Next killer predictions based on patterns

TheHourMan
TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
I think the next killer will be:

Male.
Likely undead, tribal, or bestial in some way.

I only think this based on the patterns of releases. The majority of recent killers have been female (legion is both.) The majority of recent killers have been chase oriented. There are 4 active chase killers (nurse, legion, spirit, clown,) 3 stealth killers (wraith, pig, shape,) 2 instant down killers (hillbilly, cannibal,) 2 trap killers (hag, trapper,) 2 gen slow killers (doctor, freddy,) and one ranged killer (huntress.) 

Most killers are based around societal roles and jobs. Mostly rural and some urban/suburban. 

Based on all of this and the African hint, and the hint that this will be the killer from the longest time in the past by a long shot, would guess the new killer will be something involving rural Africa, likely tribal. Possibly as far back as stone age, but more likely between 2000bc-0ad. Possibly a shapeshifter or witch-doctor type of character? Likely will use some type of map hazards.

What are your thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Let's talk about it.

Comments

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64

@TheHourMan said:
    The majority of recent killers have been female (legion is both.)

That depends on a very narrow definition of "recent". Legion is, as you say, both male and female. Before Legion, counting backwards, are Spirit, Clown, Pig, Freddy, Leatherface, and so on. You could say the majority the most recent two or four killers are female, but no other number going back to the game's release.

Interestingly, the majority of all killers and survivors are male by a significant margin. However, if we discount licensed characters, the majority of BHVR's OC killers and survivors are male by a narrow margin - one, in both cases. If BHVR has any interest in maintaining an even gender split, then making both the new killer and survivor female would balance them both out. I have no idea if they have such an interest, but I think it's worth keeping in mind.

• TheHourMan
    @Snikers Interesting points. I had the last 4 in mind btw. 

If I remember correctly, they have stated that they don't really care a out maintaining an equal split. They just go with whatever seems like the scariest/coolest design that fits with the aesthetic of the game.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    I think if they said no to something in past it will be coming next as killer.
    The only no i know of still is chucky.
  • RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93

all I have to say is if it isn't a Licensed killer then I might be done with DBD as the reason DBD is so big and has kept their followers is because of the licensed killers. the majority of the time when there is a thread asking who everyone thinks the next killer is they say licensed killers which means as a community we want licensed killers. If they put out 4 non-licensed killers in a row then I feel this is a huge cop out on behalf of the DEVs. 3-1 licensed would be a great ratio each year. And if they are using the excuse as it cost to much then that is bull. as you charge people for the benefit of using the licensed killer. Just lame in my book!

• TheHourMan
    edited February 2019

all I have to say is if it isn't a Licensed killer then I might be done with DBD as the reason DBD is so big and has kept their followers is because of the licensed killers. the majority of the time when there is a thread asking who everyone thinks the next killer is they say licensed killers which means as a community we want licensed killers. If they put out 4 non-licensed killers in a row then I feel this is a huge cop out on behalf of the DEVs. 3-1 licensed would be a great ratio each year. And if they are using the excuse as it cost to much then that is bull. as you charge people for the benefit of using the licensed killer. Just lame in my book!

I disagree. The licensed killers are generally seen as the least favorite for a huge chunk of the community. And the reasoj DbD kept its following is because it's a good game. You could have every licensed killer in movie history and nobody would want your game if it sucked. I have heard soooo many people echo the sentiment of "I hope there is never another licensed killer because the original ones have such better designs."

That's not necessarily my opinion. I am open to a new licensed killer if they fit the themes of the game. I would love to see Candyman. But having something like Ghostface would just be incredibly stupid.
  • RabidWabbitz

@TheHourMan said:
    RabidWabbitz said:

I disagree. The licensed killers are generally seen as the least favorite for a huge chunk of the community. And the reasoj DbD kept its following is because it's a good game. You could have every licensed killer in movie history and nobody would want your game if it sucked. I have heard soooo many people echo the sentiment of "I hope there is never another licensed killer because the original ones have such better designs."

