Does this company have any testers at all?

Options
vBlossom_
vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

I saw today that healing has been totally nerfed - from first aid kits to perks to healing time.

Last time the developers added +10 seconds to fixing generators, we knew that after that change every killer took additional 4 slowdown perks.

Now the healing time has been increased by half and every aspect of healing has been nerfed.

Did anyone even test these changes before they were announced, or am I going to have to play killers who take Sloppy Butcher and other slowdown things for 3 months again?

I'm not even saying anything about Self-Care, which has been left out altogether, I get the feeling the developers don't play the game at all.

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Based on the credits, the test team is very small.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Well, they killed all regression perks at the same time, so yes. Three months of sloppy butcher, with a barely-tested Killer dropped somewhere in the middle with dozens of issues identified on the PTB that then gets released.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Gen slow down was nuked as well.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

You have to realize, that any internal tests of changes is between a small group of people who are playing with people they are familiar with. There's much less likely they are going to be in depth every change to make sure there's no possible problem with any of the changes.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

How does anyone in 2023 still fall under the impression that the developer team at BHVR has even a remote inclination as to how their game is played?

The new maps are horrendously unbalanced and we once again have infinite loops that can make it literally impossible for an M1 killer to down a survivor regardless of skill.

Completely broken perks are introduced, left untouched, niche perk with minimal utility get nerfed.

The gap between strong and weak killers is not addressed at all.

And the list goes on.

No, nobody at BHVR has any idea what they are doing. Cue that Spongebob scene.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

I imagine that's what the PTB is for. They have a small test team to see if the changes work as intended mechanically - but balance wise. And then everyone gets a chance to playtest during PTB and usually there are adjustments after a PTB.

I agree, the blanket healing nerf seems over the top. - But it does go hand in hand with OverBrine probably being removed from the equation. It's hard to see how the changes interact with each other in the end so I'll reserve final judgement for now. But I suppose, generally speaking, they rather over-nerf healing and dial it back a notch for live servers, than realising the nerf didn't do enough and then having to add additional nerfs for live servers.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

50% Botany Knowledge + 50% CoH is still a 100% for healing others which is pretty good for teammates who specialize in healing.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

They're trying to kill the game, there's only like a couple of good changes in the update and the rest is hot garbage for both sides of the coin, they couldn't be more out of touch with the community, they should be embarrassed to say they spent money for college to be this bad at their job.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

I mean there’s so many healing perks it shouldn’t hurt changing 1 perk out of your build to compensate for that.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

+50% healing speed for yourself at all times, vs. +50% healing speed for all four survivors in one area.

You do realize other people can use your Boon, yes? That CoH doesn't strictly exist for yourself?

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 111
    Options

Nuking Healing and Gen regression/slowdown = No healing and supreme gen rush. I look forward to 4 BNPS in every swf

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Testers? I don't know... Merciless Storm got fixed for a bug that happened when missing a skill check and in the same patch it came out with a worse bug that happens... well, when missing a skill check... yeah, nobody caught that on the backend.

So, based on the evidence before me, I'd say the the question in title is best left unanswered.

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263
    Options

I already see myself not playing much Plague in the future anymore, considering how much we can exploit the heal nerfs as other killers, which makes me sad because asides from Nurse, Plague was my favourite.

*sad ARRRhEEEEEAh*