The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's one thing about other's playstyle that irks you?

Mine is when an uninjured survivor drops God pallet--especially at the start of the match--especially when they hide and wait to drop it on the Killer who didn't even know they were hiding and waiting.

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

yeah ... don't bring bond if you don't want to see the shack palette fly within the first chase and no one is hurt.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

the immersive gameplay, and then complaining that survivor teamed up with the killer to find them. Bruh, that pisses off BOTH sides

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Prethrowing pallets vs any killer thst isn't oni, doctor, clown and maybe pyramid head, self caring survivors also give me aneurysm, people that make love to gens instead of taking chase /unhooking, killers that drop chases to kick gens, shack pallet gettin dropped before 1 2 gens are done is a huge nono

• K_Nottie16
    K_Nottie16 Member Posts: 72

For me its when the killer catches someone and face camps right away even though a gen hasnt popped. Whats the point of camping when no gens have popped? It seems like a lose-lose-win situation. The person who gets caught doesnt get any points so thats a loss. The killer is wasting time face camping a survivor while the others do gens. Ive been in games were the lucky 3 won because of one person sacrifice.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

From survivors: a full stack SWF of all strong players bringing 4 super strong items, map offerings and trying to get out in world record time. This isn't a game that supports tournament style play very well. Calm down. Realize that what you're doing isn't balanced.

From killers: same side of the coin - best killer (Nurse, Blight), Eruption/CoB, hard tunneling the first hooked survivor at 5 gens and/or super advantageous map offering (indoor map wraith with sloppy, cob/eruption - so obnoxious). Cannibal first hook face camping. Just so boring.

There are still so many things that either side can do that makes the game super lopsided balance-wise before the game has even started. And too many players play that way every game. Super unfun.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

I'm the exact opposite. Very annoying when someone takes a hit instead of dropping a pallet. What's the upside? You get the gens done with half of the pallets on the map still up? What's the point? The risk in greeding like that is a 4k.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,913
    edited February 2023

Me when the other Survivor pulls me off (the hook) right next to the Killer.

I hate that playstyle.

Post edited by Emeal on
  • Distortion_Enjoyer
    Distortion_Enjoyer Applicant Posts: 83

people throwing pallets at 5 gens while healthy and it's not an oni 😡

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

lol and it's every pallet in the game . . . No looping, just dropping. I sometimes watch the pallets going down with WoO 😭

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

So many people hating people using pallets... like why? Are you saving them for the next game?

Really shouldn't be mad at people using pallets healthy or injured, as long as they dont get hit and drop it or just camp at all the pallets it's fine. As long as everyone does gens and loops before dropping you'll be fine. You'll die more from inefficiency and saving pallets over people using them to not lose a health state.

As for the OP. I dont really hate anything in the game, if I really had to pick itd be either killers face camping on first hook or survivors just giving up. Both are boring and just kinda waste my time and I just wanna play the game afterall

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496

I think it's stupid when survivors chase after the killers when they're carrying a survivor to the hook, like what are you trying to do my guy? Is there really a point to giving me a free hit and following me around?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707
    edited February 2023

People that try to dictate how others should play the game when they are just trying not not get hit/downed by the killer in a perfectly normal way. Not every one has the skills or capabilities to play in the most efficient way possible and that’s fine (as in, in game dictating/punishing them - especially common on toxic 3man swf)

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

The survivor that tries their best to irk the killer, then fails miserably and gets downed just to dc.

Dont bark at the beast if you have no bite.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Looking at this post, I'm gonna go on a mission to completely wipe a map of pallets faster than a soloq meg ever could

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

Worst Thing - 5 Gen Hook Campers

Best Thing - Hatchets Only Huntress (These players are always a good laugh to play with)

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

People that walk to the hook when the killer isn't around. They don't even have sprint burst half the time so like why? Are you waiting for an invitation?

• AshInTheTallGrass

I like that. "Don't bark at the beast if you have no bite."

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Immersed hiding gameplay

• AshInTheTallGrass

I don't know if this was directed at my post, but if it was, allow me to give some context please.

