Steam Deck support and Cross Progression

Options

We should have both. I want to be able to play on my PS5 with all the progress I've made on Steam. I'd like even more to be able to just play on my Steam Deck since my PC is getting old. I think these things would help keep players in the game. For me, I know that once my PC dies, I'll be done with DBD unless we get cross progression or Steam Deck support.

Comments

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 277
    Options

I guess it's not entirely on their hands? I mean, they got cross progressiong with Switch, so I guess it will also depend on Sony and Microsoft. But yes, it would be awesome to be able to play on PC with the content I already purchased on PS5 without having to pay for it again.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

Actually they announced that they would eventually have cross progression on Switch.

Despite this being announced years ago, there is currently no cross progression on switch.

This is an especially massive gut punch for me because I bought the Switch version for the sole purpose of playing elsewhere with my progress.

On topic, as mentioned before Cross Progression is something that's simply not in their hands. I don't know about Nintendo and Microsoft, but Sony has a history of insisting their console is the master race and that if they play with other consoles than their consoles are at risk at getting robot Aids or something.

No excuse for Steam Deck though, really should have been a thing by now.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Sony has cross progression with Destiny 2 and other games though and if Microsoft has no issue then that leads me to believe BHVR doesn't care enough to even attempt to make it happen.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

So I'm going to point out that, yes there are games with Crossplay with Sony and other systems PC included.

I said it was difficult, not impossible.

I'll give a friendly reminder that Epic Games had to pull teeth to get Cross Save across all platforms for Fortnite because Sony is absurdly stupid on this.