Anniversary chapter

Options

I want to discuss on the next chapter possibilities, because this year, started very bad with Skull merchant, can resurrect if they bring an icon into the game as an anniversary chapter. In my opinion, these are the licenses that are most likely to be chapter 28

FNAF

So, since the release of DBD lots of fan are asking for Springtrap to be in the game, and what good time would it be if not this anniversary? So, this year the fnaf security breach dlc is released, also the fnaf movie is released this year. What better time to release the fnaf chapter with Springtrap now? Let's add that this year is also the year of the rabbit, and Sprintrap (the character that fans are clamoring for) is an animatronic in the shape of a rabbit, so I'd say that fnaf this year has very good chances to be a chapter in dbd. My guess, which probably has nothing to do with it, is that the Skull Merchant chapter is an almost futuristic chapter, and many were disappointed because the Skull Merchant is not a cyborg. Maybe devs want to give a hint that the next chapter will be more "futuristic" (even if fnaf is kind of set in the 80s but whatever) and there will actually be a robot as a killer.

PREDATOR

I see a pattern. When legion came out, fans were very disappointed for a variety of reasons. However, a few months later Ghostface came out and Legion was a kind of "anticipation" to Ghostface. As many interpreted Skull Merchant as "ah bhvr wanted Predator but couldn't get license/collab fell through". The Skull Merchant could be a hint that Predator will be the next killer.

ALIEN

I don't know why (and if someone wants to enlighten me he/she would do me a favor), but this year many are convinced that Alien will be the anniversary chapter. I want to remind everyone that the ex developer's 4chan "leak" that came out a month or two ago was fake, so it's not official yet that Alien will be coming to dbd. Despite this, bhvr maybe seeing how much the fans are clamoring for it could also consider the collaboration. Still, as much as I'd love to see Alien in dbd, I don't see a Xenomorph hooking people up instead of brutally killing them as soon as they find them. I thought the same thing about the Demogorgon, it doesn't suit a predator to hook people instead of tearing them to pieces directly

RESIDENT EVIL

There's no two without three. After Nemesis and Wesker, maybe another Resident Evil character will appear in dbd. Honestly, as much as I would like to see Heisenberg in dbd, probably the next chapter of Resident Evil (If there will be) will be Lady Dimitrescu, who honestly being a vampire, not bad. Indeed, many players have been waiting for a vampire/werewolf killer for years, and why not Lady Dimitrescu? An iconic character + a kind of killer expected for years. SPOLIER ALERT (If you didn't play Residen Evil Village do not read this part and continue with the next paragraph): when you encount Lady Dimistrescu in her castle for the first time, she hook Ethan Winters. So it would also look good on dbd since, as we can guess, she is used to hooking people since she asked her daughters to hook Ethan, as if it were a habit.

ORIGINAL

After the last few original chapters, the last thing I hope is to see an original chapter and not a licensed one. The Dredge, the knight and the Skull Merchant have all been mediocre killers (The Dredge because it's yet another m1, the other two because they are boring to face, and also to play in my opinion, especially the skull merchant since she's an m1 and she also has a power useful only to make games last an eternity by trigenning the survs).

Comments

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'll take an original chapter over any of those licenses you just mentioned, with perhaps the except of alien.

If it's another resident ######### evil chapter, it's gonna be my least favorite anniversary of all times.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531
    Options

Another original would be a massive disappointment. Hated the fact that we got Dredge last year who's not even that good or interesting, last thing we need for sure.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options
  • Smoe
    edited March 2023
    Options

Because imo, i don't want another resident evil chapter for a long time. Project W is as much Resident evil content as i can stomach for a while, a third dlc would be too much considering there are plenty of other licenses to collab with.

As far as Predator and Fnaf goes, i don't care about fnaf and while Predator is alright, i think there are other more important licenses to focus on.

Alien is definitely a must have and Dredge is our first taste at a true monster killer, i wanna see them expand into more original killers that stand out from the other characters like Dredge, like a vampire, spider, werewolf or any other horror archetype bhvr could make their own original version of.

