DBD Funko Pops Cancellation

BassGuitarRox
BassGuitarRox Member Posts: 57
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

So it’s official - they’re not happening:

To say I’m gutted is an understatement - can only imagine that the deal has fell through. Disappointing to be baited on 2 separate occasions during the anniversary livestreams - from the initial reveal on the 5th, to the further details and mock-ups on the 6th.

Kinda rubbish to know they’ll never get looked at again. Worse knowing what we could’ve had - would rather them not mentioned / revealed until it was a done deal and they were in production / ready for pre-orders.

Anyone else just as disappointed? Proper ruined my day to find out, not going to lie.

Comments

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I don’t care at all but my friend is a strong collector and I wanted to get him a DbD one. Bummer. Well on the flip side I get to mockingly break the news for him lol.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277

it’s a disappointment definitely, but we can hardly blame BHVR. Most likely, it was something in funko that cancelled the deal when it was on a smooth track.

while we may never know why they were cancelled, let’s not give BHVR the Sharp end of the stick.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I wouldn't say I'm gutted but I likely would have bought at least one or two of them for fun. I had a big collection (well relatively big) but haven't bought anything like that in a long time. DBD might have been the only property I'd get one for.

That was my desk at work (once Covid hit, I put them all away with the deep cleaning stuff and just never put them back out) but most of my "collection" is there.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

I own exactly 0 Funko pops. DBD Funko pops would have been my first and only Funko pops.

I would want one of my favorite survivors in my favorite skins

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156

I see Ash in your collection!!! 👍️

I wonder why the deal fell through. It seems like Funko Pop has licenses for everything these days.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 630

And nothing of value was lost

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,221

I would sooner take literally any other miniature before I even looked at a Funko Pop. I've never understood the appeal. They look terrible.

I'm doubly disappointed though, because as I began to read the sentence a glimmer of hope sparked inside me that they had decided to delay the next chapter.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

They should give everyone bonus BP, Iri Shards, and Rift Fragments to make up for this news.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,004

I'm not exactly a fan of them, but I was planning on picking up the Claudette one. I'm sad it's not happening, but can't say I'm surprised, it was taking way too long for any news to come out.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I was only going to get Dweet's anyway. Myers doesn't need it as the Halloween franchise already has their own Funko pops.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,407

I dont care at all. But i must say i prefer it if they tease something like that instead of revealing when its done. I like it when they are more transparent. Now we atleast know they tried this collab and we can maybe expect similar things in the future.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I don’t own any Funko pops, but I definitely would have got one for Blight and Nea, maybe Oni as well.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,576

Wonder what they’re referring to with “more exciting collaborations”

Makeship?

Plushies?

Crow Pride Plushie??

the things I’d do…

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited February 2023

that's unfortunate, I was really hoping for them

HOPE THEY FINALLY RELEASE THE OTHER FIGURES THO, STILL WAITING ON HILLBILLY AND WRAITH

edit: my order was cancelled... they were released