That's not necessarily my opinion. I am open to a new licensed killer if they fit the themes of the game. I would love to see Candyman. But having something like Ghostface would just be incredibly stupid.

Agree to disagree I guess. but I know that it isn't correct. If there was not famous slashers in this game then the game wouldn't have reached the gamer base as much as it has. you can't tell me that once they announced that Freddy was coming to the game that that didn't automatically get a huge fan base to buy the game (no matter the fact that he sucks or doesn't suck in the game) It was the deciding factor for me when I saw he was in the game. I am excited as hell for the rework! but I digress, without the Famous Slashers DBD would not be where it is today and that is fact!

• TheHourMan
    edited February 2019

@TheHourMan said:
    RabidWabbitz said:

Agree to disagree I guess. but I know that it isn't correct. If there was not famous slashers in this game then the game wouldn't have reached the gamer base as much as it has. you can't tell me that once they announced that Freddy was coming to the game that that didn't automatically get a huge fan base to buy the game (no matter the fact that he sucks or doesn't suck in the game) It was the deciding factor for me when I saw he was in the game. I am excited as hell for the rework! but I digress, without the Famous Slashers DBD would not be where it is today and that is fact!

I agree that it boosted the popularity massively, but I disagree that that is what kept people playing. Freddy and leatherface are considered some of the worst and least used killers, yet people still play the game a lot. I think it drew in a mainstream audience but that it isn't what kept that audience here. Also yes. Freddy's rework is something I am sooo excited for. 

In my opinion, the Spirit is the best designed killer in the game. With Huntress being a close second. 
  • RabidWabbitz
    edited February 2019

@TheHourMan said:
    RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

RabidWabbitz said:

I agree that it boosted the popularity massively, but I disagree that that is what kept people playing. Freddy and leatherface are considered some of the worst and least used killers, yet people still play the game a lot. I think it drew in a mainstream audience but that it isn't what kept that audience here. Also yes. Freddy's rework is something I am sooo excited for. 

In my opinion, the Spirit is the best designed killer in the game. With Huntress being a close second. 

I guess I can agree with that but I still think that the licensed killers are the whole reason why DBD is where it is! yes they might stay because of others and of course the game is great but without that first peaked interest of licensed killers I don't think it would be any where close to what it is now. I just hate the fact that Pinhead is not in this game. it frustrates me to no end, and it is a failing franchise that really can't have much demand for a license request. If they put Pinhead in I feel that I would be happy with anything that came after it. but as far as design I think the Huntress slightly beats out the Spirit due to her popularity, but as far as mechanics I would agree the Sprit was a well thought out character.

• TheHourMan

@TheHourMan said:
    RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

RabidWabbitz said:

I guess I can agree with that! I just hate the fact that Pinhead is not in this game. it frustrates me to no end, and it is a failing franchise that really can't have much demand for a license request. If they put Pinhead in I feel that I would be happy with anything that came after it. but as far as design I think the Huntress slightly beats out the Spirit due to her popularity.

While I adore Pinhead and the original 2 Hellraiser movies, I don't think Pinhead would be able to be fit into the lore as a slave of the Entity. Also Pinhead is not malicious. His goal is to induce the ultimate pleasure through sensory and emotional overload and he is already a priest of the Laviathon.
  • RabidWabbitz
    edited February 2019

@TheHourMan said:
    RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

RabidWabbitz said:

I guess I can agree with that! I just hate the fact that Pinhead is not in this game. it frustrates me to no end, and it is a failing franchise that really can't have much demand for a license request. If they put Pinhead in I feel that I would be happy with anything that came after it. but as far as design I think the Huntress slightly beats out the Spirit due to her popularity.

While I adore Pinhead and the original 2 Hellraiser movies, I don't think Pinhead would be able to be fit into the lore as a slave of the Entity. Also Pinhead is not malicious. His goal is to induce the ultimate pleasure through sensory and emotional overload and he is already a priest of the Laviathon.
    But all of the characters have been brought in and their stories obviously changed to fit ever so slightly to fit the theme and the same could happen with Pinhead. 
  • TheHourMan
    @RabidWabbitz I definitely can't argue with that lol
  • RabidWabbitz

@TheHourMan said:

I would also venture to say that the Entity probably doesn't always keep them stuck in his universe so who is to say that the entity doesn't just borrow them for a while to kill for it. so needless to say "FREE THE PINHEAD" and bring him to DBD Devs!

