Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Xbox Series S - Initialization Error/Error 8001

PabloMayMay
PabloMayMay Member Posts: 2
edited March 2023 in Bug Reporting

Hello there!

Basically, every time the game closes while something is loading, the shop, a purchase, a lobby, a match, the after match screen or anything really, the next time I try to open the game I get this error so I can't play. Sometimes this doesn't have a trigger, just happens. It's not a server issue, it's not my internet, everything works fine.

I tried restarting, power cycling the console, uninstalling and re-installing but nothing works. The only way to get rid of it is to make a factory reset on the console, which is weird because I don't delete the games on the console, I choose the option to keep my games and data. This is really tiresome to do as you can imagine, and lately it's happening more often, every week or so. Google couldn't provide a solution either.

This post in reddit is where I found the factory reset "solution" but as you can see, other people also keep having the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/zg46xh/_/

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments