Am I the only killer queueing in my region??

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Where is SBMM?

Why do I keep getting outmatched, match after match, after match against bully SWF's and 1 survivor running me for 5 gens (no cap)??

I get it, SBMM can't always find someone at my rating quickly. In that case, match me with whoever, but give me a chance! I should be compensated!

Give survivors and killers extra perks slots. Lock them so the extra perks cannot be used in the match, unless the opponent's rating is way above theirs; the bigger the gap in rating, the more perk slots that are unlocked for the underdog.

Comments

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Do you have crossplay disabled maybe?

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

A bully SWF's purpose is to bully, not to progress the game, so that 5 gen chase definetly wasn't a bully squad. There are some toxic SWF of course, but they're not bullies, they're going to do gens and progress the game.

It sounds like you did indeed get put with survivors that were too good, but in my opinion if that happens all the time it's not the matchmaking, there's no way you're getting put against competent survivors 24/7 if you're just starting out as killer. Maybe watch killer gameplay or ask someone to coach you.

If you're absolutely convinced it's not you, then maybe try playing at a different hour of the day if you can.

• Nos37
    edited February 2023

Nope. In fact, I turned off Crossplay (Xbox One) and spent an hour in survivor queue, and then I spent an hour in killer queue. No matches, at all, so I turned it back on.

• Nos37

I did not mean they were the same match. I meant I had some matches against bully squads. Some against very efficient gen completions. And one with an uncatchable survivor (wish there were a perk that insta-downed survivors who take a protection hit for someone who's NEVER BEEN HOOKED)

• Nos37
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,863

Why didn’t you just like… drop chase? Why would you pursue the same elusive player for 5 gens? Lol. You’re being matched with survivors who are good because you probably burnt out the babies/bad survivors you’ve faced. Now you’re stuck with what’s left. But because the skill floor is so low for killers at the start vs. survivors, you can raise your MMR super fast as a killer. But see when you make it to high MMR as killer you’re facing survivors who had to earn that place (they can’t just tunnel/camp/4-gen perk slowdown their way to high MMR). So then you kind of have to realize that the cheap tricks that work when you’re facing clueless, casual, and generally unskilled survivors don’t work against survivors who have learned the game. You could Smurf your MMR but that means you’ve basically gotta keep letting survivors escape. And then you’ll eventually pair down to survivors who are on your level.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,446

Was the 5 gen chase game you're referring to the one where you were Nemesis on RPD? I recognize your username. You went up against a (solo) streamer I watch who is actually really really good at looping. Their looping skills are actually the reason I watch them in the first place.

I know it probably doesn't help, but just from someone who actually watched you play I don't think you did badly at all, you simply overcommitted. The game I'm referring to had Steve (who you downed pretty quickly) with Deliverance at the end.

• Nos37
    edited March 2023

"Why didn’t you just like… drop chase? Why would you pursue the same elusive player for 5 gens?"

What if I had Grim Embrace and needed to hook everyone eventually anyway??

This is why perks / game mechanics that reward the killer for spreading hooks equally will not fix tunneling. Not all chases are equally long.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Mind to share the streamer's name ? I'm trash at looping and I'd love to study how they're doing ! =)

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Stop.

Pretending.

SBMM.

Exists.

Thank you.

• Kius
    Kius Member Posts: 140

The system sometimes works like this:

fast queues over fair games.. it is what it is. I would blame the SBMM tho since they put that the system only cares about fast queues when there's not enough players with enough mmr for fair games.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

This game doesn't have enough players for accurate SBMM.

Otherwise, you would be in queue for 30+ minutes. After about a 2 mins, the system just matches any players together.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,596

I'm very sorry to say this but the only thing you can do is to endure. Your MMR will tank and eventually you will have better matches again. This happens to me sometimes too. Usually it takes me a few days of losing pretty much every match before my matches are back to normal again. One thing you can do to make it sting a bit less is to unequip all forms of slowdown and instead focus purely on the chase. Sometimes you can learn a few things from opponents that outclass you so heavily.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

Won't happen. People need the ego boost of say "IM IN HIGH MMR" and also the excuse for why they lose "IT WAS BECAUSE THESE HIGH MMR TEAMS ARE UNBEATABLE!"

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

This is not a thing. I have never seen a Killer brag about being high MMR and that their games were too tough.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893
    edited February 2023

Wut. It absolutely is a thing.

At the very least, many killers who win a lot will use the myth of "TOP LEVEL" MMR to explain when they don't. "This is just how it is at this level" or "people who don't play at TOP LEVEL just don't understand" type of stuff.

Tru3talent is probably the king of this phenomenon, and he's not remotely alone. Even in the general community you hear people excuse their losses by saying top MMR is soooo unforgiving, or something like that.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

You have over 1,000 posts. How is it possible you've involved in these forums that much and can still claim that's not a thing?

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

It’s a straw man for something nuanced. If you are referring to Killers who think they may be high MMR and don’t want to be there because they are miserable, I don’t think that counts. Perhaps you are interpreting it as bragging.

• Nos37

Yes, that match. Bad enough it was so hard to keep up with them, but the other survivors jumped in to boyblock for them, as if the survivor I was chasing was on death-hook and their lives depended on it.

• Nos37
    edited March 2023

I know this, which is why in my original post I said "I get it, SBMM can't always find someone at my rating quickly. In that case, match me with whoever, but give me a chance!"

Take wrestling for example. If someone does not have an opponent in their weight class, aren't they matched against someone else, and doesn't the less advantaged wrestler get some head start or handicap by starting the match in a more favorable position?

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited March 2023

It feels like that because if you have a coordinated team to com with the game is not hard.

People that play killer a lot get to have a set of visual things that tell them a SWF is sitting in the lobby, if they aren't in the mood, they ditch the lobby.

The match making system seems to put whoever is next in line against that team, regardless of MMR. The smart move would be to stick the SWF on a 45 minute wait for a killer that had the skill AND the desire to play with them. Don't force things, let people play who and how they want.

I don't want additional compensation for facing harder challenges, I want them marked as such so I can do it if I want.

And pass if I don't.

Seems simple, but for some reason, the developers have said a hard no.

• nfochairman
    nfochairman Member Posts: 50

Survivor is baby mode compared to killer. If you're not camped or tunneled i don't even know how you could be killed. You can literally play survivor and watch youtube at the same time it's so easy. Try that as a killer and you'd be destroyed

• Audis
    Audis Member Posts: 18

Have you considered that you have room to improve? Or can lookup a strong build?

When I was struggling, I switched killers or watched a guide instead of complaining about the matchmaking.

You MMR must have simply increased after getting many 4Ks. It will stabilize if you give it time.

• Nos37

SBMM should adjust to my skill. I shouldn't have to adjust my skill to my SBMM rating.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Sbmm will gradually expand based on queue times. Survivor queues were probably long so these high MMR survivors were probably put into your lobby as the skill range expanded

It’s not fun but we can’t have 10+ minute queues like before as that will kill the game

• Nos37
    edited March 2023

I know this, which is why in my original post I said "I get it, SBMM can't always find someone at my rating quickly. In that case, match me with whoever, but give me a chance!"

With extra perks as a handicap for the disadvantaged team, the matchmaking stays quick, and the match is more balanced. Heck, let the devs choose which extra perks either role gets, so that obnoxious builds are not possible and the devs can fairly balance it. Then have these perks unlock 1 by 1 the bigger the skill gap is between the two teams.

(If they give up to 3 extra perks, then they only need to choose 6 perks to fill them with. 3 perks, plus 3 more just in case that player already has all 3 of the first perks equipped.)