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@RabidWabbitz The thing with licensed killers is that they have to make sense to fit into the lore. As for this post:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

I would also venture to say that the Entity probably doesn't always keep them stuck in his universe so who is to say that the entity doesn't just borrow them for a while to kill for it. so needless to say "FREE THE PINHEAD" and bring him to DBD Devs!

The killers are trapped in the Entity's realm. Myers, Laurie, Freddy, Quinten, Bubba. All trapped in the realm. Pinhead would not be able to escape.

@RabidWabbitz said:
    But all of the characters have been brought in and their stories obviously changed to fit ever so slightly to fit the theme and the same could happen with Pinhead. 

Their stories weren't changed. Bill was left behind before he woke up on a generator. Amanda and Tapp were sent towards the Fog once they were killed in their canon movies, Freddy and Quentin were going through their movie ending. Poor Nancy is wondering where Freddy and Quentin are.

When a character is taken, it's around the same time as their canon movies. How they arrive is different, but they're still taken nonetheless.

• RabidWabbitz
    Shad03 said:

@RabidWabbitz The thing with licensed killers is that they have to make sense to fit into the lore. As for this post:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

The killers are trapped in the Entity's realm. Myers, Laurie, Freddy, Quinten, Bubba. All trapped in the realm. Pinhead would not be able to escape.

@RabidWabbitz said:

Their stories weren't changed. Bill was left behind before he woke up on a generator. Amanda and Tapp were sent towards the Fog once they were killed in their canon movies, Freddy and Quentin were going through their movie ending. Poor Nancy is wondering where Freddy and Quentin are.

When a character is taken, it's around the same time as their canon movies. How they arrive is different, but they're still taken nonetheless.

So you know for a fact that they are stuck in the realm with no ifs ands or butts huh? Also I meant their stories where adjusted to fit of how they went and are in the entity’s realm.
  • TheHourMan
    Shad03 said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

So you know for a fact that they are stuck in the realm with no ifs ands or butts huh? Also I meant their stories where adjusted to fit of how they went and are in the entity’s realm.
    Once a killer is no longer of any use to the entity, they are cast into the void, which is a deeper plane of the entity's realm. There is no escape for anyone. 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@RabidWabbitz said:
    Shad03 said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@TheHourMan said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

Yes I know this for a fact. By your logic, Amanda, Bubba, and whomever else could return to their respective universes when they are not in use in the Entity's realm.

In a way I'll have to agree with you. However there is still the matter of Amanda dying in her Movie as well as that fact being mentioned in her Bio. I haven't read Myer's bio in a while so that might prove me wrong.

So to reiterate, there is no chance for any of the licensed to return back to their canon realities without the devs creating a ending where everyone is eventually returned. Until then, they are stuck.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I've heard that the country placeholders are just placeholders and no indication of where the Killer is from.

I love how everyone goes WAY BACK when they hear ''oldest'' oldest is relevant, it could oldest they've had which is before WW1 so ANYTHING before WW1, could be Jack The Ripper, could be a colonist with a magical map, could be a mountaineer in Nepal, A French Soldier who tried to invade Russia, A blacksmith during the Dark Ages, a jeweler in China, anything before WW1, hell a silent film director.

My point is it probably won't be anything ancient, though I could be wrong because when someone suggested that the new Killer might be able to jump over pallets I laughed it off and then the next few days we got Legion.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I have no issue with another female killer, but can we please get one that isn't at a reduced speed.
    Can we get just 1 female with a 115 movement speed.
  • TheHourMan

I've heard that the country placeholders are just placeholders and no indication of where the Killer is from.

