Iron Grasp

At this point, with all the buffs that Boil over is receiving, I feel like Iron Grasp should also be increased with power. Boil over has a lot to offer and gives about 3-4 different effects such as faster escape, increased struggle on the killer, a bonus in wiggle prgression if the killer falls , and it obscures the closest hooks. I feel like Iron Grasp should be buffed to increase the time to escape by 16%

Comments

• ironblade
    ironblade Member Posts: 270

I think that Iron Grasp should nullify wiggling and dropping from a great height doesn't add wiggle progression.

• PetRiLJoe
    PetRiLJoe Member Posts: 2

No- Saboteur obscures hooks not Boil over

The survivor is likely running both

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,545

Iron Grasp is in a good spot... the only reason it doesn't see play is the Gen situation

If BHVR buffed base Gen regression we would see more perks being used and the "meta" would be Killer dependent not perk dependent

• G_Hunters
    G_Hunters Member Posts: 74

Is really strong as it is even now,I use it all the time with agitation and pain resonance,try it,such a fun build,every down is a guaranteed scourge hook and you can pressure generators and chase at the same time.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Use the brightest items you have to decorate your hooks. It makes finding them under the boil effect easier.

If it is important to you: iron grasp, agitation, starstruck, hubris, or madgrit. Pretty damn strong perk combo and will do damage regardless of boilover.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

I hear killers complain about boil over but every time I use it the killer barely notices what gives?!

• FengShuiExe
    FengShuiExe Member Posts: 84

I imagine its when the survivor team is built around such perks is the real problem. because as a killer the only time boil over really gives me trouble is when another survivor is running saboteur or a toolbox

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

-"Iron Grasp is in a good spot"

It's terrible actually. It only gets used in meme builds or maybe if you are in low MMR. What does it grant you? Most of the time you get nothing you would not already be able to do - hook a survivor.

If you want to hit people while carrying survivors there are already three better choices : AGI/STBFL as well as Mad Grit which is much weaker but better than IG.

Let's go back in time to 2016 and remember pre-nerf Iron Grasp. The old level 1 of the IG perk is stronger than the current version of level 3 of IG.

The old Iron Grasp was so strong that it made people not want to wiggle against it. It is roughly equal to Boil Over. So either we can restore the old IG or we can nerf Boil Over.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,159

Boil Over is one of these perks that are unbelievably aggravating to play against if someone pulls it off, but it's very hard to use. It's just overall an unhealthy perk and should never have been buffed.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,469

The reason Iron Grasp isn't commonly used is because the things it counters are either rarely used, or aren't that strong. If for some weird reason tomorrow Breakout became meta and survivors start body-blocking the hook way more often than they do now, then Iron Grasp would become much more used.

I say it's in a good spot because it counters certain things well, it's simply that those things aren't currently meta. It's still an important perk.

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208

The biggest issue is it's outclassed by agitation, and they both follow a very similar design. Both ensure hooks but iron grasps do nothing else while agitation also saves you time. Some other effects could be useful as just buffing the numbers still mean it and agitation still step on each other's feet, but given how many perks help deal with sabotaging/wiggle-outs it's hard to give it a unique effect that's useful.

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195

IG is better than Agitation, is not a meme perk, is versatile, is underrated, and is almost necessary in today’s DBD:

• No more being bothered by wiggling or by Boil Over. Say goodbye to bumping into things! With agitation you may gain speed but you are still prone to the wiggle effect and more so Boil Over. Not with IG.
    • Can get to almost any hook even ones further away when you down a survivor in the corner of the map
    • almost necessary when running a Scourge build - guaranteed scourge hook every time
    • Great when going against Sabo squads or just the random trying to sabotage a hook. Just turn and find another hook, plenty of time !
    • 1 body blocker won’t be problem. Run this with agitation and mad grit and you’ll never have that issue. But that’s overkill in my opinion because I don’t run into that many body blockers to warrant 3 perks dedicated to that.

I run IG on every killer, always, along with Lightborn most of the time unless everyone in the lobby has tool & med kits.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

The old Iron Grasp was literally the same thing. Nobody wanted to wiggle against it.

-"The reason Iron Grasp isn't commonly used is because the things it counters are either rarely used, or aren't that strong"

You also forget the alternative that AGI, STBFL and Mad Grit counter things like break out/sabotage better than IG.

So not only does Iron Grasp not counter anything important - it is not the best thing to use to counter certain perks like Boil Over or Breakout when they do appear.

If we look at a perk like remember me there is some possible use for that perk. It does that specific job better than everything else. What does IG do best? It wastes a perk slot.

-"IG is better than Agitation, is not a meme perk, is versatile, is underrated, and is almost necessary in today’s DBD"

How could you possibly believe this?

-"No more being bothered by wiggling or by Boil Over"

The largest benefit of Boil Over is that it hides the closest hook. If the killer knows the survivor has the perk you can look for a hook before picking them up. The most annoying benefit of the perk is the increased wiggle but you can fight this naturally if you understand how to move properly. No perk is required except in very rare or contrived circumstances. An example would be when a survivor picks a two story map and brings Boil Over+ Flipflop AND has a friend who can run underneath with breakout while they are being carried.

-"Can get to almost any hook even ones further away when you down a survivor in the corner of the map"

Agitation gives a longer carry distance due to increased travel speed. This is an undisputed fact known by the community but apparently not you. Back in 2016 the old IG gave a longer carry distance but that was a long time ago.

-"almost necessary when running a Scourge build - guaranteed scourge hook every time"

AGI does it better. When you are against Boil Over and you have AGI you need to be careful how you move so you don't get crazy "drunk sway" from the combined effects of increased wiggle+increased speed.

-"Great when going against Sabo squads or just the random trying to sabotage a hook."

Count the grunts on your shoulder you can drop them if you have a firm grasp of these mechanics. You will not be able to pick them up again but slugging is still viable. Once again : STBFL is better than IG for sabo. With ~2 stacks you can often get in one punch you would not be able to do otherwise. Most people can't call out STBFL with only a few stacks so they never see it coming unless you are playing Demo. With 8 stacks you can punch something like an extra 3-4 times.

-"I run IG on every killer, always, along with Lightborn most of the time unless everyone in the lobby has tool & med kits."

And you're wasting two perk slots every game. If you had someone show you how you could probably clean up your mechanical weaknesses so that you would not be a victim without those perks.

If you watch killers over a certain hour count they never use Lightborn except in "all perk" challenges. It is completely unnecessary. The same goes for Iron Grasp because it is outdated and there are other perks that can do everything it can do better.