Adepts and Disconnects

Options
ChurchofPig
ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't understand something. Why are survivors rewarded their adepts for the other side disconnected but not killers? It is the most infuriating thing on the planet (exaggerating, but as far as the game itself goes it's one of the more infuriating things in the game) that someone can take away a killers adept just by disconnecting, but a killer can't do the same to the survivors. The devs need to do something about this. Either:

1. Disconnects should count as kills so a survivor can't simply take someone's adept away because they don't like their playstyle which spoiler alert, some killers feel forced into a certain playstyle to get their adepts
  2. Make a new result for if a killer disconnects called like "Draw" or "Canceled" so survivors can't get an adept without playing a match to a point where they physically escaped.

Also bleed outs should count as kills, if you're going to put me in situations where I need to slug for the 4k for my adepts, I shouldn't depend on the survivor staying put and not crawling far away and not being able to find them again and losing my adept that way.

I really hate trying to get this achievement and it's like "Sorry, Cheryl was on the ground for .5 seconds too long and she felt it was justified that she leaves and takes your adept with her, even though you killed the other 3 in the end."

I also want to point out how much the devs hate disconnects yet they're actively rewarding survivors challenges and achievements if killers disconnect while they attempt the challenge/achievement while at the same time they punish killers if a survivor disconnects while doing the same.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 452
    Options

Yeah, was ranting about this earlier as well after a set of games where I'd be doing well as killer trying to get an adept and then people would just DC mid game the moment they got downed.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,908
    Options

It's probably going to happen alot more unfortunately, now that you no longer need 12 hooks. 4 kills means it's easier to just tunnel and/or slug, and most of the DCs I see in my games are often due to those two things.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

I was playing Thalita with adept perks yesterday and the killer d/ced and I didn't get the adept.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Idk either. Devs knew about it before the adept/rating change update but clearly didn't care.