Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ok rage quitting/Giving up Is getting a little ridiculous now

Noel_Vermillion
Noel_Vermillion Member Posts: 30
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

I'm talking from the side of a killer main (I'm suuuuurre their are plenty of killers who RQ too but as survivor side is 4v1 theirs more RQ per game potential)

I can't get through a single damn match at the moment without it being a 3v1 at some point due to survivors just losing the will to live or something leading the game to be MASSIVELY unbalanced in my favor

I have not had a single FULL fair 4v1 killer game from start to finish in amost a weeeeeeek, If I am getting slaughtered with 2 gens left and 1 hook, game goes on, but the MOMENT i looks like I can make a come back DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC or Stand still and point at hook.

I Have 1 hook at 2 to 3 gens and because I got 3 hooks before a the next gen can pop survivors abandon ship like it's unsalvageable. I'm playing super chill even opting to not even use my power AND literally ignoring someone I just hooked who grinding up on me like they wanna make out with me waaay aftee free BT has ended and for what? To get salt in my dms for not playing fun, using none meta and a Spirit with NO phase use, basic M1 4.4 chase only XD

I am losing my mind over here

I just wanna play a full fair match is that to much to ask DX aghhh!

It's getting unbearable. Survivor throwing is getting out of hand, a match is not over untill It's over, STOP being so pessimistic....

It takes 1 good chase and allll of that killer momentum is very hard to regain, have a little more patience and half these quit matches would have probably been a win for you

It's not fun the for killer all this nonsense and it's not fair to your survivor team mates you quit EVERYONE loses both the survivors and the killer.

The 3 survivor you ditched are just dead now and the killer ain't having a fun time just cleaning shop vs a significantly unbalanced and unearned advantage you juat gave them.

Comments

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983

Sure, but what is gonna hold the killer back to do those things eventually? Nothing. That's my point.

• Rudjohns

Sure, but what is gonna hold the killer back to do those things eventually? Nothing. That's my point.

• Rudjohns

It doesn't but it's a reason for a person to stop playing if they want to

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

If OP is telling the truth and people are DCing in their game for a week straight, I would assume the issue lies with OP.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited February 2023

I mean i get games where im myers of all killers or someone like clown even. Down one survivor because they make a mistake at a pallet or something. And they just leave. Especially when they turned penalties off again. Some people i just question why they even play. And sometimes ill get at least a dc a day this way (i play around 7 games per day)

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

It's more than a week been the best part of a year now but not as consistently as this.

They must have done something to MMR because survivor RQ threshold for a out play seems to be like a 50/50 chance every downed they could dc

This is literally not camping or slugging ignoring an easy tunnelable death hook person as they just got unhooked even tho they rubbing up on me asking to be tunneled

Playing as "fair and fun" as I can using a none meta and actively trying to throw to make it even more appealing to survivors

I don't play seriously at all.

If I care about winning I wouldn't be making this discussion when I'm literally been handed free wins for nothing

My complaint is. I would LOVE to play serious and have a real game of dbd but it literally feels impossible because of the RQ averages per game.

Literally stomp me out, give me all the T bags YES! DM me in game, put me in a "THIS KILLER SUX AT DBD" youtube vid and hole me, bring the THICCCIEST DH the world has ever seen, I don't care 🤣 I just need to see a game with 4 exit symbols or 1 2 3 or 4 Skull symbols, If i see one more squiggly DC symbol I think I'm going to explode DX

• Noel_Vermillion

Not tunneling

Ignoring death hooked people

Going for 12 hooks

Not using meta perks

Not using a killers power

Literally goofing around with survivors at times when they do something derpy like trying to CJ and looking at them awkwardly for about 10 seconds so they can think about the choicea that led up to this moment when they vault into me while injured

Seeing someone going for a unhook and running past them letting them secure a safe unhook and under hook heal

Downing and instantly picking up unless theres someone clearly hiding near by waiting to pick up as i pick up and hook

LITERALLY not attacking people when they stand there and put down an item going for some one else and chasing them later letting them complete whole gens uninterrupted.