I'm not mad at pallets being used. I dislike when they're being used inefficiently because it screws over the rest of the team. Now when a Survivor is running the Killer all game, I don't care. Do what you want. But if you're perfectly healthy and you're blowing through every pallet, and especially creating dead zones, then that's a different story. When I've played Killer, I've stuck with the Survivors who did that because it made it much easier for me to get mid to endgame pressure. There's nothing for the rest of the team to work with.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Everyone is like "dropping pallets is a sin of the highest calibre, you need your survivor license revoked" they're there to be used, obviously people shouldn't waste them willy nilly (like most windows users do, there's never a pallet left)

• AshInTheTallGrass

Here's what I said to another commenter.

I'm not mad at pallets being used. I dislike when they're being used inefficiently because it screws over the rest of the team. Now when a Survivor is running the Killer all game, I don't care. Do what you want. But if you're perfectly healthy and you're blowing through every pallet, and especially creating dead zones, then that's a different story. When I've played Killer, I've stuck with the Survivors who did that because it made it much easier for me to get mid to endgame pressure. There's nothing for the rest of the team to work with.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,989

when a survivor stand just at the tippy top of a hill and shine their flashlight at u with a $hit eating grin. (balance landing time)

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Honestly, throwing a god pallet isnt even always that bad, teammates can finish 3-4 gens if you do it for the right reason. So that's 1 god pallet and 1 hook, with the return of investment on 4 gens. Thats a good trade-off.

What is bad, is throwing a god pallet when others need it a lot more than you do. Like, if you have 0 hooks, while you have 2 teammates who are dead on hook. You just killed a teammate, and saving yourself for 20 extra seconds of chase isnt worth the dead teammate.

As for other irking reasons: killers who tunnel at 4 gens while running 4 gen slowdown perks because "games go too fast otherwise" and then complain that 4 gens are done before he even killed the first person and that survivors only rush.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203

Agreed. Not to mention pallets have gone WAY down in reliability. I'll drop the pallet, get the stun notification, but somehow I've been downed although there's no way he got the hit in time. So I'll predrop if I feel the need, and use the extra time to get to a safer tile, or loop it as long as possible. Works for me.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Not aimed at anyone in particular, just odd people would rather people lose health states than use pallets when they need to.

But like my comment said if people are efficient on gens and constantly push them you wont run out of pallets as long as people arent dropping them when getting hit or just camping them. Some maps like giddeon you can just pre drop every pallet and win.

Pallets are there to be used, I'll use them when I need to (some exceptions I'll never use them but that's due to killer powers) I will always use a pallet when needed, now you can bait pallet drops or make reads if killers will respect it but thats a higher level play not everyone will do especially since the way most people speak of casuals.

I just thought it was odd people rather keep pallets over health states, can hurt you alot and nothing is more silly than dying with a map full of pallets especially when they're safe pallets.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

A lack of patience or game awareness. It feels like survivors nowadays don't really know the value of hiding from the killer, from time to time. A lot of the time survivors are just running around, itching for a chase. For example, these approaches should be applied much more:

• Are you on an important gen you KNOW a killers coming to? Can't QUITE finish it, but it's 80%? Just hide. The killer now has two options: Kick/leave the gen and move on. Or kick it and look around for you, wasting far too much time even if they do find you - meaning other gens are being done. This situation puts the killer in a HUGE predicament.
    • If I'm unhooked and on death hook and the killer clearly isn't going for anyone else - they're almost certainly coming back to the hook. Let me walk away, to hide. Don't follow me or try to heal or body block for me. Instead, run to get the killers attention but don't make it too obvious. Sometimes I'll "poorly" hide, with half my body showing around an object, just to bait the killer - thinking they'll get an easy hit.
    • At the start of the game, sometimes it's not best to just jump straight on a gen. Just wait a few seconds and let the killer move on to the next gen. If all survivors had some patience and did this, the killer may be inclined to go a full circle around the map and finally stumbling across you on a 40% done gen when they finally get back to you. Plus - even if killers are well aware of survivor spawn points - you hiding well will waste A LOT of time (with no resources used), even if they do find you.

There's more, but yeah. And I understand that perhaps now more than ever, stealth is difficult. Lethal pursuer, that gen kicking aura perk etc. But it is so good in some scenarios.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Mobile forum is very buggy for me, can't edit my previous comment. Anyway, I wanted to add another one: Teammates taking hits when on deathhook or generally not hiding from the killer. Even if you're healthy and you could prevent someone getting downed, don't, unless their on deathhook too. Any good killer will simply start chasing you instead, which makes the situation much much worse