DH Now De-Activates Upon Usage, Regardless of Successful Activation

2»

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

How to make something that could have seen some use for good looper to something that will be buried under the other 90% useless perks.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

This information is accurate.

DH deactivates after you use it, regardless of outcome. You'll need to get another unhook if you fail it.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

The problem is that this perk needed A COMPLETE REWORK, not a nerf.

Even nerfed this perk maintain all the issues that this perk could bring.

So no, i'm not satysfied at all by this nerf since this perk should have never been existed in the 1st place

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Well to be fair, when people normally talk about reworks in this game, they usually mean nerfs.

(See discussions about killer stuff, especially top killers lol)

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 264

i don’t even use DH but it’s hit and miss if it even works because the servers In this game are garbage. but it’s also easily countered- you just need patience.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I’d love them to fix hit Reg but tbh I’d rather it be like this than what it is currently

I seriously don’t think it’s a issue they can realistically fix as well. DBD net code is notoriously pretty shaky

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

Good. Dead hard has been the definition of ez no skill meta perk since its inception and whatever criticisms I may have for BHVRs track record lately they've finally done what should have been done years ago and nuked it completely out of the meta.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

I would say the usage rate of DH in mid to low mmr on EU servers are lower compared to north american server because on EU server are a lot high ping killers.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Most of the time I try and use DH, it never works. I'll see the animation and still get hit. With this new nerf, I really don't see myself using it as my only exhaustion perk anymore due to the very high unsuccessful rate I have with it. Pairing it with another exhaustion perk sounds better.

Also, I'm one of the few players who loves playing with No Mither and even though DH hardly works for me, I still ran that build with it. Now that it's mostly useless to me, I'm afraid I won't be using No Mither that much anymore. ;(

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,724

It's a massive nerf. For those who wanted it mostly out of the game I think they got their wish.

I could see a build that runs it. Deadhard, We'll Make It, Deliverance - take no risks until the first unhook, that gives you a DH, plus a 2nd after the deliverance. If you're going for unhooks constantly We'll Make It can be useful with new healing speeds.

As for the perk itself to keep it viable it should have had one of three additional elements

Either:

No exhaustion, tokens for use, 30 second cool down

Exhaustion occurs on use, but only deactivates on success

Longer speed buff on success

A guaranteed sprint burst or lithe seem like vastly superior perks to one that the survivor might not even be able to access and even then might not pull off successfully.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,619

People should stop thinking that those are the same things:

rework is when you COMPLETELY change something from what was previously (old freddy vs new freddy for example), while nerfs are decreasing the effectiveness of said killer/perk/item/addon

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

I stopped using DH long ago but I still think it was overnerfed. A person is really only going to have the perk once or twice a match. I think it should only be gone after activation by a hit, but it should have a cooldown so you can't spam it in chase.