I love how everyone goes WAY BACK when they hear ''oldest'' oldest is relevant, it could oldest they've had which is before WW1 so ANYTHING before WW1, could be Jack The Ripper, could be a colonist with a magical map, could be a mountaineer in Nepal, A French Soldier who tried to invade Russia, A blacksmith during the Dark Ages, a jeweler in China, anything before WW1, hell a silent film director.

My point is it probably won't be anything ancient, though I could be wrong because when someone suggested that the new Killer might be able to jump over pallets I laughed it off and then the next few days we got Legion.

They said oldest by a long shot. So it has to be quite far before WW1. But since chronological distance is relative, how far exactly is a long shot?
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Well thought out. Let's see what happens.
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    I have no issue with another female killer, but can we please get one that isn't at a reduced speed.
    Can we get just 1 female with a 115 movement speed.
    Amanda (pig).
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    @RabidWabbitz In part I'd say people jump to licensed killers because it's easier then describing an original killer idea. Personally I'm not bothered if the next killer is an original design or licensed. Also it's entirely possible they are trying to bring in more licensed killers but are having problems securing the rights.
  • HatCreature

Yowza I didn't get the notification you replied. I just think cavemen is too old because it's boring and I don't think would look good in this game. Some half naked dude/woman with a club and an oversized forehead screaming and jumping like an ape, nah.

I think we need another brutal strength Killer, we have lots of speed based and stealth Killers but few true raw power Killers. It's not my style of gameplay at all but I think we need more. We got Hillbilly, Myers, Clown, and Leatherface when it comes to raw strength. I wanted to include Trapper or Wraith but Trapper is a strategist and Wraith is stealth.

• TheHourMan

Yowza I didn't get the notification you replied. I just think cavemen is too old because it's boring and I don't think would look good in this game. Some half naked dude/woman with a club and an oversized forehead screaming and jumping like an ape, nah.

I think we need another brutal strength Killer, we have lots of speed based and stealth Killers but few true raw power Killers. It's not my style of gameplay at all but I think we need more. We got Hillbilly, Myers, Clown, and Leatherface when it comes to raw strength. I wanted to include Trapper or Wraith but Trapper is a strategist and Wraith is stealth.

Well, I wasn't picturing it as an ape-man. My mind was going more toward something like this:

• TheHourMan
    Or this

• HatCreature

@TheHourMan said:
    Or this

### yeah this one would be awesome, if this is what you had in mind hell yeah.
  • TheHourMan
    @DudeDelicious Honestly if it was done right that would be cool. It wouldn't be impossible to fit it with the aesthetic and lore of the game. Since magic and curses are established to exist with the Hag.
  • HatCreature

So after seeing the teaser image what do you think it is now? I'm thinking a mad monk

• TheHourMan

So after seeing the teaser image what do you think it is now? I'm thinking a mad monk

Well...
  • TheHourMan

Based on this:
  • TheHourMan

I think we are looking at possibly the best killer so far
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    The Beast is what think killer will be called. Thought you were wrong cause community doesn't often figuire it out but from the teaser just now haven't conceed on third answer. Have to make a post now on teaser image cause just found out it is antichrist.
  • SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    I do not think we Will have a licensed killer this DLC. With dedicated servers comming out this summer and the same time for the next DLC, it would be a good marketing point to release a licensed killer then.

I predict a very big licensed killer in the summer, combined with dedicated servers, it Will have a tremendous increase in the playerbase.

I think pinhead could be it. Or Chucky, new chucky movie comming out this summer. I would bet Some money on it
  • Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    edited March 2019

If Chucky does get into the game it better be the original Charles Lee Ray voodoo version and not the killer robot one in the upcoming reboot.

Though my monies on the summer killer being either Pinhead, Ghostface, or Pennywise.

• TheHourMan

Well I was correct on a few things. I was right about it being tribal and 2000-0bc. Rather than African, it was South American. Rather than male, it was female. I was on the right track saying witch-doctor. It is a priestess. And right about the undead thing (sort of,) since her body is heavily decomposed due to her disease. I was also correct that the killer would use objects around the map in conjunction with their power.