Why are Billy's engravings being nerfed?

Options
alicebiscuit
alicebiscuit Member Posts: 11
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Engravings have counterplay. Engravings are hard to use. They are not OP. Engravings have high usage rates because Billy has very little else going for him.

The proposed changes buff Billy's ability to camp, and nerf his chase power. LITERALLY NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS.

BHVR, if you want people to use engravings less, then make the other addons more appealing, or buff his base saw speed. Please don't nerf engravings. They are what makes Billy still fun to play in the current state of the game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

That's a good question and I really dont know why. Drift Billy enjoyers (double boots) like me will also be punished by these changes. It's time I let go of Billy </3

• ThanosPAWG
    ThanosPAWG Member Posts: 412
    Options

I mean the PTB isn't even out yet so I'm not gonna complain about anything tell I see it with my own eyes however I hope they decide against nerfing his add-ons.

• alicebiscuit
    Options

Yeah, I guess we shouldn't panic before we know the numbers. It just feels like it came out of nowhere.

I don't want to become a camping, backrev-main. :(

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Because they were popular I quess...

• Deathstroke
    Options

That add on was nerfed but not directly it before stacked with the purple add on which increased amount of hatchest so you had 3 instadown hatchets... But that does not work anymore and I don't see anyone using it anymore as it's not too hard to dodge one hatchet for survivors.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

am saying it, this is not a joke

there's someone in bhvr's balancing team that really dislikes billiy and overvalues his kit greatly so he keeps nerfing it i am sure of it.

• alicebiscuit
    Options

Ooooh this is gonna be spicy, I've been waiting for Sofa's thoughts.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

Whenever I face a Billy, regardless of how the match goes, I always tend to thank them in end-game chat just for the simple decision to play Billy and make killer interaction fun again. Sucks that BHVR is this out of touch with their own product. I would even bet that the 'feedback' they tend to fall back on when they say 'we heard your feedback so we are changing [insert] ' is complete and utter BS 99% of the time.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I think this has been evident ever since THAT nerf, literally nobody asked for the overheat mechanic on Billy, nobody even asked to nerf his basekit at all, just the instasaw addon combo.

But yet it was added and defended for years now, leading to this absurd situation where BHVR itself admits that mechanic does ######### nothing but they are still going to nerf billy further because "too much map pressure" all while Blight and Nurse still exist.

• alicebiscuit
    Options

Some people suspect that they *can't* nerf Blight's addons because the person who coded them left. No idea if there's any truth to that, but it's on-brand for BHVR at this point. This is so sad.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

It's like Overheat all over again.

What is up with BHVR and making a bunch of changes to Billy that literally nobody asked for, nor supports?

Let's hope they won't double down on it this time. Billy players have had it rough enough.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    Options

When it comes to killer addon the dev only really look at the pick rates and not the reason ppl pick them. If one or two addons have a huge pick rate above all the other addons then they say "This addon is overperforming based on its pick rate and we need to nerf it. The Engravings are not the first add-ons to be nerfed for this reason. Look at nemmy's mavin's blood. It wasn't by no means OP but they nerfed it bc it was picked a lot. One of the Twin addons was like this also I believe.

I wish they would look past the numbers and see why ppl pick these types of addons in the first place. I wish they would do an addon pass for every killer in the game once in a while and try to understand why an addon is picked over another. But that is harder to do since would require more time and man hours so it's easier to just nerf the most used addons and then rework/buff the non-used ones.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 273
    Options

Yeah basically at the extreme end of billy mains meaning the ones who would be lethal with any killer, love to use those add-ons so when they look at the numbers for his add-ons it seems as if they are op when in reality they are just fun to use and require an immense amount of skill to even pull off. If you can successfully pull off billy curves then you would be a god at blight flicks once you learned collision which most of the billy mains already know. Nerfing due to statistics is extremely asinine and regressive. You want to know how to rework tweak a killers power listen to their mains across board it's quite simple. As a nurse main removing the light burn is stupid and takes away one of the best counter plays to her, it wasn't done frequently because most didn't know and it's risky and hard to pull off which doesn't mean that's it's not effective or unnecessary. They nerfed poor billy and shadow buffed nurse in 3 ways if you add the COH and general healing nerfs, damn shame, once again I'm a 100% nurse main.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Didn't need to nerf this, Billy isn't even good lol. Watch videos of top survivors playing against top Hillbillies. They get like 3 hooks max trying to curve around everything

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

I don't even play Billy and I feel terrible for the few dedicated Billy players still left out there. Engravings did not need to be nerfed, at all. And I'm worried that it might be a pretty harsh nerf because they didn't give us the exact numbers in the dev update like they did for most of the other changes. But we'll see.

Playing against a good Billy is one of the most fun things you can do as a survivor in this game.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Well playing that rarely you most likely face potato survivors so agains't them I can see it being powerful. I play killer everyday and me picking that add on will not have that good time. I have always won with it but I have had to work for it. Only once I stomped team with it when I used it first time but I was new killer back then.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Well killer at times is frustating but I think overall solo survivor is more frustating if you want to win. Because as killer you can make the difference if you win or lose. But some games you have to sweat like your life is on line to win... Best is not to care too much about the result and have fun but it's hard when depipping still exist but even that is more on your control. Certainly killer is more stressful role.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Because Billy was balanced, and they (devs) were happy with where he was at. So they nerfed him. Didn't you know?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Even if they nerf it by like 1 or 2 %, why nerf it in the first place?

Billy needs more speed at base, not his best addons nerfed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Incredible how the devs managed to get almost everyone here to agree on something. Billy didn't deserve this. I have very little hope that they'll actually listen to us but at least they get enough feedback to know we're not happy. The overheat change won't do much for experienced players and probably make Billy even harder for beginners who have rely on his map mobility above all else.

The changes to his Engravings are going against what they did in patch 5.3.0 (Billy's last buffs, only nerfs since then), where they removed the extra overheat from his Engracings. To top it off they are even nerfing the speed! There are some speed addons in DBD that are problematic. But it's not Billy's Engravings! Why would you limit this killer even further?

Billy is one of DBD's poster children. Yet he gets nerf over nerf over nerf. First, they removed the ability to hit someone at the end of a chainsaw sprint, then he got reworked and his addons killed, his FOV got significantly worse, Skybilly was removed, maps are created without him in mind and then invisible hitboxes added to prevent him from jumping over obstacles and now this. How can they be so cruel?

Someone at BHVR really hates Billy it seems.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Nobody thinks that im sure if you get looped long time they just probably have fun and enjoy facing you. I care about pips until I reach iri it feels like objective you need to reach.