• illNicola
    Options

Alien is a must have, but as I said I don't see Alien hooking people. I see it brutally killing them. If they want to put Alien in dbd, they should rework the concept of "sacrifice" only for it, maybe he kill people with Facehugger and it's its way to "sacrifice" people.

A third Resident Evil chapter will be cool, but not this year. I'm a big fan of Resident Evil, but I don't want to see a Resident evil chapter every year.

• Smoe
    edited March 2023
    Options

I don't see Alien hooking people

Neither does Myers, Freddy, Pig, Ghostface, Demogorgon, Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Pinhead (at least not by carrying them to one), Sadako, Wesker or any of the legendary killer skins, yet that didn't stop them from coming into the game.

If we start changing core mechanics just to fit killers who don't originally hook people in their source material, dbd would no longer really be dbd anymore as hooks are part of it's identity and if we shouldn't bring in licenses who don't hook people originally in their source material because it would be unfaithful to their character, then almost no license would make it into the game.

These characters are just guest characters, we shouldn't try and change the game just to make their appearance 100% faithful at the expense of changing everything else, that's why compromises exist between how faithful you can get with the character while still not breaking or changing everything else.

• illNicola
    Options

And I agree with your last point, but only for human killers. That's my opinion, but seeing a monster like Alien hooking people, when basically Ive seen it instantly kill them doesn't make sense.

A human killer can hook survivors because he is devoted to the entity, because he likes to inflict suffering, but a beast kills to eat, because he is territorial and aggressive, certainly not because he is devoted to some sort of divinity (or rather, a divinity of a world "external" let's say, I hope you understand what I mean).

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Friday 13th is actually possible for this anniversary even though the license is split between two owners. Might be one or the other kinda like Ghostface?

also there have been speculations about a second Stranger Things chapter with the return of chapter 1 snd that would be *big*

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

I would love for Alcina and her huge mommy mil i mean nails come to dbd but Alien also sounds great

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 274
    Options

Everyone really hypes up Predator but I dont really understand it. IMO its an OK movie but the only memorable part is the meme and the fact that Arnold Scwartznegger plays in it.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    edited March 2023
    Options

Im hoping stranger things return but does not seem likely. Vecna as killer would be so cool and his mori is not hard to quess... I also want steve and nancy should bought them when they were still on the game but I though they're just skins and I have already lot of survivors...

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Not really,, demogorgon also doesn't fit the hook people theme all that good considering stranger things depiction but it still happens,

• Smoe
    edited March 2023
    Options

You're entitled to your opinion by all means, but realistically it will not happen because all killers must be able to follow certain ground rules in the game in order to be included, at best you could get something within xeno's kit that gives it the ability to kill someone without using a hook, but the hooking will always be an option for it to use no matter what.

If we're start bringing lore into the discussion, then the Xenomorph would submit to the Entity just like Demogorgon did. The Demogorgon is basically nothing more than an animal who's been cut off from the Mind Flayer's influence, it's basically just got a new owner now to be loyal to and obey.

The Xenomorph would be cut off from the rest of the actual Hivemind and the Entity could easily just make it obedient by fooling it into believing it's the Queen Mother it's obeying rather than the Entity, so lorewise it wouldn't be hard to justify why it's hooking people instead of just mauling them.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Honestly as long as it's not another Resident Evil chapter or FNAF, I don't care what it is. Would love to see Predator or Alien though, if I had to choose.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

Friday the 13th is always going to be at the top of my list, until it either happens or we definitively hear that it won't.

I love the Alien franchise, but I also don't feel like it'd be right for DBD somehow. Willing to be wrong, though.

As log as it's not FNAF or another zoning killer I'll probably be good with whatever comes.

• Mooks
    Options

what are you doing? You are jinxing it?!

now it’s gonna be FNAF with a zoning power

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

This. Honestly I'm all for Resident Evil but can we give it a rest for a bit?

• Smoe
    edited March 2023
    Options

You know what i would love to see?

Cult classic horror movies made into chapters, they deserve more love.

