Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Shouldn't Merciless Storm be killswitched?

Yagot
Yagot Member Posts: 28
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Is nobody else just completely baffled how this perk has not been killswitched?? It has been regressing gens nearly completely for a week or two. It's listed as a known bug. They have the ability to killswitch perks and maps; they did it for swamp when it was bugged, and Inner Healing when it was bugged. But it's okay for killers to slap on a perk that already applies good pressures on some good killers and builds and get free S tier regression out of it?

It is demotivating and disheartening to try to be invested and enthusiastic about this game when the team behind it doesn't seem to be. I never DC on survivor because I don't want to ruin the game for others but I've been DCing from merciless storm games. And the fact that they don't at least turn off DC penalty... what is happening?

Comments

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I bet they think we're all idiots reporting the previous bug it had. Either that or they're so overwhelmed with the PTB feedback that the message is getting lost in the chatter.

• Stabbers
    Stabbers Member Posts: 5

I have run into this issue as well.

Merciless Storm was killswitched rather recently for having issues, so it's likely to happen again once BHVR is aware.

For clarification of the issue: when Merciless storm is triggered on a generator, and a survivor misses a skillcheck, without the addition of any other kind of gen regression, once the generator is unblocked it will have regressed to 10%. please killswitch the perk until this can be resolved as it is easily exploited.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Don't worry, it's even more bugged in the ptb. It regresses gens with every skill check you hit and if you don't miss they keep coming and keeo the gen to 0%.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited March 2023

They killswitched it not long ago, but they took it back (because it was fixed, in theory). The question is, the bug is happening in the PTB or in the live version as well?

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

The issue has been acknowledged already, we have a list of known issues pinned on top of the Bug Report section:

I'm sure that if they believe it's worth killswitching it, they will do it.