The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Where is Hag on the tier list?

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747
If I'm not mistaken isnt hag top tier? I could've sworn the general consensus was that she is high tier with a high skill cap.

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Top tier at camping, but everything else? Not really too special.
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Most hags camp and don't understand how to use her traps properly. I have been playing her since post buffs and I swear i have never seen another killer in game use her traps correctly. First off you don't just spam her traps thoughtlessly, you put them in spots that force survivors to mess up. The most common and the only one I've seen people do right (because its just easy to understand and do) is put traps on one side of a loop. However did you know you can put traps off a loop, just within range to trigger, and it forces the player to run off the loop resulting in a free hit. You can also put a trap between the two lockers at shack, it completely messes survivors up and results in a free hit. This is called her camera flick and when used right It forces survivors toward it, meaning they come straight to you. Lets also not forget her basement game, which is better than any other killer because you only need 3 traps to protect the hook than you can go nearly anywhere on the map and still catch them escaping the basement after a save. Put on make your choice and M&A and your set for a good game, So far this week and playing daily with hag I have only had two or three games were i only got two kills.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@AChaoticKiller said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Most hags camp and don't understand how to use her traps properly. I have been playing her since post buffs and I swear i have never seen another killer in game use her traps correctly. First off you don't just spam her traps thoughtlessly, you put them in spots that force survivors to mess up. The most common and the only one I've seen people do right (because its just easy to understand and do) is put traps on one side of a loop. However did you know you can put traps off a loop, just within range to trigger, and it forces the player to run off the loop resulting in a free hit. You can also put a trap between the two lockers at shack, it completely messes survivors up and results in a free hit. This is called her camera flick and when used right It forces survivors toward it, meaning they come straight to you. Lets also not forget her basement game, which is better than any other killer because you only need 3 traps to protect the hook than you can go nearly anywhere on the map and still catch them escaping the basement after a save. Put on make your choice and M&A and your set for a good game, So far this week and playing daily with hag I have only had two or three games were i only got two kills.

Space Coconut mate?

• DarkGGhost

Hag for me she the second or third, nurse bill/hag. I play hag from day one ( the dark days) and with a lot of practice, you can be beast. If you know how to put your trap you can keep survivors off the hook and chase the other 3 at the same time ( and of course,e you will be call camper for this one)

• AChaoticKiller

@DarkGGhost I actually found him about two months after i decided to main and play hag, I figured out most of the tips he gives out in his how to play hag video. The only thing i really didn't know was that its somewhat good to put traps in corners like in the doc map and that you can place traps closer to hooks/ corners depending on the way you do it. Imo after watching him play hag i think i'm slightly better than him but i will say that he is better than me at getting instant hits with his traps, sometimes i mess them up.

• DarkGGhost

@AChaoticKiller nice i will like to see how you play

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Up top.  Easily top 5 in my opinion.  She can have insane pressure and snowball potential if played right & capitalize on Survivor's mistakes. 
  • artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    D tier according to som1 that chases with 0 traps down
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@KingB said:
    If I'm not mistaken isnt hag top tier? I could've sworn the general consensus was that she is high tier with a high skill cap.

She is higher mid tier, which means that she will do quite well until she faces experienced SWF or flashlight guys, then she will suffer

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

She is consistently good on all maps if you learn where to place her traps. She's definitely not a Nurse and it's hard to argue against Billy too. That leaves number 3 at best. So somewhere between 3-5 with Spirit and Huntress as her competition.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    The thing with hag is that she can easily get bullied by swf groups, especially if they equipped OoO. Pretty much the same with trapper, but trapper has at least addons to reset his traps automatically.
  • AChaoticKiller

@HavelmomDaS1 said:
    The thing with hag is that she can easily get bullied by swf groups, especially if they equipped OoO. Pretty much the same with trapper, but trapper has at least addons to reset his traps automatically.

with those groups its best to just keep your traps on the side of the map with the most gens and not let them spread them out, eventually they will try to bully you but theres always a chance to snowball against them especially if you've been keeping up with your traps. I've had plenty of games were the survivors get my traps left and right but they mess up and what do you know 2 of them are down, the other two are injured and i see them healing with nurses. Also OoO is not too good since the obsession will have to be constantly looking at you and remembering where 7 to 10 traps are while you replace them anytime you want.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

If you know how to play as her she's easily high tier, not top tier in my opinion but she is really good

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Nah man you're breaking the golen rule.

8 traps around a hook and 2 as spare.
    There’s not really a specific way to play a killer. You play them however you like. I am pretty sure if devs found the traps to be a problem thy would have probably added a cool down to the power.
  • LCGaster

@Iceman said:
    The_Crusader said:

AChaoticKiller said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Nah man you're breaking the golen rule.