Explain where any of that is not a survivors wet dream? Needing a DC when they decided to actually play and get downed

Hell soon as one person quits i usually just let the rest of the team grind the hell out of me.

I'm one of the most chill killer players in this community if you ever run into me, same name as my DBD account here on ps5 Noel-Vermilllion

I throw soooo survivors soooooo many bones.

All this sounds like I'm god at dbd and I'm not but you don't have to be when a DC does half the match for u!

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

At this point I think I should just some Discord server and just try find 4 good players to do customs with because public servers are almost as bad as for honor, for none DC matches

Or atleast make bots that scale in difficulty to the missing player who DC MMR that can fill the space of a missing player it's better than nothing. Gotta be much better than the survivor bots we have in customs way more buffed.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2023

yeah honestly i was willing to be sympathetic until you posted this, having a hard time believing you were truly as non-toxic in your gameplay if this is how you respond to criticism. certainly survivors are mostly to blame for ragequitting, yeah, but unless your gameplay is completely different from this i can only imagine it was a ragequit in reaction to something that was more than merely imagined.

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

Responding to somebody who calls you a clown in a sarcastic or passive aggressive way is anyway representative of my game play makes no sense.

I'm not going to stand there and talk to somebody with respect when they are openly insult me with the 1st thing they say

Thats crazy.

Having a conversation with someone has no correlation to how you play a video game that's just Ludacris

And I'm tired of hearing the word "toxic" game play.

The only truly toxic gameplay is maliciously going out of your way to make a game miserable for the other side literally ripping the controller out their hand giving them no gameplay at all (face camp insta down killers mostly with some ultra tunneling exceptions)

if playing as chill as I am playing is non-toxic gameplay,

then I guess play normal is absolutely grossly toxic right?

Using stratagies and tactics to sway the game more you direction? Thats toxic right? Aside from face camping and ultra tunneling 1 person never even entertaining hitting another survivor

Define toxic gameplay anyway?

Simply breathing in this game is considered toxic to some people, using this perk is toxic, using that killer is toxic, using this play style is toxic, doing this is toxic, doing that is toxic, the whole goddamn game is toxic you need to wear a hazmat suit just to pick up the controller it feels like 🤣

A little Tunnelling when super behind to force people to body block and get off gens is not toxic, slugging is not toxic (tho pretty sweaty trying to slug everyone, but 1 slug at a time? No)

there's plenty of things to stop these two things from happening many perks to stop them from happening may ways you can play to stop it from happening, team work to stop it from happening but Face camping that's a different story and heavy killer dependent if there is even any gameplay to stop it from happening.

Post edited by Noel_Vermillion on
  • ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2023

idk, in all the games i've played it's not the people who try their best despite being behind that flame in chat; its the people sandbagging and throwing that always have something negative to say. toxic/bad/disrespectful gameplay doesn't necessarily directly relate with flaming and rudeness one-to-one, but its not like there's no relation between the two

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

This is one reason I prefer to slug survivors. It prevents rage quitters; forcing them to cooperate with teammates or go sit in the corner.

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

well if people don't want flaming rude comments people shouldn't go around calling people clowns and initiating the Flaming rudeness to start with.

I'm over it already but I find it more rude when somebody's criticism literally disregard something you said to try and make the criticisms they said invalid (No power usage)

doesn't matter how bugged somebody's power is if you're not using it and discrediting the whole argument even then this is on every killer not just spirit the last killer one I was using before I quit for that day. My 7 in a row legion games or my 3 sadako games before my 1 single spirit game that had a DC every match

If you generally say something stupid and somebody calls you out for it Great, but when all of the information is there and somebody chooses to ignore it and then insults you when they're insukt is 1 uncalled for and unfounded and incorrect that annoys me, and then you get the passive aggressive not so nice one for one

Like the original replyer got.

How can one abuse a bug when they're not abusing a bug and literally said that AND before being informed in this very discussion have knowledge of it's existence to start with.?

