Competitive mode

I'm playig Dead by Daylight since 2020 and for now I found it much healthy implement in the game as basekit borrow time, 10% less action cooldown at killer, perk changes and so on. All of them done in 2022 so our experiences changed a lot about this update both as positive and negative. The assymetric game has a unique gamestyle so it's difficult to balance both side even with statistics can't be speculate the current status of the game. As I read the last Dev. update I found out a more accurate solution about the game balance:

Competitive mode

In this mode survivors can go against the killer in 2 pair or 4 man squad to improve their ability leave the trial as a team and find solution with various challenge as I invented some.

• Perk banishing - both survivors and killer can ban 2 or 4 individual perk at the beggining of the trial. This make the game fair both role and have unique style build by every match.
  • Booster - killer can start the trial with 1 or 2 offers, in my opinion they have the following boost:
    1. Gen slowdown - after you (hooked/downed/killed) a survivor, if you're 24m away from the hook, the generator repair speed reduced by 30%
    2. Exhaustion cooldown - with this offering exhaustion time extended by 20s
    3. Oblivious status effect - affect survivors with various action (e.g.: gen repair, unhooking, cleansing)

...etc

since survivors are 4 times more (even with 16 individual perks) I don't think they need a buff by boosters

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Some maps are have an ability to prevent killers using their power, so here is a minor change for different killers:

• as ranged killers (Huntress, Trickster, Deathslinger) now spawn only outdoor maps
  • stealthy killers (Wraith, Myers, Ghost Face) have more chance spawning indoor maps
  • M1 killers (with no special attack) have more chance spawning on smaller maps

...etc

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

As the rank system is not comparable with other games, the best solution for this is the higher rewards just like how the Rift working nowadays. The top players at every end of the month will be rewarded by cosmetics or Iri shards so there is be a reason playing as hard as I can!

If the Competitive mode will be exist now the current state of the game will be a Casual mode, and Survivor lobbies only playable for solo players, and some rework with the Grade system as can't be losing any pips so the reward will be guaranteed on the 13th of each month.

So that's it, this was my basic suggestion about the Competitive mode how could be balance the "sweaty survivors" problem.

If you have any suggestion or some different opinion against mine please write down in comment, especially tournament players with their more accurate experience!

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,970

I think you forgot to explain how all of this will be better than current patch?

Like Healing has been whack for a long time though, how does "Competitive Mode" fix that?

• Str8surfer
    Str8surfer Member Posts: 14

With the upcoming update I think the biggest problem with the unreasonably nerfing and changes. Like the developers don't know how theirs game working. Nowadays game is on killer side is even sweatier than was before cause survivors got minor perk buffs (new DH just become more powerful whos can timing correctly, unlimited Windows of Opportunity, Off the Record, etc...), so those who just want to enjoy the game there is always a change to run into sweaty swf. If the Competitive mode will be implemented in game, people who want to be challenging they will know what to expect, but whos want to be play normally without any consequences they will play on Casual mod. I don't know what will be the result, I believe with some changes and more ideas it could be work the Comp. system. Let's give it a try...

I have no problem with the previously mentioned healing changes at the developer update, the problem is with the upcoming new healing system mostly affected by solo q survivors. They have different type of playstyle and compare with survivor friends they have no other info than where exactly are on the map, so they have to bring medkit otherwise they vulnearble without medkit.The new healing update should implemented only in Competitive mode (one charge on every Medkit), but other changes. I have clueless since the community hate by the new dev update is big enough so I don't think it's gonna be include at the live version.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

I stopped reading at DH is more powerful.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Here's what will happen if competitive mode is put in.

Players that want to play to win will just go to casual mode because nobody wants to play the game against people that can give them a challenge in this game, they just want to rofl stomp.

If competitive mode is put in the game would have to be changed drastically to accommodate for it, up to and including perks and killers being unable to be chosen easily.