Why are offerings just shown for a couple of seconds?

Options
Akumakaji
Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
edited February 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hones question is in the titel and it has puzzled me since the very start of my DBD career. Why are offerings just shown for this very short amount of time at the start of the trial and then replaced by the loading progress bar? I am a veteran player now and I still can't be bothered to know at a glance which kind of blueprints are played etc. so I have to hover with the mouse over the offerings and barely have time to take it all in, before they are swept away in a rain of ash.

Why not have them be part of the loading screen, so that you can mentally prepare for the next trial? It really baffels me. After loading up, my goldfish brain might already have forgotten what offerings were played, so I would at least want some explaination :)

I am aware that most cases of "myserious connectivity problems" happen during loadup when map offerings are burned, but that would just very slightly increase if you showed the offerings the whole loadup time, but player frustration would decrease by a lot, so it would be a big win in my book.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

The offerings are also displayed mid-match in the escape screen (as in, the key ESC.) No idea what the equivalent of that would be on consoles, though.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I agree with you and have the same frustration with hatch/basement offerings. Now I assume the original idea was “offerings are burnt and therefore lost when used, so let’s watch them turn to ashes.” It’s thematically nice and they probably don’t want to leave them up the entire time because of this.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to at least give us another 5 seconds or so to view them. Either that or make them all visible from the start and just make each one wiggle instead of flip.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Combine the offering screen and the loading screen together.

No strange punish-less disconnections, more time able to look at the offerings.