Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thank you for DH NERF, COH NERF, Healing NERF

NerfDeadHardPLZ
NerfDeadHardPLZ Member Posts: 70
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

Thank you DEVS, finally worth waiting update

P.S. I don't care about gen regress killer perk nerfs, DH AND COH were the biggest problem this game had, finally our complains made an impact

Although HAG change was pretty not on point, we rarely even see flashlight users to begin with and she was still very demanding and weak, the nerf to her power will make her struggle even more now

Post edited by NerfDeadHardPLZ on

Comments

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I was specting CoB Over and maybe pain and dh to be nerfed, didnt spect Coh and med kits.

Hope they dont rebuff DH and Medkits but let all killer perks nerfed or something like that.

Pain now is a joke xD, can sit together with laverage.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I definitely like the CoH and DH nerfs, don't get me wrong, they were definitely deserved, but I do find it strange that BHVR has chosen to ignore the elephant in the room that is OTR. It is the single most overpowered perk that the game ever had (except for OG Mettle of Man).

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

Maybe we get it from the fact that now the Wraith has no counter whatsoever, as does the ability to interrupt a nurse's blink. Flashlights are all but useless now, as is dead hard and med kits. Almost every tool at the survivor's disposal has now been hulk smashed into the ground while killers got minor nerfs to their metas and buffs to some of their rarest add-ons.

And y'all still want to call this game survivor sided? Clinically insane at this point.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited March 2023

honestly good patch. I love DH but it was a bit to strong. Survivors can switch to sprint burst and be just as strong low tier killers on other hand are pretty much ######### now with all the regression gone. Should be interesting tho seeing the new meta in action

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896
    edited March 2023

The way the games already built encourages going after the unhooked than the unhooker. Why go after the guy you never hooked or why would you not go for the guy closer to death.

• HeyItsQuiet

The killer "nerfs" were minor percentage changes in comparison to what survivor tools got. It was already easier than ever to secure a minimum of 3k per match, and even Otz did a week of no tunneling and proved that an 80% win rate can be achieved without those tactics. Now unskilled killers are going to be even more empowered to be abusive in game and push our survivor base away.

And yes, the killer queue waiting time actually did increase after that update, and some days it was so bad I couldn't even get a match in a timely manner and had to go play something else.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

Nah, there really isn't "plenty", that's why DH was meta. I see you're Killer biased though. Also, 99ing SB will now become meta, hope you're ready to complain about that in a week after Mid-Chapter.

You can bait auto DH users too btw. Swing near them.

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482

If only I had a dollar Killer biased players went to complain on the forums after failing to get a 4k because they refuse to switch their builds or Killer to easily counter anything meta...

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 317

Lmao... the queue times don't mean anything in this game because after 30 sec or so MMR gives up trying to match players on skill and instead puts people of vastly different skill levels in the same lobby, leading to a stomp.

So basically, the queues won't increase, but expect match quality to decrease (although I have a hard time seeing how it could be worse than what it is now).

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

This is the best response so far to the “queue times will increase to 20 minutes” type of hysterical responses. Even during peaks times when there are way more survivors players than killer players, queue times (at least in my region) are shorter than they have ever been because as you said the matchmaking system basically gives up after about 30 seconds and just throws in whoever has been waiting the longest regardless of MMR scores

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

I play both roles equally and the killer changes make me cringe as well. This whole update is a recipe for disaster.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

We'll see. I for one am excited for more drastic changes. But some changes might be too much. Perhaps it would be enough to increase healing to 20 seconds, instead of 24 for example.

I do think camping will need to be addressed before this patch goes live. If survivors need longer to heal, the hook phase duration 100% needs to be increased to at least 70 seconds, or BHVR is going to cause some very troubling gameplay.

I disagree when it comes to Wraith though, he definitely still has enough counterplay. The healing nerf just might make him a bit too strong, with his high movement speed.

