BHVR STOP MAKING BATTLEPASS SKINS STORE SKINS

Options
CharBurger
CharBurger Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Or I will stop buying the battle pass

seriously 2 sets of skins from previous battle passes are now store bought skins. I get the bp because I want the cosmetic rewards you cant buy off the store im teir 71 right now in the current battle pass but im wondering why even bother doing these stupid challenges if the skins I worked hard to get will just end up on the store at a future date

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

When they first announced the rift they said they'd release the cosmetics after 6 months. They should keep to their word and continue putting the cosmetics in the shop, especially the ones for characters that have a limited cosmetic collection so there are more options for new players to choose from and it isn't just Feng, Meg, and Dwight every game.

• CharBurger
    edited March 2023
    Options

its not the price of the skins, its not the price of the battle pass or how much cells you can earn in it. It's that putting battle pass skins on the store invalidates any effort put in to earn them. There is no incentive to get the battle pass (for skins I dont even use btw) if I know that the rewards will just at some point go onto the shop.

exclusives are the reason to buy the battle pass in the first place

Post edited by Jocelynbee on
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,283
    Options

Brother these aren't the only 2 Rift skins that were added into the shop. There are probably around 20 or maybe even 30 of them that have reached the shop at this point.

They also stated from the very beginning (in 2019 when they introduced the Rift) that Rift outfits will only remain exclusive for a period of 6 months, afterwards they can appear in the shop. The only exception to this rule seems to be singular piece cosmetics, charms, and the newly introduced Deep Rift cosmetics.

• CharBurger
    Options
  • DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Ohh no let me keep my pixels to myself

this is either the best bait I've taken, or the worst postever

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Not sure which sense it would make not to buy the battle pass anymore. You get all auric cells back when you are almost done with the pass. I don't know when i bought auric cells last time.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,625
    Options

its not the price of the skins, its not the price of the battle pass or how much cells you can earn in it. It's that putting battle pass skins on the store invalidates any effort put in to earn them.

Again I've paid 1000 cells for over 2 years worth of Very Rare skins. Tome 11 alone had 7 Very Rare skins, which would have set me back 7,560 Auric Cells, just for putting in time to play through the Rift.

It is entirely about the price of the skins, the price of the battle pass, and how many cells you earn. If I'm playing the game anyway, which I am, then I don't care about the skins being exclusive. All I care about is that it's saved me easily over £500 in cosmetics. Everyone else can get them through paying the full price.

You can make a fuss, try and protest, and start pissing away all your money all you like. I'll keep enjoying my essentially free cosmetics.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,722
    Options

BHVR has always been very upfront about this. As has already been said, before the first Rift was even released in 2019, they specifically stated skins can show up in the store after 6 months. There has never been any miscommunication or underhandedness about this on BHVR's part. There are many skins that are previous Rift outfits in the store; these are not the first two in the least.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,115
    Options

You know what you're getting when purchasing the Rift.

Also if you unlock 70 levels you get them all for free anyways.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Yea but any game that has a BP has some kind of exclusive skin....let's look at R6 Seige.... every BP has a exclusive skin you can't get normally and is gone after the pass is gone...now good thing is THIER BP lasts for like 3 months or so

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,397
    Options

We're against FoMO on these forums, you know.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

You say this like Behavior never said from the get-go that this was exactly what was going to happen with the Rift skins.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

What does that have to do with any of the points that he just made?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,802
    Options

This has always been a thing. There's nothing in the BP that says you are getting one-off cosmetics.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

They stated before the first Rift that they would do this. Also, you do them so you can get them all for FREE. You pay 1000 Auric Cells for the Rift, then you get that back. Plus all the outfits. A year plus later when they come to the store, they are 1000 Auric cells EACH. I have friends who bought 1000 Auric Cells and never spend them except on the Rift, because... again, you all 1000 back if you finish the RIft.

So sure, stop buying the Rift and just buy the skins. BHVR will thank you because you will be giving them more money.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Bro really said I worked real hard playing a video game and completing a rift you can finish just by playing the game on a remotely consistent basis.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Pfft, you actually play this game and earn skins? How sad for you, see, I just buy every new chapter and any skins that caught my interest in the last 3 months, play for a few days before playing something better.

So I win?

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 398
    Options

you were definitely that kid in school that threw a tantrum when the teacher made you share the toys.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    edited March 2023
    Options

How the heck is it a bad thing to not have exclusive skins?

Exclusive skins are a damned stain on certain games, and I'm at least happy that DBD isn't doing that by having measures to re-release the content they made.

Making skins exclusive is a waste of time for developers AND for you, a waste of talent because it's going to be unavailable, and psychologically affects you by making you want those skins because of the fear of missing out, or "FOMO". FOMO is a cheap psychological trick that causes more playtime and money revenue.

If you don't want to buy the battlepass, don't buy the damn battlepass, there's nothing stopping you from not buying it, and nobody will judge if you did buy it. Besides, there's still a 6 month time period before we finally get those skins, so it's still a better idea to get the battlepass if you want those skins.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

you get multiple skins for killer and survivor, some of which ARE exclusive, along with exclusive charms, you get your auric cells back completely, and deep rift stuff which may or may not be exclusive

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

You do understand that everyone who buys the battle pass has those skins as well, right?? It's not really exclusive.

There is nothing in this game that is exclusive to just one person. And also WHO CARES? It's a marketing tactic and you've fallen for it so hard :)

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

Please, keep encouraging awful business practices.