve got bad news for you, if you constantly run into killers that get no sweat 4ks.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Killers got zero quality of life improvements. How many people have you heard say "wow, the killer experience feels better because I kick pallets ever so slightly faster"? How many people have you heard say "wow, the killer experience feels better because I recover ever so slightly faster"? Quality of life improvements are supposed to make the playing experience feel better, and none of those killer changes did that. Meanwhile, we had survivor quality of life improvements that were so exciting that someone from BHVR ran to the forums and was super excited to let us know about these exciting changes. Do you think that would EVER happen to killers? Do you think anyone from BHVR would EVER run to the forums to let us know about exciting killer changes?

Your opinion doesn't matter. If some killers think BHVR is showing a double standard, by placing so much focus on quality of life changes for survivors, and at the same time absolutely refusing to even comment on whether or not killers will ever get any quality of life improvements, then it's both related and relevant for people to be upset at BHVR for the lack of killer quality of life improvements.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,115
    Options

What kind of QoL improvements would you want to see for killers? Because the only things I've seen so far that qualifies as a QoL improvement would be FoV adjustments, and Nurse's chase theme being quieter.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

1) FoV slider, so that killers aren't forced to deal with outdated mechanics related to their terrible FoV

2) Quieter chase music. This includes Nurse, because BHVR actively reduced her quality of life, by purposely giving her new chase music that is both way too loud, and has a bunch of thud noises in it, which makes it absolutely miserable to hear survivors.

3) More reliable survivor noises. We have a sound occlusion mechanic that can muffle or delete sounds if we don't have line of sight with the survivor, even if the survivor is behind a paper thin unenclosed wall. Bonus improvement: the 100% sound reduction survivor perks could be nerfed down to 75%.

4) Change the survivor injured pose, so it's not leaning forward so much, so the survivors hitbox matches their character a lot more, and so survivors aren't whipping around like a rag doll when they are spinning their controls. Bonus improvement: a survivor spinning their camera shouldn't affect how quickly they can turn their character.

• thrawn3054
    Options
  • Coffeecrashing
    Options

Those weren’t quality of life buffs. They were uninspired generic number buffs, that did nothing to address the killer experience.

And this is one of the biggest problems with these forums. When we talk about survivors, their player experience is important, but when we talk about killers, the only thing that matters is their kill rate %

How would people like it if the roles were reversed? How would people like it if killers had gotten multiple quality of life improvements these past few patches, and whenever someone complained that survivors didn’t get QoL buffs, BHVR could say “don’t worry survivors, if the killer changes affect the escape rate, we’ll fix that for you”.

This game would be a lot better if we didn’t see the kill rate % as a special gift that is given to killers, and is the only thing that matters at all for killers.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Making killer actions take less time does improve QoL. You can disagree but it doesn't change the fact they were given alot of little buffs. You can argue it didn't do enough and that would be a perfectly reasonable opinion. However stop pretending killers are always getting the shaft. They've had massive improvements over the course of this games life.

• Coffeecrashing
    edited February 2023
    Options

What killers got isn’t anywhere near the quality of life improvements that survivors got with the survivor HUD. BHVR even added an extra thing to the survivor HUD recently, and told us that accessibility issues are important for survivors. When do we get the announcement that accessibility issues are also important for killers? Why did a roadmap just get released, that made it painfully obvious that killer quality of life improvements and killer accessibility changes, aren’t even be considered as important things that need to eventually happen?

Post edited by Coffeecrashing on
  • Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,115
    Options

I can agree with most of those, except the sound thing. It should work as can be expected, that I agree with, but nerfing sound-blocking perks from 100% to 75% defeats their purpose entirely and isn't QoL, but a nerf to perks that already aren't good.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

If survivor footstep noises were actually reliable, even when the survivor breaks line of sight, then -100% grunts of pain addons would be fine. But right now, we get survivors that you can't hear their footstep noises over the chase music, even though they are like 2 yards away, and they aren't making any grunts of pain.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

See that's the problem people in this community has. When one side gets something people immediately go "but what about meee".

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

They should really rename this game...

Dea...

De...

Uh

Uuuhh

Dude My Butt'sTight

nailed it

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 269
    Options

10% faster kick pallets, still survivors can get to another tile

10% faster recover, still survivor can get to another tile.

These are not QOL

After Meta shake up update, what killer get is nerf after nerf.

Thana was nerfs,

Buff Flashlight save to survivors

HUD update.

To be honest, I want to see how this update play out tbh, will the swing be too much to survivor side or not. Devs here keep saying they will monitor it very closely. So, people complained here should not jump the gun just yet. Statistic of data will be important for the next update.

The game should evolve with time, we should embrace the change tbh

The concern will be, what will the killer get back. I hope it wont be 10% buff like before and how long they will provide.

Killers

Addon - of killer are downright suck need to look at. Some are the same

Map - Pallet infested map, with hard tile spawn close to each other

Stealth Mechanic - need to update

Blindess - Need to update

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,560
    Options

Like others have said, the game has never been more in the Killers favor than it is right now.

• Coffeecrashing
    Options

Immediately?????? Didn't we know about BHVR's plan to possibly add survivor icons over a year ago? And it's been a few months since they announced the survivor visual terror radius accessibility plan? And now we have a roadmap for the next few months that still doesn't mention any plans for quality of life or accessibility content for killers? How much time has to pass before it becomes acceptable to complain? 2 years? 3 years? 5 years?

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

There it is, our weekly "x side got too many buffs" post.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Having ~60% kill rate is the expectation BHVR is trying to put in place. In other words that is the desired outcome. If the kill rates were 70% then that would statistically be killer sided.

Also not to burst your bubble but the survivors run the game at high MMR. As your skill increases you play with better team members. When you start only playing in 3-4 man SWF squads and start making crazy call outs the game becomes trivial unless you are against Nurse/Blight.

That's messed up.