You wouldn't be abusing anything you would just be using something that's bugs without knowing it it's not your fault it's fault it's behaviours lill switches exist for a reason, spirit isn't breaking the game is just making her vs a bit harder in blocked line of sight areas

A simple, "did you know spirits power has a bug right now that hides her sound direction when out of line of sight is a bug thats happening right now? That could be the reason for some of youe spirit DC"

"Oh really? I was not aware thanks for this information good job i was not even using her power then XD that must be pretty annoying I'll put her down for a while then"

But what did I get?

*If you're getting mad at people immediately leaving the match when you're playing bugged spirit rn then i recommend you change your profile picture to the clown*

My point.

Ignoring my no power statement just to insult and try sound more valid.

Not only that but they don't leave immediately leave this is like a 2 to 3 minutes in after everyone clearly see me not phasing running something like play with your food and trials of torment on SPIRIT XD

They dc after they get downed

Post edited by Noel_Vermillion on
  • Noel_Vermillion

Infact imma do it again X3

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195

This is why this game needs a “Concede” option so we can accept defeat, leave the match , and you win.

What the F is the point of 2 survivors sticking around with 3 gens to still do?? Absolutely none!

It ALWAYS ends up the same - 2 survivors killed early because they are new or flashlight memers. Then we last 2 survivors get f*cked. I’m supposed to what… continue trying to be competitive? Finish gens? Yeah right.

The game is POINTLESS when 2 survivors left and 2-5 gens still left to complete.

But BEhaviour doesn’t care .

• Noel_Vermillion

Gime like 10 mins imma upload a few games I just had. So whats going on can literally be witnessed 1st hand

• Erenior
    Erenior Member Posts: 88

absolutely right.

my last match i had 2 down and a 3gen situation. eventually i got my third kill (which took time) but after chat they wished me death IRL because i "camped" 3 gens. what should i do as killer? "oh yes good sir go to the gen and repair it while i water the flowers" ...

• Noel_Vermillion

What type of flowers you got? I'm a roses enjoyer myself

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195

Or 1 person DC’s early / RQ whatever. Great!

Now as a survivor I’ve been in a very FEW matches where 1-2 ppl still escape in an early 1v3 but it’s rare against a good killer.

And as a killer myself when someone DC’s early it’s like you said… either continue playing normal knowing you’re going to kill them easily , or you end up farming or letting them do gens if you are in a good mood lol

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,859

While we agree that rage quits have spiked (actually had a killer rage quit recently even) it's not like there's much we can do. Where would we even start?

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

Ok so here is one of my derpy spirit games, tell me what I did wrong to make the survivor give up that ultimately lead to the game becoming a friendly killer game (I'd just watch up to the part where I stopped playing and the survivors gave up)

Where in all of this was I playing mg toxic or abusing a bug?

I'm playing a memey spirit build with no phase like i was before in my original message

And before someone inevitably brings up memeing around letting people escape will tank your mmr for easy games I had 7 games of 3 ks and a DC before this.

MMR HAS the be broken or something right now

• Erenior
    Erenior Member Posts: 88

my wife loves tulips :D

not rly good survivors right from the start if i may say so. i dont see a real fault at your spirit.

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

Here is a game I had before this game and yes the argument CAN for once be made that I "tunneled" (I missed the scratch marks going off to the right and assumed the unhooker must be healing the dude up stairs so I went back to get into a faster chase but instead found the guy downed him had 0 intention of hooking him because I just did and went looking for the other dude who rescued him)

Was just unfortunate. Interaction that round but imma post it regardless

Like i get it you got downed twice in a row you have haste and BT to get out of there and you heal basic under the hook and deactivate it.

So many things could of happened to that survivor if he just waited literally 10 seconds and saw i was not even intrested in taking his hook state but nope DC.

Patience thats what i mean.

Let me just emphasise the point.

BOTH DOWNS I WAS WALKING as spirit not even using her power. Both downs was avoidable if they played the pallets in that room before they went out or healed at a pallet after the unhook.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

If I exercised my free will in the real world like people who DC in this game, I would literally never be invited to any competitive group functions. No-one would tolerate me. Not a soul.

• foxsansbox
    edited February 2023

Could start by significantly increasing the penalty when a SoloQ'er DCs. If you're in a 4 man stack, the other 3 people have the option to reprimand your behavior by choosing not to play with you anymore.