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    edited March 2023

Yeah they can adress camping with it, killers wouldn't mind that at all, because killers also enjoy chases, but since the game force you to tunnel or camp because of CoH, DH, Gen rushing addons and items and perks, we had no choice but to camp and tunnel, i am all for it to make game more about chases rather then gen rushers

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2023

I will miss the interactions with flashlights. Getting rid of crows, or blinding nurse/spirit/wraith felt interesting. Now if youre caught in a deadzone there is no counter. Even if it was rare it was a last resort that sometimes paid off. Now youre just dead. I liked the fact that flashlights countered hag.. a niche interaction, not everyone brought them, and you could just bring franklins. But now anyone can just disarm her traps.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited March 2023

CoH single-handedly rewrote the healing landscape, deleting hit and run from killers playbooks, and relegating previously good healing perks such as Inner Strength to F tier.

This is honestly the best balance change they could have possibly implemented.

Heavily nerfing the meta gen regression, in tandem with heavily nerfing the healing meta, as these are complementary, each one undoing the primary objective progress of the other side.

Most importantly, is limiting survivors abilities to heal themselves, as healing speed is an afterthought when you're already halving the healing burden by being totally independent. Honestly, with all the other changes involved, they probably didn't even need to increase healing time from 16s to 24s. 18s or a nice round 20s may have been enough.

My one real concern however, is that by extending healing time, you indirectly buff healing-slowdown, like Sloppy Butcher and Coulrophobia. After all, 50% of 24 is a lot more than 50% of 16. So these perks really should have seen adjustments as well.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

killer biassed? LOOOOL

I main survivor for a year now, just look at my last posts, wth hahahahahha

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Just got done reading through all the changes and this is the first time in a long time (if ever) that I feel like the devs really took community feedback into consideration for prioritizing what to change and how to change it. Nothing will make everyone happy, but these changes feel to me like a really good compromise overall for both sides and will address a lot of the common frustrations from both sides. Well done, BHVR!

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Is survivor healing each other still 16sec?

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2023

And i will say that the medkit nerf is warranted. But normal healing.. idk. Like, your’re already in an awkward position if youre healing in group and on top of that there’s decreased heal speeds. Medkits were op, it should take twice as long to heal by yourself than with a group, obviously. With sloppy things wont feel great. But idk maybe it will be different

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,671

Anyone who says they 'have to' tunnel, camp, or 3 gen will continue to do so.

These changes mean that survivor gameplay is gens and gens only, finishing as fast as possible before the game has a chance to snowball.

Welcome to 4 BNP, resilience, adrenaline meta.

• HastuneMiku
    HastuneMiku Applicant Posts: 49

Self-Care is super dead unless they didn't mention buffing it.

Now it'll take almost as long to self-care as it will to do a generator. Probably longer with sloppy butcher.

• NerfDeadHardPLZ
    edited March 2023

Yes sloppy should be looked at it, Claustrophobia only affects if you're in killer Terror Radius so overall it's a bad perk, killers won't run it even if it get buffed, therefore nerfing it won't make literally any impact since no1 is running it anyway

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2023

Overall very good changes. Glad they finally listened to the community.

I think the gen kick perks were a little overkill though, I don't see many people using them now.

PR nerf was also a bit weird. The only reason its usage was so high was because they nerfed everything else so it just got defaulted as one of the few options left. It's a dead perk now for sure though, no one's going to use that. I very much like the concept they were going for in rewarding healthy game play and it not working for people just tunneling, but the issue is the perk isn't good enough to warrant the downside. The reward for playing fair needs to match the cost of in fact playing fair. Like I generally almost never tunnel so this perk should look great to me since I'll get its full value but it doesn't, it looks really bad even if I get its full value because that full value is very, very low.

Finally I'm really happy with the flashlight changes. I've been saying how items directly countering killer powers is an outdated feature that they themselves have stated they didn't want in the game years ago. However, that Hag change...like what? This is actually a huge nerf to Hag, who is already one of the least played killers in the game. She needs a good buff now after this.

• HeyItsQuiet
    edited March 2023

I'm a tad less worried about wraith than I am about legions running Thana and sloppy, preventing anyone from getting anything done whatsoever. They could have just changed circle of healing and left med kits alone.