8 traps around a hook and 2 as spare.

There’s not really a specific way to play a killer. You play them however you like. I am pretty sure if devs found the traps to be a problem thy would have probably added a cool down to the power.

r/whoosh

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

I still dont understand why people like hag so damn much, perhaps it is because i dont know how to play her but i think she is absolute trash, if she is trying to put a trap on a loop just ignore it, and crouch each time you are going to do a gen or rescue a companion

• RazDragon24
    RazDragon24 Member Posts: 27

I would agree that she is good. If you know how to place your traps you generally always have a decent game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I summon @SpaceCoconut!
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Oh shut up, she can chase as fast as Nurse if your good.

@AChaoticKiller said:
    @DarkGGhost I actually found him about two months after i decided to main and play hag, I figured out most of the tips he gives out in his how to play hag video. The only thing i really didn't know was that its somewhat good to put traps in corners like in the doc map and that you can place traps closer to hooks/ corners depending on the way you do it. Imo after watching him play hag i think i'm slightly better than him rbut i will say that he is better than me at getting instant hits with his traps, sometimes i mess them up.

I watch him and he's pretty good but he sometimes nesses up by committing to a long chase rather then teleporting.

Btw OP, Hag is effortlessly top tier, joint 3rd with Spirit. If you can play her, shes strong.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

@KingB said:

She is higher mid tier, which means that she will do quite well until she faces experienced SWF or flashlight guys, then she will suffer

I dont know about that, as Hag I do OK against SWF since my traps are in really unpredictable spots. I tend to trap routes they'll take more then Loops and keep 2 traps spare for when im chasing.

• LCGaster

@Theluckyboi said:
    I still dont understand why people like hag so damn much, perhaps it is because i dont know how to play her but i think she is absolute trash, if she is trying to put a trap on a loop just ignore it, and crouch each time you are going to do a gen or rescue a companion

Rank?

Putting down a trap during a chase as Hag can be a gamble, most of the time it's all about luring the survivor to a place with more traps already down

• DarkGGhost

@LCGaster said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Rank?

Putting down a trap during a chase as Hag can be a gamble, most of the time it's all about luring the survivor to a place with more traps already down

If only you can fake a trap so the survivor will run where you want to be?

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Is one of the most difficult killers to play against as survivor for me, so I think she must be in a good position in the tier list and she is my next buy as soon I get 9000 shards.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    New DS "nerf" is going to drop her a tier or two due to it completely making her "web" play obsolete until you eat the DS.
  • LCGaster

@DarkGGhost said:

@LCGaster said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Rank?

If only you can fake a trap so the survivor will run where you want to be?

Oh yeah, didn't think about it, thanks

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@Raccoon said:
    New DS "nerf" is going to drop her a tier or two due to it completely making her "web" play obsolete until you eat the DS.

Thankyou for making my day. I needed a good laugh. The DS change will not have any real effect on someone who plays Hag properly. If there is any effect at all, the 1 second reduction in stun will be in her favor, and knowing when it will happen is in any killer’s favor.

Downing the unhooker, and then downing the unsafely unhooked will move DS to a different point in time, but it doesn’t change anything. If I get DS’d, I can chase them 1 second sooner than I currently can, and thus down them sooner. However, in this cenario, DS should truly be disabled, as I am not tunneling. I downed another survivor first.

• Raccoon

But it will be enabled, and it will effect you, even with (mega eye roll) "proper" play in your proposed scenario.

Hrrrmmmmm - Thank you for making my day. I needed a good laugh :D

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Depends on your skill.
    TydeTyme puts her low for example.
    But when you see his gameplay with her and then Ardetha, you know why he puts her so low.

I daresay she might be the one to require the most dedication. (At least for me, i got ones like Nurse & Spirit down quite easily.)

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

@Boss was his video before or after her buffs?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@KingB said:
    @Boss was his video before or after her buffs?

He made the video after patch 2.3.3.
    Idk when the Hag buffs were.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    She’s top 5.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

She's tricky.

She's not top tier though. In general. If you can master her, she can be after Nurse/Spirit and maybe Billy?

She's in the Myers/Wraith/Doctor area.

• Kaelum

@Raccoon said:
    But it will be enabled, and it will effect you, even with (mega eye roll) "proper" play in your proposed scenario

You haven’t shown in any way, how it would negatively impact the Hag. Thus you have no argument. Good day

DON’T FEED TROLLS LIKE THIS. IT ONLY MAKES THEM HUNGRIER.

