Lets talk about upcoming mid chapter update

Options

Which meta perks do you think will be nerfed / reworked? (from meta perks).

Source: Nightlight (NightLight tracks a variety of Dead by Daylight statistics. It is community driven databese, based on players end game screenshots, so it's not official stats).

Comments

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm sure dead hard WON'T be changed. As Peanits said in another post, people made a lot more noise than usual recently with Dead Hard, so that tells me that it will not get changed in this mid chapter, but in the next one 😨

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

I hope they leave the meta perks, and buff some of the useless perks that no one runs.

Like: Corrective Action, Premonition, Calm Spirit, No Mither, etc.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

You can’t hold a game hostage until the server shuts down with dead hard.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited March 2023
    Options

Rather hoping for some weaker perks to get some love tbh.

I want to expand the number of good perks, not reduce it

Especially perks like Grim Embrace, just double the vallues. If it ends up OP who cares if it takes a while to dial back again. It promotes healthier gameplay anyway

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

Considering Dead Hard is currently the most complained about perk and Peanits hinted that the perk isn’t going to be changed soon, I’m gonna say no perks are getting nerfed except maybe some regression perks or possibly CoH.

Maybe Blood Rush if they realise it encourages tunneling.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Just buff some weaker perks by a huge amount. People want a new meta but complain about strong new perks at every corner

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531
    Options

Not looking forward to it. Killer’s gonna be in a very bad spot after this hits. Especially when it’s implied that DH ain’t going anywhere.

• BlightedDolphin
    Options

This is what they did with Eruption and Thana and everyone hated it.

You can’t just buff the bottom without nerfing the top, otherwise the new top will have to be stronger than the current to compete.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Some Gen Regression Perks would be nice. Maybe Killer players would actually get better at the game.

Be careful what you wish for. Last time they changed Calm Spirit they thought it was a buff. And since then I have seen the Perk used even less (and it was super-niche to begin with).

There is a difference between buffing Perks a lot and making them unhealthy. Your examples are Perks which got buffed into unhealthy, because being unable to do anything for 25 seconds was just dumb. And Thana was a problem on certain Killers (which it still is, yet less people are running Thana on Legion or Plague, probably because there are enough attractive Slowdown-Perks around).

However, I would say that Buffs like Off the Record and Lethal Pursuer were really well done. I mean, you can argue that Off the Record also benefits from DS nerfed into being basically useless, but I can totally see OTR being used with 5 second DS as well. And I would not consider OTR problematic.

And Lethal Pursuer was already decent, but the additional effect made the Perk a lot more attractive to use since you did not have the feeling that you are playing with 3 Perks after a few seconds.

So it is possible to buff weaker Perks. The Devs just need to be more smart with it and test it - because I highly doubt they tested Eruption enough.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

With the rise of Adrenaline, I think it's time to remove the healed off the hook aspect of that perk. It gives you three effects stacked together and they said they don't wanna do that with other perks they changed in the past. You get caught and hooked, you shouldn't get a free health state for that, especially with basekit borrowed time now.

• BlightedDolphin
    Options

Oh sorry, I didn't mean not to buff weaker perks. I was referring to buffing them by "a huge amount".

What I'm meaning is yes we do need to buff weaker perks, but not above the level of the current meta. Eruption was terrible because they made it stronger than the old meta. Even if they hadn't nerfed Ruin or Pop, Eruption still would've been meta because it was just so much better. Eruption probably would've still seen use if they never buffed it simply because the old meta is gone.

So yes, buff weak perks but bring it to a balanced level and nerf the strong perks to the same level rather than making more overpowered perks to replace the current ones.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Nerfing perks for usage stats is really dumb, i hope the changes try and change up the game, but i want the changes to have a direction in mind and not just nerfed because it's popular.

From the survivor:

• Some nerf to DH, either this or in a later update
    • Nerfs to prove and COH

For Killer:

• Nerf/Rework to COB and Overcharge

I hope we see some cool and well designed buffs to some weaker perks, more options is always nice, lets just hope they don't buff like when buffed Eruption without thinking of what would happen

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,941
    Options

I mean what could they realistically do to change DH?

Reduce the "On-Hit" Sprit Burst by 10-20%? Reduce the time-window to 0.25 seconds? I mean they are surely ideas but people will adapt to the changes and people will just go back to complaining again, nothing will have changed.

Dead Hard, as a perk, will never be balanced in the eyes of the community since there will always be something to complain about it, then again, when is this community never complaining about something pointless or exaggerating.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Even though it is not on the list, I would like to see Off the Record nerfed. It is the most busted perk they have come with in years and it really deserves a nerf.

• TigerSnake
    Options

Yeah dude, extra .5 progress reduction to Thana was so broken. And no one runs current Thana cause it’s ######### garbage, how on earth is it still a problem?

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,995
    Options

No nerfa for now, hoping for buffa on niche perks

And completely revert unneeded scream and scream perks nerfs

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    edited March 2023
    Options

The big question is when is the Killer able to hit the survivor normaly again. After six years of pain and suffering

• miniwengsel
    Options

I dont think, that I would agree. I dont really care about OTR as mutch as old DS. I nearly dont see anyone use OTR as an offensive perk and if I see one, that run into my face and bodyblock to just get the OTR hit, than I will tunnel this person until he/she is dead. I only need to tunnel someone only once because of that. That to the offensive part, the deffensive part isnt that good for an anti tunnel perk. If you really want to tunnel just hit them right of the hook. This Deactivats OTR and BT.

