Bots

Anyone play against the bots at all?

I've played a few games and have now set up templates for them. Honestly, playing against bots, I don't have to care about the other side having fun. It also lets me do things like practice waiting out the dead hard, etc.

Bots don't care about anything which makes it good because I don't care about their fun. They're bots, they certainly aren't going to come to the forums to complain about a playstyle lol

Comments

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,783

I've been using them to learn Nurse, and it's pretty good when you can equip them with each type of exhaustion perk to learn how to play around them in a non-stressful environment.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I don't. I know a lot of other people do though.

I'll probably just use them if there's a new map or a new Killer.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Playing against the bots is pretty stress-free. But they avoid killer powers like its the plague. Have you tried using any ranged power on them like Pyramid Head's m2 attack or Trickster's knives? They have some great reaction time.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

Nah. I play a Multiplayer game to play against human players. If I want to play a singleplayer game there are better games than DBD.

The only two times I played against Bots was on the respective PTBs of Knight and Skull Merchant.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,858

if I could actually earn bp, I would exclusively play bot matches, but since you don't get anything I don't see the point

• SkinnyPringles
    SkinnyPringles Member Posts: 39

I play a few Bot matches when I boot up the game for the first time in the day.

Just to warm up a little or to test some things out.

I would also love to see bp earnings in bot matches since sometimes I am not in the mood to go up against swfs.

Plus that would help out more new players so yeah.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,153

My friend played against the bots and was surprised that they seem to be more competent than the teammates we get, and now we're both just sulking that we can't fill the empty slots in our public survivor matches with bots.

• SkinnyPringles
    SkinnyPringles Member Posts: 39

I agree they seem to be much better than the solo queue survivors.

Quite fascinating.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I like to warm up against the bots, but they can auto-juke Slinger so it gets a little annoying lol.

They are pretty 50/50. Sometimes they loop perfectly and correctly, other times they crouch next a Z-wall. You also can't mindgame them since they always know your exact location as long as you are in chase with them, so you have to brute force most of your hits.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

Played bots for quite a while, but after said while they become really predictable and its getting really boring, even after the improvements they made.

You can't go for skillshots because they'll automatically dodge which makes range killers pointless against them. Pyramid Head, one of my faves falls into that category. But I'm good enough with him to stand a chance against most teams so I usually queue up if I want to play him.

They're just good for testing Add-ons, new Killers and stuff but other than that... not that useful. But I still love the feature.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,016

The bots dodge range attacks better than 80% of the playerbase when I'm playing slinger

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I've played a few and I am surprised bots do a little wiggle sometimes vs blight. But in general, I am already bored of real humans so bots are boring.