Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The new chapter is coming

Be honest and do not have a hive mindset. If you honestly feel one way or another that is okay.

What do you like or hate about the new killer?

What do you like or hate about the twin survivors?

Is the reworked maps still too big or is the visuals enough for you?

Are you buying the chapter from the game store, with auric cells, shards or not buying it?

Will you buy the new outfits that are going to come with the update?

What are the builds you are going to run if you have the new perks?

What are your thoughts on anything and everything that is coming with the update tomorrow?

Go ahead and answer anything you want. I just want the honest truth.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Killer is cool and she was fun to play on PTB, so ill buy her.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Don't enjoy the power, really.

Don't enjoy the visual design of any of the characters, doesn't resonate with me nor does it interest me from any kind of 'cool' factor.

I think all of the perks are uninspired and uninteresting apart from maybe Blood rush.

The new maps look pretty cool, good change.

Shards only or not at all is the plan for me.

Changes to Eruption/AMN pretty nice, as are improved bots in customs

That's just my honest take on the whole situation

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

If I want to play the worst killer in the game, I could just do it for free by playing Trapper. No reason to spend money here.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Pulsar

Ah God I feel that.

I've had my ######### in the wringer since like, 2017 when I got hospitalized after a sports injury.

That's why it makes me happy to hear that you're doing better :)

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

With Shards = yes, I will get them

With Auracells = hell no.

Perks are 8 out of 9 more or less useless

Killer-Design is pretty bad

Killer-Power is boring

Just another M1-Killer....

Best part probably are the map-visuals and the fact that the next midchapter is closer than 3 weeks ago 🤣

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496

New killer is worse knight, I've said this a lot of times so I'll spare you guys the pain and shorten it, bad design, bad power, stupid lore, and boring to play. I don't play survivor and even if I did I wouldn't buy the new survivors, they're incredibly bland. The new map looks okay though I guess.

Hopefully the anniversary chapter will be good.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

I like the survivors. Their perks seem interesting though probably not all that strong apart from Blood Rush, which I hope will be changed soon.

The killer is a huge disappointment in my opinion. I disliked Trickster back when he got introduced but Skull Merchant is the first killer I find uninteresting in every way. Her power is boring and has no strategy or skill to it. It incentivises 3 genning and it's incredibly weak. Whatever the devs thought she could do, she actually cannot. Her visual design looks awful in my opinion and her animations look unpolished and weird. Her perks are very underwhelming as well. Thwack! might be fun to use once or twice but it's one of these perks that doesn't really have any purpose because there are so many better alternatives. The other 2 are just straight up bad.

I'll probably buy the characters with shards eventually but I'm in no rush. I wouldn't play the killer anyway and I already have a survivor I main. The only reason for me to buy them would be to have all characters again. I definitely will not buy any cosmetics for them though.

The reworked maps seem to be pretty much the same in size and it looked like they actually became stronger. I only played on them a few times so I might be wrong here. Visually they look stunning again. Very atmospheric. I reckon however both will be harder to play for Billy. I saw some bushes that gave me serious flashbacks of GoJ.

As petty as it might sound I actually hope the chapter won't sell too well. Not because I hate BHVR or I want them to lose money but because it's the best way to show them that many people aren't happy with that new killer. At the very least I hope they'll take our feedback into account and release an anniversary chapter that really blows us away.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I’ll buy her and her cosmetic. With money. Her power seems fine to me, I like it, but I also liked Old Freddy, Old Plague, Twins and DeathSlinger so….my taste has always leaned away from the most liked Killers or playstyles.

Dont remember much about the perks, I’ll learn more about them when I get my hands on them, same with builds.

If I enjoy SM as much as I think I might then I’ll probably p100 her. Not sure yet.

Her visuals are dumb though, much prefer some reimagined redesigns shared by the community then whatever this is lol. It’s whatever though, I hated Charlottes design too but you could hide that ugly face with a cosmetic, here is hoping they create something later for SM that actually helps her look scary.

Survivors and map mean nothing to me.

i hope the SM hate continues, I swear to god if another Killer I try to love and Main gets absolutely decimated again then I’m done. You killed Freddy, Ruined Sickness Plague, Ignored Twins and Crippled DS. Just leave me alone BHVR!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Killer:

I like her appearance. She looks cool. I dont like her Power, I think she is really dull to play, so I will probably struggle to bring her to P9.

