Balance Hook Campers Idea (Killer)

Theninjabizcuit
Theninjabizcuit Member Posts: 5
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
If a killer camps a survivor on a hook it ruins the game for that survivor and team. My idea is that the longer the killer looks at a hooked survivor, the more they lose their sight. Like when a flashlight is used but slower of course. The lore behind it could be, "Survivors lose their hope when stalked on a hook, leaving the entity hungry and angry. The longer you look the more you will be punished." 

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

@Theninjabizcuit said:
    If a killer camps a survivor on a hook it ruins the game for that survivor and team. My idea is that the longer the killer looks at a hooked survivor, the more they lose their sight. Like when a flashlight is used. The lore behind it could be, "Survivors lose their hope when stalked on a hook, leaving the entity hungry and angry. The longer you look the more you will be punished." 

Maybe it should be that the health bar meter decreases slower if the killer is nearby. A survivor with an ironic perk to counter campers would be awesome. (If I was a survivor, I would have something that is the killer is nearby a hooked survivor, and another survivor nearby me attempts to save the survivor, the killer would slow down massively in attack speed and movement.) Borrowed time is also there, but it is not enough to me, as I almost always get chased being unhooked or unhooking someone.

• SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    Nah, while I hate camping and tunneling for no reason other than to be toxic, penalizing the killer is wrong. Theres already borrowed time and the new DS, and most survivors cry “camper” for anything the killer does. Don’t do unsafe hooks, and if the killer camps just rush gens or communicate a plan to get the unhook. Camping only works when the survivors waste time to allow it to work.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    The easier it gets to unhook someone the less interest I have in doing it. I agree that a face camp is boring torture for the hooked member, but little to no danger as the rescuer sounds just as boring (not the same as coast clearing). At that point it just becomes another lackluster secondary objective.
  • thebl4ckshadow
    thebl4ckshadow Member Posts: 21
    I dont see why camping is in the game in the first place to be honest. Maybe they should make it so that the killer is visible while he is camping for like 5-10 sec after he moves certain meters. Im probebly gonna get hate. But we are clearly seeing camping killers in the game and if a surviver camps a hotspot for to long birds come flying over him.. So 
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Theninjabizcuit said:
    If a killer camps a survivor on a hook it ruins the game for that survivor and team. My idea is that the longer the killer looks at a hooked survivor, the more they lose their sight. Like when a flashlight is used but slower of course. The lore behind it could be, "Survivors lose their hope when stalked on a hook, leaving the entity hungry and angry. The longer you look the more you will be punished." 

How about this: If the hooked survivor is in the terror radius of the killer for x amount of time, the entity progression slows down. I mean, I think it's only fair, especially since Monstrous Shrine is a perk.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

If the killer camps, do gens. Easy 3 escape if the hooked survivor managed to not get hooked within the first 90 seconds of the game.

@Saint_Ukraine said:
    How about this: If the hooked survivor is in the terror radius of the killer for x amount of time, the entity progression slows down. I mean, I think it's only fair, especially since Monstrous Shrine is a perk.

This could be easily abused by survivors.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Well, at least it ain't the "sacrifice progress is heavily slowed down when the killer is within x meters of the hook" suggestion.

• kaister901
    kaister901 Member Posts: 64

If you are camped....just hope your team does gens.

2 minutes is plenty of time if your team coordinates and decide to do gens while you buy time. The killer would only secure 1 kill.

I mean if you are saying it's a team based game then what is the problem in you buying time for others to do gens?

Isn't it selfish to say no they shouldn't do gens and I should be able to get rescued?

Watch good survivor game plays.

The gene management...is amazing. Even gen placement. They do not bottle neck themselves at the last 3 gens.

Watch those gameplays and learn. Same as killer, if you need to camp...go watch killer plays and learn to play better.

Now days I don't bother with a 4k....it's either I got it easily or I had to sweat my butt off for it....

So I play chill.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Theninjabizcuit said:

Nice joke buddy

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited February 2019
    This does not need balancing. Killer camps? Go do gens and escape for free. Best way to punish is leaving him with depip and 4k points. Don't ######### on hook.

Exit: this got censored so: don't make sacrifice faster while beeing camped.
  • Theninjabizcuit
    All I'm saying is I'm running into to many face campers deterring my friends from playing the game. It's not a big deal when I get hooked, but when they do and have nothing to do for the rest of the match they don't want to play another round. Especially if this happens more times than not. I love the game. The "blind" aspect is already in the game. Slow it down and add it to campers within 10 meters of the hook who are not holding another survivor. 
    Or make another game mode and have one "chill" and the other one "competitive". Chill could earn players less points but be more relaxed. Competitive being more for long time players wanting to test/use skills against each other. 

Not looking for hate, looking to improve this game I adore. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Theninjabizcuit said:
    All I'm saying is I'm running into to many face campers deterring my friends from playing the game. It's not a big deal when I get hooked, but when they do and have nothing to do for the rest of the match they don't want to play another round. Especially if this happens more times than not. I love the game. The "blind" aspect is already in the game. Slow it down and add it to campers within 10 meters of the hook who are not holding another survivor. 
    Or make another game mode and have one "chill" and the other one "competitive". Chill could earn players less points but be more relaxed. Competitive being more for long time players wanting to test/use skills against each other. 

Well, losing isn't supposed to be fun.

• Theninjabizcuit
    Orion said:

@Theninjabizcuit said:

Well, losing isn't supposed to be fun.

Face campers. Face campers. Face campers. 

Game isn't fun when killers just want one kill. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Theninjabizcuit said:

Camping is a losing strategy if the survivors play smart. And here's a tip: killers can't camp what they can't catch.

Also, losing isn't supposed to be fun.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Orion said:

@Theninjabizcuit said:

Camping is a losing strategy if the survivors play smart. And here's a tip: killers can't camp what they can't catch.

Also, losing isn't supposed to be fun.

Really? Sometimes I laugh when I lose. Or is it that I laugh when I get face camped for being a hero? Dunno, still I have fun.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Personally, I'd rather get camped than slugged. You can at least earn a few measly blood points for struggling. When you get downed without Unbreakable its boring and a waste of time.

Maybe give more points for struggling/points for being camped instead of punishing campers due to the abusive nature some SWFs. Camping IS a viable strat, considering the Entity wants to feast on hope. But it is extremely boring and if someone does get camped early, odds are that person is going to DC since they know they've earned nothing and will get nothing why stay? I really don't see a good reason to not boost the points from being camped and both killer and survivors getting a bigger chunk when someone DCs

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Sure, and when a Survivor pallet loops the same pallet. The Pallet will proceed to automatically drop after the second rotation around the loop. Sounds fair as well.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Man, sadly, I am the nice guy that I always try to see if I can distract the killer with other survivors saved. Only failed two campers games so far...