• illNicola
    Options

In fact Demogorgon, in my opinion, doesn't fit at all with the hook mechanic. But that's my opinion, maybe because I would love to see it bite off survivors' head

• Entitled_survivor
    Options

Surely you would expect a beast to savagely maul you rather than hook you but then again survivors can endure being hooked twice 😂not everything needs yo make absolute sense, having said creatures as killers is already nc enough

• illNicola
    Options

Ok, but at least modify hooks keeping their souls. Maybe he doesn't have hooks but nests that works the same ways as hooks. I don't say "completely rework the hooking for it", but at least "rework" hooks in a way that fit better with it. An example, Alien puts survs in nests where the entity has different animations than hooks, but keep the soul of hooks. What about that? Reworking a base mechanic only for it it's too much, ok, but at least adapt it keeping the soul but modifying the concept.

And I didn't consider the mind control, I considered only the facts that both Alien and Demogorgon are brutally beasts

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Why is it SpringTrap with these FNAF chapters? Gimme Freddy. Anyway, my hope always goes out to Chucky or a DollMaster type Killer. I’m also keen on Scarecrows. I’ll also be very disappointed if we get another RE chapter. I’m not into it.

Whatever it is, it better be polished and, more than usual, have a unique power that is worth being an Anniversary Chapter. No pressure! Lol

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

Alien doesn't always brutally kill. They take people back to the nest to incubate their eggs. They could adopt Pyramid Head's cage mechanic but instead the person is cocooned.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,193
    Options

I'd love it if Stranger Things came back.

Or if they added Alien. Maybe the AI from Prometheus or the creators even, there's so much content and potential there, and they could finally add a dope abandoned spaceship map 😎

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

I'm voting for Stranger Things Chapter 2. Bringing the old chapter and a new one is almost like two-in-one, since a lot of people who play now missed out on the original. I just hope Netflix gave them the green light months ago, and it's been in production for a while now. Else, we're looking at a Season 5 ST x DbD comeback.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    edited March 2023
    Options

Given how hard the last 2 chapters have flopped (I love the knight btw) I think they'll be forced to pull an ace out if there sleeve aka something the community have wanted for some time such as;

Candyman - Easy win. Not a fan at all personally. Can't see the hype but for some reason he's very popular with dbd fans

Chuckie - Obviously

Jason - Obviously

Art - Wants in and was a huge hit last Halloween. Think this would be better suited to the last chapter of the year

Fnaf - Not happening as that will hack a decent amount of people off which they already have with chapter 27. Think its an option they have up there sleeves for an other time though.

Stranger Things - Fair chance of this

Popular original choice;

* Warewolf / Vampire / Pirate

Not happening;

Giraffe on rollerskates - I don't think this will happen personally.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

My top 2 is either Friday the 13th, or Chucky. I'd really like evil within to come to dbd as well. But I'm really fine with anything unless it's another resident evil chapter or a FNAF chapter. I mean FNAF is ok but I'm not a 12 year old kid anymore, there's infinitely more interesting licences out there than FNAF.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

I'd prefer another original chapter. Dredge is one of the coolest-looking and most creatively designed killers in the game, and pretty much every other licensed idea left is a terrible idea. I don't see Alien fitting, Predator is a "maybe", FNAF is a "why", Jason Voorhees would add nothing new, and everything else is either uninteresting or too niche.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

I’m also keen on Scarecrows

New Chapter - Wizard of Oz

Killer: Wicked Witch

Survivor: Dorothy (with Scarecrow, Tinman, and Lion outfits)

Map: Yellow Brick Road

Make it happen BHVR!

(sorry, don't know why, but that's the place my mind went when I saw Scarecrow).

• illNicola
    Options

Because Springtrap is the only real assassin in fnaf. Freddy and the others, in fact, are animatronics possessed by the children that William Afton (Springtrap) killed. Springtrap is an animatronic possessed by the soul of William Afton, who died after trying to hide in the suit of Springbonnie when he was persecuted by the souls of the child he killed. In the suit there was the Endoskeleton, that killed Afton after he tried to hide from the children. But the soul of William Afton possessed Springtrap, keeping his killer instinct. This is why Springtrap is better than Freddy, because Freddy is only a child who wants revenge, Springtrap is a brutal killer. So this is why Springtrap would be better than Freddy

• illNicola
    Options

Nah bro, FNAF will be a good chapter. Ok, everyone probably played and experienced FNAF when they were 12, but look at the lore. Springtrap would be top in dbd. It has a unique design and, given its size, it could really have a unique and very interesting power (hoping Devs make it strong and not boring to play/deal with)

• illNicola
    Options

The design of the dredge is cool af, but the power... It's just another m1, cool because the darkness mechanic is cool, but I also evaluate a chapter by looking at whether the killer is valid or sucks, not just if he's cool in terms of aesthetics.