Survivors:

I hate the fact that there are two of them. Just bloating up the Chapter with a second Skin and another 3 Perks I wont use. Dont find any of the Survivors appealing, will prestige them to P9 and then probably never touch them again.

Perks:

I dont like any of the new Perks. They will not be relevant at all, so they dont interest me.

Eruption-Nerf is godlike.

Maps:

I really like the visual Update. There were no changes in size, but I dont really care about that. As I said, I like the visuals, Red Forest is also one of my favorite Realms, so happy with that.

However, unhappy about more stuff added to the Maps which makes Billy even more annoying to play. I like to play Billy but new and reworked Maps tend to put bushes and other small stuff everywhere which results into more bumping into Objects with Billy (or, with some Maps, making Curving really a pain when there is a little twig which stops the curve..)

Overall:

A very underwhelming Chapter and honestly, if they dont bring it, the majority would probably not care.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I wish the drones chased survivors around like guards but I am willing to try something different.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Time to take a break from survivor for a couple weeks because it’s going to be the new killer in like 90% of my matches

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Nothing in the Killer appeals to me, and on the Survivor side it's just 'how did we get another perk where the best counter if it becomes common is tunnelling off hook'

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003
    edited March 2023

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the killer's design, but I don't hate it. I'm kind of exhausted of all the hoopla about it by this point too. As for the gameplay, it' will be another wait-and-see, like every killer. So many killers completely change after PTB and a few patches. Her perks are quite bad, though.

I like the Survivors aesthetically. The perks are underwhelming except for one, but that's nothing new.

Shelter Woods is much better, although considering its previous version that's not saying as much as it sounds. The main issue is that the building was placed on the side of Shelter Woods that formerly had a decent clusters of structures and jungle gyms. The opposite side of the map is actually even worse than before since some of the pallets that used to be able to spawn close to the tree no longer appear. Running WoO made it clear how dire it is, seeing three or four pallets in an area that has three generators... oof.

My opinion on the Red Forest changes are the same as almost every map redesign: Eh.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I don’t care for another mindless “drop a drone / guard” once a survivor goes to a tile and force them to hold W to the next. No skill curve, floor, or ceiling whatsoever. I’m sure lower tier players will enjoy her. Won’t be for me. I’ll stick to my m2 chasers.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I kinda like the killers design, having her have her fathers manga character inspiration and all. I also love the survivor designs. Though I do think it gets a little boring that we are getting more and more model-like, super hot and attractive characters (in this case one at least even is a model?). I also do think that the models/textures/animations felt kinda off. Like, goofy, too stylistic, more fitting for the Sims or Fortnite. But that feels like something having made its way into this game for some time now progressively getting more?

power is meh. Interesting concept. I love the hacking mechanic being fresh and not just skill checks. Drones should have been like drones and move around? Or something? Perks I will probably never use after the adepts? (I… forgot what they were tbh)

love the map reworks.

will get the chars with shards as usual. Probably get some surv recolors (Thalita will get the golden shirt if I don’t like any of the other tops?) but will wait for shard availability if I want any of the auric cell time exclusive

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I'm not buying at all. I think the killer looks cool but my brain isn't good at multitasking under pressure. The survivor perks just don't appeal to me. Cut Loose looks okay but I prefer the perks we already have to that one, so I won't use it.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2023

Killer is very weak.

Killer is boring for both sides.

Her perks are all really bad.

New survivor perks are mostly bad.

Bloodrush is unhealthy design that punishes killers playing fair.

New map looks pretty but still very unbalanced and not shrunk in size.

Nothing to look forward to in this chapter for me or anything that changes the game.

Buy with shards or not at all would be my thoughts.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I might play Skull Merchant a bit and see if I really like her power after the buffs. PTB Skull Merchant was really bad, so hoping her power is a little better. Her perks are bad though, save for THWACK! which could be useful to other killers.

Love the survivors. They actually have pretty decent backstories and I like them both. Their perks are very underwhelming though, save for Bloodrush and Cut Loose.