• miniwengsel
    Options
  • RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

No speed boost and a few seconds of no collision after it triggers.

Still great for greeding pallets, gets out of the way in chases in open space.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,152
    edited March 2023
    Options

They should buff weaker perks instead of nerfing. Also i see alot of people here complaining about overcharge and brine ( which i was expecting after you all getting your wish with eruption) , but you guys completely forget that they are also used due to the heavy usage of prove thyself + brand new parts and toolboxes inthe matches.

You can't just go and nerf every single gen defense perk out there, without balancing other stuff first.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

CoH will likely get nerfed I could see Brine getting nerfed idk if it needs to be but it might get nerfed anyway. Overcharge definitely can stay the way it is it's not that bad.

Really more interested in potential buffs because without those the meta will just be a weaker version of what it already is.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

It says an awful lot about the power of the top survivor perks vs the top killer perks when you look at the relative usage rates. Survivors have two above 30% while the most-used killer perk is only 23%. That is not balanced at all. Either give killers a couple god perks or nerf DH and WOO to make them less OP. Even looking at the top 5-6 perks, it’s very clear the top survivor perks are way more overpowered than the top killer perks and the usage rates prove that.

Note - I love WOO and use it on every survivor build. Please don’t change it :)

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

As always, I love strong perks who benefit you if you complete some circumstances.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

Give shadowborne a additional affect or just add it to the basekit...will be my wish for every one.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I hope they buff perks like Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain.

Encourages hooking, provides bonuses when you dont go for the same person.

Its the gameplay everyone wishes for, but is hugely inefficient because they dont make perks that work well with this playstyle

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    edited March 2023
    Options

Generally speaking they need to stop nerfing as much and focusing on buffing all the bad perks. We want to widen the list of viable perks, not just replace them with something else.

That said, there are a few outliers that need nerfing/reworking as they're unhealthy for the game in their current state. That would be DH, CoH and PT. Other than those we need to focus on buffing bad perks. I generally think the rest the perks are fine.

CoB and OC are also fine. Since Eruption has been nerfed these perks aren't an issue.

Side Note: When picking what perks to buff they need to look at the ones for both sides that encourage fair and fun game play. For example, Grim Embrace is the epitome of encouraging fair game play and not rewarding tunneling. This perk should be at the top of the list for getting into the meta.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

What i would like to see is Prove thyself or at least bnps gettin a meaningful nerf and from killer ones stbfl losing two maximum stacks since it already got indirectly buffed when killers go faster hit recovery equal to around two STBFL stacks

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

usage rate =/= powerfulness though. - Or put differently: Seeing the same numbers you could just as well get to the conclusion that survivors have way fewer viable perks which results in very high usage rates of very few perks while killers have a broader spectrum of viable perks, resulting in overall lower usage percentages per perk. --- Not to mention that, contrary to survivors, killers function very differently from each other and there are certain perks that are meta on some killers but not on others, which further spreads the percentage points across all perks.

Tbh, I don't think there's much in the current meta to drastically change. - Dh is there, as always, but that's a can of worms in and of itself. Prove might get a change with all the whining that's going on --- but that would only further strengthen the split-on-gens-meta. It would flat out drop from the meta - with nothing to replace it, as of now. On the killer side... on their own all those perks are perfectly fine - for killer it's usually much more synergising effects that are the issue. So if anything I can see the regression perks collectively getting a "to a maximum of"-kinda line, to limit the stacking.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

Ah I see your point. Your argument is well thought out and raises many good counter points. I bet you got high marks on your debate team.

• PrincessCalla
    PrincessCalla Member Posts: 139
    Options

I've played tons of games and never been a fan of nerfing things. Instead, buff other stuff to bring it up to par with other things on both sides.

Idk, maybe I'm wrong but I really don't like when a perk (or ability/class in other games) is nerfed so bad it's not viable anymore. Nor do I want perks homenogized so they're all the same. That's why I quit ffxiv. Bleh I'm rambling lol but my point is I just hope whatever they do, it ends up being fun! C:

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited March 2023
    Options

The only change I'd like to see is Circle Of Healing not stack with items. Outside of that I'm hoping for Shape / Twins buffs / reworks.

I'd like an incentive to actually use other boons and I'll be honest having a consistent range hurts the other boons that isn't CoH.

• TigerSnake
    Options

Honestly, as I think more about it, there might not be any nerfs and just buffs if we consider how they’ve done perk changes before in the past. It’s been implied that BHVR doesn’t mind gen kick meta or DH, with Eruption only nerfed because the Incapacitation status effect was deemed unhealthy to put on a perk, not to mention it was supposed to be changed this upcoming midchapter, only pushed forward due to overwhelming demand. Therefore I anticipate seeing just 6 perks from both sides (probably 12-14 perks in total) getting buffed. If there’s more nerfs to come, CoB and CoH will likely be the ones on the radar. Everything else such as Pain Res, Overcharge, Windows, Adrenaline, or Prove will probably be fine.