Could also increase the penalty in general. It won't stop the behavior, but it will curb the frequency significantly. I don't think anyone believes it can be stopped entirely - but it is way too frequent as it is.

Edit: Typo OCD

• Noel_Vermillion
  • Noel_Vermillion

Honestly I woulf like to see a world where repeat DC get you a red name or something to identify you DC alot that wears off after week. We talking like alotta dcs not like one or 2

If i see someone who Dcs alot as a survivor imma probably just dodge that lobby anf i literally NEVER lobby dodge. If i see 4 flash lights I just lean forward into focus mode lol

• Noel_Vermillion

But regardless of all this my point is giving up or DCing thresholds of people feels like the most sensitive it's ever been.

You either getting getting stomped as killer or doing well and someone leaves ruining the whole game.

Thats the only point I been trying to make

In general anyway minus the video where I accidentally tunneled that one dude even tho would of just left him to get rezzed anyway

• Noel_Vermillion
    edited February 2023

Yeah but then you run into people witch hunting the devs because they literally locked out of the game they paid money for because theu DCd plus hackers can hold you hostage if we ever get an out break again.

The solution definitely is not waiting x amount of time. A simple red name to highlight someone dcs is shameful enough. You may even get to a point where no one wants you on their team and no killer want to vs you with a red name showing you are a repeat DCer and thats far nore effective than some little timer.

Taking heat of the devs for being locked out the game and at that point letti g the community decide if they wanna put up with you leaving all the time in their games

• Noel_Vermillion

Regardless tho.

I have said my peace gunna leave the discussion here and just get on with playing more dbd X3 with powers now tho. Try out some new builds n stuff

Just saying the numbers of DCs or killing self is through the roof lately that is all.

Take care peoples! X3

• Noel_Vermillion

The community will find any way to make toxicity tho. You can be a bald Dwight minding your own business doing a gen and suddenly end up being called toxic lol

• Rulebreaker

Well first off probably should be a universal thing less every soloQ cries out like the damned (we are damned but still).

Secondly how far would it go since they cant a dc from a internet failure from pulling the plug. We (or more accurately I) dont want a 30+ min bad because the cable company is incompetent and unstable.

• foxsansbox

Anyone who has an internet connection also has the tools to test their internet connection. If you DC once due to natural causes, you shouldn't queue again unless you're sure it won't happen again. A spotty internet means take a break, don't inflict that damage upon the rest of the players.

Given the above, I don't really see it as in issue. It should really be something like 10, 30, 120 minutes. Repeat offenses usually mean a player with bad intentions.

I would use a word much stronger than 'usually' save for someone will inevitably show up and complain about their internet and swear up and down it's not their fault and that they're not responsible for monitoring their connection.

• Rulebreaker

Twice now I've had perfect connection for an hr then it died for a few minutes, then back to perfect then died about and hr later then back. Didn't get back on after the second time. Sometimes life decides to throw **** at you.

• foxsansbox

Sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles. My penalty suggestion isn't perfect. It's utilitarian.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Can you killers quit sweating so hard after dcers haha it's like man we had two dcers and this guy is camping me. What is wrong with you?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

eh at last two survivors people already suicide whether killer camp it or not, what's the deal?

• nixtunes
    nixtunes Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2023

Survivor main of 4+ years here:

I used to avoid DCing, but not so much nowadays. I'm playing a game, and if I'm not having a good time I'm free to leave at any time. While not the best for every one else, I'm not duty bound to stick around and be someone's punching bag.

It's not fun to get slammed by Eruption Jolt followed with Pain Res DMS. Makes it even worse when it's the 5th game in a row with the same perk set. I don't enjoy playing against the ######### show of Knight, nor do I enjoy the deadzone festival of Shelter Woods. Stack it all together to varying levels. If I'm not having a particularly bad time, I'll slap that DC button harder than Putin wants to slap the nukes with no regrets.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521

Remember when advocating for DCs was against forum rules, the good old days.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited February 2023

Well....that's what DC penalties are there for. 👍

Sadly it seems they are way too lenient at the moment.