Definitely buying this with money since I want the exclusive cosmetics for the survivors and it's easier for me to buy it with real money rather than grinding for shards (Honestly I just wanted the survivors out of this chapter, but since I'm buying with money I'll try Skull Merchant out too)

Definitely buying outfits for both Renato and Thalita, but with shards. I'm not gonna bother with Skull Merchant though.

New maps are cool. I like the new Shelter Woods and Red Forest looks awesome, although it could've been balanced better.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Do we know which exclusive cosmetics they will get? Or are you just assuming you will like them/want them for collection purpose?

(please don’t tell me the PTB alt shirts are usually the DLC exclusive outfits… )

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

They're usually recolors, so I'm just assuming I'd like them. Also I just want them to collect. And I'm guessing that the PTB alt shirts are the exclusive cosmetics, because that's usually how it goes.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

I just want to fast-forward to the anniversary stream tbh.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

No to all.

Not interested in anything.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

You could play the worst killer in the game for free, but not when she comes out. I believe that she'll defeat trapper and take the place for worst killer in DBD!

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I hate her appearance. Her mask looks not so great. Hate her swagger. It would be good at end of match but it’s just bad otherwise. Could’ve given us something menacing. I’m a big anime and manga fan ever since the 80s but I find her story idiotic.

no opinion on the twin survivors.

visuals are nice. No opinion on size

using shards on killer only. no survivor. I collect the killers though I’m primarily a survivor player now

won’t be purchasing any cosmetics because I won’t be playing any of the characters this go around

I doubt I use killers new perks much. I honestly don’t remember what they are because they made little impact on me but maybe something useful will come out of it

i haven’t followed very closely on this update because I just wasn’t impressed really. I’m sure there’s something awesome in there

• KMainEZ
    KMainEZ Member Posts: 129

I would buy if drones had basekit aura reading. Will no doubt buy her eventually but I'm of no urgency rn

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

She is very far from worst why not actually try to learn her instead of judging based off a few days worth of commentary from youtubers who dropped her after day 1?

• TigerSnake

I played her myself in the PTB, so I know for sure that she’s terrible.

• HamsterEnjoyer

I mean if you think she's the worst killer than...a killer with decent gen pressure and a good chase tool doesn't sound very weak. Like just because she has to use an M1 to injure a survivor doesn't mean she's a trash killer with no ability like everyone seems to think. Locking down large areas of the map and having 100% constant reads in those areas is a pretty decent ability. She needs buffs I will agree but she's very far from weakest when we have killers like Pig who have NO chase power besides a crouch which hurts you to use more than it helps.

• Pulsar
    edited March 2023

...gen pressure? You mean putting drones on gens and doing the exact same thing as Knight?

...chase tool? You mean popping a drone at a loop and doing the exact same thing as Knight, except worse because it takes forever to build up Exposed AND because it takes a long time for the drone to activate?

• HamsterEnjoyer

A. She holds areas better than Knight

B. Knight uses his guards to simply make a survivor leave a loop. Survivors can do that against SM but she still has the upper hand over knight given she slows down much less while doing so, can instantly recall her drone if she wishes, and if she keeps them there it locks it down until she actually wishes to unlock the area.

She plays like Hag a little. She locks areas around the map down but she shouldn't be playing to only defend these locked down areas. Plus she deals with DH better than Knight a little since his guards will always give the survivor a guaranteed DH distance.

In a sense, she's how Knight was hyped up to be. A lockdown killer who punishes survivors being places that you decide they shouldn't be.

Again, she is no where near the strongest killer but to call her the weakest is just factually incorrect.

• Pulsar

So she's just an even more annoying Knight?

Like, everything you said she does is what people despise about Knight. Leave loop and get hit vs stay at loop and get hit. Infinite 3-gen area lockdown.

Yeah, she's gonna be really loved.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Map is fine and I have to try her buffs but I'm not hyped anymore so I'll have to see

• TigerSnake

Want gen pressure? Play Hag or Knight. Want to one shot people? Oni, Billy, Bubba, Myers, Ghostface. Be undetectable to sneak attack people? Wraith, GF, Pig. Track people? Doctor, Legion. There’s literally nothing she does that other killers can already do, and she does them so much worse. And I’d definitely rather play Pig over her. At least Pig’s RBTs can slow down the game, and her ambush while weak is something to help in chase. Skull Merchant has nothing to aid her. Even Trapper’s bear traps are more effective in helping him get downs than Merchant’s drones.