• illNicola
    Options

Fnaf was requested since dbd birth and will fit well in the game. Another original would be a big disappointment as the last original chapter were ######### (and dredge was cool only for its aesthetic, not for his power because ok it's creative, but it's another m1 killer)

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2023
    Options

Stranger Things Return + Vecna.

Alternate: Jason

Alien, Predator etc. - i do not care.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

I don't even want to discuss who the licence could be I just want to pop in and say that if this game can survive releasing Twins into Trickster into the original Resident Evil chapter (all of which came with bugs that made the game literally unplayable), and then they can make Artist into Sadako and come out with an original anniversary, and they still can't manage to kill the game, then at this point the licence could literally be anyone and the game would thrive.

Like, at this point it genuinely feels like some of these chapters would've been the final nail in the coffin for a lot of games, yet dbd is still hanging in there.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

No more characters. Fix the ones you have.

• illNicola
    Options

If they fix the game instead of putting another chapter it will be the best anniversary present (No genrush, no need to tunnel + more tunnel defence, all killer playble at top MMR). Sadly, it won't happen anytime soon

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Fingers crossed for it not to be RE. I don't really like the franchise and it's already gotten its fair share of attention.

I don't care for many horror licenses, so I'd be more than happy with an original killer, hopefully non-human or animalistic. We got Dredge last year, which is great for the cast diversity, now I'd love a Werewolf or Hag-type killer, humanoid but completely feral.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

I would be happy if they will finally add new game modes, mechanics and fix all the bugged stuff present in the game rather than having ANOTHER (mediocre probably) killer alongside with other survivors... But of course this won't aid them to earn money so it's only a dream that will never come to life...

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

what exactly is more important than fnaf that would actually be viable in dbd? alien,not really, predator and terminator are more action than horror, devs already said chucky isnt happening, i dont see terrifier or any stephen king properties happening, conjuring, m3gan and insidious are too modern to be "important", am i missing something? fnaf's impact on horror in gaming is massive, and whether that impact was good or bad in your eyes, you cant deny its huge

• Mooks
    Options

devs already said chucky isnt happening

when/where did they say this?

i only really remember them confirming Jeepers Creepers not happening (for very good reason)

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options
  • Smoe
    edited March 2023
    Options

Fnaf had an impact yes, however Alien is still historically and culturally more significant of an IP than fnaf is, to claim otherwise is just objectively false.

Friday the 13th is pretty up there as well, which lawsuit ended last year.

Cote said Chucky is too funny yes, but he also said and i quote ''If i continue to vigorously state that they are much too silly for Dead by Daylight, wouldn't it make a much better story if we ever end up releasing them?'' Also Dave Richard said in an interview that he's onboard for bringing Chucky and Thanos into dbd, so it's not a ''never gonna happen'' with Chucky.

Resident Evil as much as i don't want another chapter, is still much more significant than fnaf ever will be.

Disagree with me if you want to by all means, but don't act like Fnaf is single handedly the most important license out there, because it's not.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,504
    Options

As long as it isn't FNAF, I think I'll be happy.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 534
    edited March 2023
    Options

I want chucky & only really Chucky, Jason will be cool too but I'm not particularly interested in using him.

What I actually expect is Stranger things

With the return of steve, nancy & demo +

Vecna, Robin & probably Hopper or eddie (preferably Hopper)

I also never want to see FNAF nor do I believe Predator will happen any time soon or Skull merchant probably wouldn't be here right now (though Predator should naturally be much stonger, cloaked & probably have a ranged laser attack 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Don't see Alien ever happening

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

The animatronics are nowhere near scary when you take them out of dark dingy corridors seen through grainy security cameras and instead put them in an environment where they can't just jumpscare you.