• Kaelum

@Boss TydeTyme is only an average player at both killer, and survivor, if he even plays. What he is good at is getting numbers to present in a way that makes him seem somewhat intelligent. He does not mine these numbers himself, he gets them from others, and very seldom gives credit to those doing the work.

He is absolutely terrible at playing Hag, and playing against her. If you watch some of videos post Hag buff, you’ll understand why. Don’t trust YouTubers or Twitchers blindly, make them earn your trust. You’d be surprised at how many you trust, are actually just using your trust to make money, and do not provide accurate content.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Top tier. #4. If you know what to do 
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@LCGaster said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Rank?

Currently rank 6 as killer and maining pig, in my opinion only newbie survivors fall for that

• Raccoon

@Kaelum said:

@Raccoon said:

Thankyou for making my day. I needed a good laugh. The DS change will not have any real effect on someone who plays Hag properly. If there is any effect at all, the 1 second reduction in stun will be in her favor, and knowing when it will happen is in any killer’s favor.

Downing the unhooker, and then downing the unsafely unhooked will move DS to a different point in time, but it doesn’t change anything. If I get DS’d, I can chase them 1 second sooner than I currently can, and thus down them sooner. However, in this cenario, DS should truly be disabled, as I am not tunneling. I downed another survivor first.

You laugh, state that it wlll not effect you, then, literally one paragraph later, provide a scenario where it will effect you and state that during this scenario you feel that " DS should truly be disabled, as I am not tunneling."

If pointing out your flip-flopping and self-contradiction is trolling, then color me Shrek, baby.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Post-buff, easily A-tier. It also depends on how you play her, though. Her addons determine her effectiveness and gameplay, as even the Scarred Hand + Waterlogged Shoe is viable now. She's absolutely broken with Make Your Choice + Mint Rag. Tbh, I'd play Hag all of the time if I could use Rusty Shackles (favorite addon) forever.

Unfortunately, it can be rough as Hag if you've got someone following you around and setting off all of your traps, or you can't get them out into key places before you need to start pressuring.

• Kaelum

@Raccoon said:
    You laugh, state that it wlll not effect you, then, literally one paragraph later, provide a scenario where it will effect you and state that during this scenario you feel that " DS should truly be disabled, as I am not tunneling."

If pointing out your flip-flopping and self-contradiction is trolling, then color me Shrek, baby.

Dude, learn English. At least how to understand it. Your understanding is in severe need of help. Nice troll!

• Raccoon

@Kaelum said:

@Raccoon said:

Dude, learn English. At least how to understand it. Your understanding is in severe need of help. Nice troll!

Point out the misunderstanding so we can all grow as a community. I don't mind being shown where the misinterpretation may be, so please, help me out.

• Billhilly
    Billhilly Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2019

@AChaoticKiller said:

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Space Coconut mate?

We interrupt the program to bring you this important messsage
  • jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
    She is 5th or so
  • LCGaster

@Theluckyboi said:

@LCGaster said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Rank?

Currently rank 6 as killer and maining pig, in my opinion only newbie survivors fall for that

Oh I love Pig

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    She is high tier but not often used right. 
    Most use all 10 traps on a hook then facecamp as close as possible to defeat the point of her traps completely.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

Nurse
    Billy
    Spirit/Hag
    Huntress

Those are the top 5. Hag is I think better than Spirit overall, but as a good SWF it's a lot easier to counter Hag than it is Spirit. Hag is a "feast or famine" type of killer, and she needs momentum to be as effective as she potentially can be and is more reliant on survivor mistakes. Spirit has more active ways to generate momentum. Basically, Spirit's max is easier to hit while Hag's max is more powerful. I consider them somewhat equal because of that.

If a Hag is camping hooks then she's not a good Hag. A good Hag will put down 1 trap at a hook and leave.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

@Theluckyboi said:

The problem comes when the Hag pressures you to run. If you go to make a save and she comes back to the hook you are forced to hit the trap. You also take forever to do stuff unless you have Urban Evasion, so you're losing time by avoiding traps. If you just keep running from loop to loop, eventually it shuts down all the loops in an area. If you are trying to do a gen or make a save, that's now an unsafe area despite there being pallets everywhere. If you play against a good Hag these things do become problems you have to face.

@Morgan93 said:
    To me is 5th. Spirit and Huntress are more powerful than her

The problem with Huntress is that she is an actual slow killer. All the other slow killers are above her because they can move around faster with their power. Huntress can injure from a distance but it requires a lot of skill to pull off, with some luck that you even have the shot to begin with. Her lack of speed makes her less powerful than Hag/Spirit.