Skull Merchant's First Skin Proves this chapter is a sex grab

Options
calem
calem Member Posts: 533
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

Honestly ######### is her skin. I already had my doubts with her base design that this chapter is gonna be a "sex sells" chapter, and then I open the game and see her first rare skin....

Surely I cannot be the only one so abysmally disappointed with how this game is turning out? There's so little horror anymore.

ยซ13

Comments

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

Game lacks fanservice content so that's a good thing

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Interest is subjective, like Im not into Kpop. but I love throwing Knives at people. not all chapters have to appeal to each of us.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

I just hope they tweak her so she's more fun to play. I don't mind her design, though a dark, creepy cyborg type person, or even monster would be infinitely cooler and probably far better received.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 584
    Options

They intentionally made default skin so hideous, leaving only this 10$ somewhat pleasant to the eye. That's very dirty move you know.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Sure, make her funnier to play. I would very much like to play against her more.

I'd gladly let her grab me a few times, if you know what I'm saying.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Mommy Skull merchant?

Sheโ€™s an awful killer but she doooo got a dumpy though. ๐Ÿ‘€

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

"sex grab"

I think that's something else entirely.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Lol idk a LOT of the playerbase sexualise him. Besides there are plenty of revealing skins for other characters. Swimsuits, bare chests. I don't see why this chapter is any worse than normal.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Chapter has hit 11th on steams bestsellers so whatever it is it seems to have worked.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

######### cares?

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239
    Options

Yea that new shirtless survivor is hot.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 584
    Options

Let's be honest here - this game is no longer scary for anyone. Might make it a bit more of an eye candy this way or the other way.

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239
    Options

It all boils down to 'sex good'

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,090
    Options

Iโ€™m not. I just donโ€™t like how she looks and her power is uninteresting to me. I would have preferred another Resident Evil Chapter with Alcina Dimitrescu as the killer with loads of sexy cosmetics.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    Options

I'm really not mad about it being distracting lmao, it's just so clear that they forced the sexualisation of this chapter because everything else about it is so boring

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

I didn't pay attention to the PTB so I got my first look at the survivors and the killer yesterday. And my reaction was like, "Whoa -- there's more to character design than sculpting someone's butt, you guys." I'm not thrilled that this is what the game seems to be turning into.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

be fr his power involves choking you and pinning you to the wall

• jinx3d
    Options

says the person with the spirit pfp, the killer whos nearly nude for NO reason in her default, and was going to be completely nude but they thought it would be "too distracting"

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133
    Options

Precisely, I don't care. I don't mind her design personally and if it helps her sell well then bhvr will still have enough money to be able to throw more skins at us through rifts and allow us to "buy" original characters with iri shards. Also wasn't vittorio a total thirst trap as I remember it?

• jinx3d
    Options

hell, sex and horror are essentially inseperable-most slasher movies have sex in them for no reason but because it sells

• jinx3d
    Options

that trope is a failed attempt at mimicking laurie strode, whos whole thing was that she WASNT big breasted and ditsy, respectfullyi hope we never get that architype in dbd because it would just piss me off to no end

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

There's the horror seeking players within the community still and there are the horny bunch. This is BHVR's second stab at pleasing the second group.

Hopefully back to horror next ๐Ÿ‘

• PyramidHACK
    PyramidHACK Member Posts: 37
    Options

People woefully missing the point of this issue, which is BHVR seemingly shifting away from the classic horror in Dead by Daylight that we're used to, and turning the game, lore and all, into an Apex Legends spin-off...

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Pic of the rare skin the thread is about?

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

I agree, maybe not the exact details but I definitely want to play as characters evocative of the horror genre. I want every survivor to feel like they could have been plucked out of a horror film I haven't seen. If I dislike a survivor, it's usually because I don't think they fit that mold, like Jonah the genius CIA agent or Vittorio the 700-year-old wizard.

I actually like Thalita and Renato because I feel like they're the first survivors in a long while that match that feeling.