• HamsterEnjoyer

Just because a killer shares a trait with another doesn't mean 'just go play that killer'. You want to move around the map? Don't play Nurse, Blight, Wesker, Spirit, Dredge, or Sadako play Billy he has a movement ability. You want to have a chase power that injures survivors? Don't play Huntress, Deathslinger, Demo, Wesker, Billy, Artist, or Blight just play Nurse. See how silly that point sounds? "At least Pig has RBTs" Those don't matter when you have 1 down with 5 gens finished since you had to M1 the entire chase.

You guys hugely underestimate just what information does for you during a match. There are times where you wanna be defending a gen, but she also allows you to know when its safe to leave gens and go for a chase as well as having constant reads on the entire team and knowing what they're up too.

As playing her the biggest things she struggles in for me was certain loops where the drones wouldn't help but at those same loops, most other killers would struggle since they're typically too low for mindgames and too rigid to use chase powers like wesker's dash or demos shred.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

all by shards. killer to p3, survivor to p6.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

The update is tomorrow??? I haven't really been keeping up with the newest chapter. That's how much I dislike it.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    edited March 2023

I’ll buy the chapter and I’m excited for the new content. I probably won’t be maining the skull merchant but I like completing trophies so I’ll definitely play her for a while.

I’m not complaining about the content the devs create in general, I like working with what’s given to me.

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133

I'll keep an open mind but having watched her gameplay, I feel like her drones are kind of meh. They take time to set up and the game is just too fast paced now.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 563

I'll do what I always do, buy the chapter level up the survivors stick them in my current rotation (play all survivors)

Probably won't even touch Skull Merchant until next year. (Haven't played any of the 2022 killers yet & got them all on release)

While I have a few issues with the game none of it is particularly major for me personally so I like to support the game & the devs even if I don't always get what I want.

All these years in they've given me enough fun, enjoyment & play time to deserve that.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163

Meh.

I'll get the characters with shards eventually but I'm in no rush. I hate that there are two survivors to buy and level (seriously, this is the 4th chapter with two survivors).

Red forest maps just get a visual update so they're still going to be bad to play on.

Shelter Woods looks interesting though.

The nerf to eruption is genuinely the best part about this update.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133

So haven’t tried this killer on PTB but after looking at them, someone please help me out… Why does this killer have a stationary drone that only has a range of 20 meters, doesn’t take any immediate affects, doesn’t hinder or otherwise inconvenience the survivor unless they… Stand in it for what, 20 whole seconds…

or decide they want to interact with it for some reason (is there really a reason when the range is 20 M and the exposed effect doesn’t cause exhaustion, falls off immediately if you leave the area, and doesn’t even hide the killers approach since it activates undetectable (not oblivious for some reason even though that makes at least 10% more sense).

and the killer doesn’t even do anything while you’re out having all the fun interacting with her little drones…

have the devs lost their minds?

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2023

I don't like how the new killer look like. Too Fortnitey for me. The 2 survivors MEH.. i'll buy them all with iri shards and only because im perfectionist and want to own all characters. Won't play any of them though. Not the killer or the survivors.

Updated maps look ok but fact remains red forest is one of the most unbalanced maps in this game due to the size and it should be fixed so..whatever.. we get pretty maps which are still pain in the backside for slower killers or M1 killers.

Killer is going to be another knight who is 3 gen killer thats about it. Survivor perks are all kinda not interesting except the blood rush, which is going to make killers tunnel survivors from death hook. I wont be using it, but i see some SWFS giving it ago. I guess that is something DBD needed.

ONLY thing im interested is the new eruption. I love using info perks and now having an info perk with gen defense is making me very happy.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133

This killer is not a comparison to knight, you people do this every chapter “X is another Y!” You don’t even play X. If the new killer is bad, just say that.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2023

She has the power to patrol 3 gens just like knight does. That is why she is similar to me. She doesnt have chase power. At least knight has a little bit more going for him. Also looks cooler, and doesnt have stolen mori from Freddy.