Skull Merchant drones on SAW map .....

Options

just LOL how did this get past testing?

a normal 3 gen is bad enough but when the drone scans both floors it's a massive waste of my time, 0 enjoyment against camping killers.

Comments

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

One of two things needs to happen with the drones.

1. Drones have a fixed Z plane where you place them.
    2. You can disarm a drone even if you have an armband without the drone becoming untouchable.
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

yeah i noticed this "wait if i just put the drone on the opposite verticality can i make them go out of their way to disarm it to do a gen" so i would just keep placing drones on the opposite floor. Was the most annoying thing for the survivors to do. i stopped playing skull merchant right after.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761
    Options

I'd be okay with the Z plane thing as long as boons follow the same rule, since they probably go off the same line of code

• BougieBlackChick
    BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316
    Options

As a survivor main, I think this would be more than fair.

• jordywordy
    jordywordy Member Posts: 99
    Options

I've been saying this. Why in the hell can the drones guard two floors at once. On top of being borderline stupid strong, it also makes 0 sense realistically... Like what?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited March 2023
    Options

3 floors in some cases.

I put a drone in the basement of the main building of Shattered Square and the gen was on the 2nd floor. The survivors had to go down to the basement to disarm it and then up two flights to repair, but I'd be back by then.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

A boon takes 14 (28 if its a hex) seconds to set up if you dont count the time to go to the location. meanwhile the survivor is not on a gen, so the pressure on the killer is reduced. it also give the killer information over the location where survivors go to heal after they lost them in chase.

losing a drone has little to no drawback on Gideon Meat Plant, Midwich or RDP. it even creates passive pressure on the respective survivors.

so why should both be treated the same?

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643
    edited March 2023
    Options

A Drone can scan multiple floors because it’s throwing off a signal. If a signal couldn’t do that then that wouldn’t make any sense. A cooldown wouldn’t stop anything. It would just make her camp that one area where there isn’t a drone until she can drop a new one.

Against SM you have to go full gen rush. Doubling on gens all the time. Which sucks for Solo Q unless you have aura reading to find people. If 4 players are alive with a 3 gen lock SM should still lose. She can’t keep all 4 players off of 3 gens simultaneously. Even with drones that isn’t happening. Not every killer should be an adrenaline junkie where the survivors are in control because they’re kiting the killer. Sometimes the killer is in control, and you have to go to them.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

-"A Drone can scan multiple floors because it’s throwing off a signal. If a signal couldn’t do that then that wouldn’t make any sense."

What signal are we using to scan through a solid floor? In the example above we also have the ability to scan through two floors.

Let's ignore reality (since DBD is a magical realm) and consider fair play.

Is it fun to use Drones so that nobody can realistically touch a generator? -Maybe

Is it fun to play as survivor and not be able to touch gens b/c there are drones? No

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

survivor and killer has to go to the boon, so its a loss for both.

hex totems are covering the whole map, what about these?

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

It's more of a loss for a Killer--a lot of totem spots are in places the Killer has no place going to, or no place going to after the nearby generator has been cleared--but the boon still goes right through the area. Main building on Eyrie is a massive offender: it's a huge detour for a Killer to go up there after one Survivor has, and then you get this big safe area covering the entire main building and possibly another generator if it's positioned well. Or something like Midwich, where you could just spawn near the totem, and then the Killer would have to go out of their way to find it whilst the Survivor, uh, didn't.

Hexes are designed around covering the entire map, they're not even slightly relevant. I mean, seriously? The issue is that boons and drone placements going through floors means they're covering literally double the space they should and it makes it super annoying for the other side to try and deal with it if it keeps coming back. Hexes are affecting the area they're meant to. <_>

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,917
    Options

Is it fun to use Drones so that nobody can realistically touch a generator? -Maybe

Is it fun to play as survivor and not be able to touch gens b/c there are drones? No

what are you talking about. the drones do not apply incapacitated effect. weaker survivor player needs to learn something called yoyoing. You shift-W away from the killer when the killer approaches the generator to kick the generator.

The drones are irrelevant. All they do is apply exposed. Exposed is irrelevant. Just take two furthest generator in 3 gen and shift-W 15-20 meters away. When the killer walks away, just hop on generator. you can entirely ignore drones and just rush generators. If the killer commits to you, just run as far away on generators and when you are on edge of the map, start pre-drop pallets. your team can just hard-commit to gens.

skull merchant is a joke killer even for 3 gens. No clue why so many people have trouble playing vs non-existent killer power.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643
    edited March 2023
    Options

They don’t have a hard time. They just don’t want to play any other way than to loop killers in strong areas and tbag. Adrenaline Junkies!