I'm absolute trash as a survivor

nonesense
nonesense Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5

I'm starting to play as a survivor and I get absolutely obliterated every single time. I'm trying to do the challenge of stunning the killer with the new survivor and I just can't. One match is some killer that camps me in the hook, the other he just avoids my lantern, or the pallet... I'm loosing my hair over this, I should keep trying or give up.

Comments

• nonesense

Because I think I'm really loosing my sanity.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

You shouldn't focus so much on it. Just play and it will happen in time.

Everything else is just a recipe for stress.

An example from my experience is the hex:devour 4 Mori achievement. I never intentionally looked for it and when it happen didn't even know that it existed. I just did a game with hag for a daily and since i had only crap perks unlocked on her i just used her own plus old bbq and it just happened.

But i was happy nonetheless and can only imagine the stress and frustration actively trying to go for it only for survivor to successfully cleanse the totem midway, one of them DCing (especially the last one is most frustrating when denying you) or they manage to open the gates since i was too focused on the achievement and forgot to pressure them.

Tldr: Just relax, play and it will happen some time.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,445

No need to stress. Keep playing, keep getting experience and getting better at the role, and the challenges will become easier.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

If you have blast mine already unlocked try it, one sucessful blast mine gives you a stun and a blind, so you just need one to finish the challenge.

You could also try DS or head on, they might be easier than a pallet stun.

• Erenior
    Erenior Member Posts: 88

You are a new player? Give yourself time to actually learn a bit.

A pallet stun will come naturally just by playing.

You will become better with time and experience. But just don't expect to be a great survivor right from the start, that usually never happens.

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239

Move left or right of the pallet (obviously in a place killer can't see over) and slam it down just as they walk thru.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

I don't remember an achievement dedicated to Hex: Devour. Was it "Blood in Your Mouth" (kill a total of 25 survivors by your own hand)? The only other one I can recall where Devour is helpful would be "I See You" (down 30 survivors that are exposed).

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

I can't remember what the challenge was called, but the challenge was to get full use of Hex: Devour Hope. So, that includes knocking down two survivors while exposed by the perk and then killing someone by your hand when you finally have earned all the tokens. Unfortunately, finishing this challenge took me a long time, as the totem would constantly get cleansed in reasonably short order. Eventually, I tried maxing out my hex perks to protect the devour hope totem and give it another chance. So I equipped Hex: Undying, Hex: Pentimento, Hex: Devour and Hex: Ruin. Because of Undying and Pentimento's effects on other totems and the limited protection it provides, I was able to finish the challenge eventually. Again, however, it took considerable time, even after the perk changes.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited February 2023

Yeah, i guess you are right. It was most probably the "blood in your face/in your mouth". I was sure there was an equivalent for the "evil incarnated" achievement for devour hope.

But nonetheless my original point stands, just relax and don't try hard for something specific if you don't want to stress out.

• Neltaxis
    Neltaxis Member Posts: 46

Use Jill's blast mine perk to do this challenge.

Blastmine is a stun.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

If you are new to this game, take your time. What I suggest is that play as much as possible and watch some videos of the survivor mains and get some ideas from them. You will get used to playing better once you manage to read the killer's mindset. However, sometimes even with great playing, due to map designs or no safe place to run, you can be downed pretty easily and that can happen even to the most professional ones. So my suggestion is to take your time and learn by playing and watching. You will be better in a short time.

• nonesense

Sadly I don't have Jill or Jane Romero unlocked, so I'll have to keep trying with the pallets and the lantern.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

It was really an annoying challenge. I don't think it's a you problem...