Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Would you play a game without the killers?

I have seen people genrush so hard, its almost like the killer is a bother to them that gets in the way of slamming a gen out as fast as they can.

Would you prefer the killer not be there at all?

Comments

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184

The fun of the game is in chases. I look for the killer and run him, let the others do gens

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

And you can get bloodpoints from being chased, getting hook saves, healing, etc. Not everything is about doing gens.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,638

Survivors are demons.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

you get the most from completing generators and escaping.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited April 2023

Honestly, I might.

For other reasons than I would a normal game obviously, and I wouldn't play exclusively this. But I'm never super sad or disappointed to load into a game without a killer player.

I'll do totems, refill my inventory with items I picked from chests, open the gates, get escape bonus bloodpoints. That's all stuff I can rarely do in a normal game, so it's nice.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285
    edited April 2023

oh wow what a perfect example of whiny entitled killer mains in one thread

where to even start...

first of all genrushing just means that the killer is not competent enough to do their objective which slows down gens, I am sure we all know survivors objective is to do gens and killer's objective is to hook them and eventually get them out of the game if the killer is not doing that successfully survivors have more than enough time to finish all the gens fast

even a 4 man swf squad with 4 bnps and hyperfocuses cannot finish all the gens fast if you are just as good or better than them and are able to down them in time, so instead of improving and learning from every game you play what could have been done better it's easier to just blame it all on other players who are literally just doing their objective, it's okay to lose and be worse, like no one's life is on the line.

and second, using head-on, dead hard and flashlight is bullying now? LMAO If you actually feel bullied by pixels you have way bigger problems than DBD and its lack of balance

yeah sure we have streamers and 12 year old kids who want to ''bully'' but you can either just kill them in match by being better player and have that form of satisfaction or just be mature enough to realize this is a video game and you will always have the next match to go where you might have better time. If you are a grown adult getting this bothered by a video game that is soo bad I am sorry, like maybe do not play dbd or pvp games where you have to interact with other people?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

You're on the right track

But that was a terrible example

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

A lot wrong here.

1.) I never said all Survivors. I called out a specific breed of them.

2.) It's not a small minority if I encounter them every night. And I don't play at high MMR.

3.) No, actually I can't play against bots because bots don't earn BP or clear challenges. To me the human element is irrelevant, I want the full scope of the game.

• Shroompy

1) That specific "breed" (assuming youre talking about those with over 2k hours) is a sizeable chunk of the community

2) It is a VERY small amount, unless you count every one who brings a flashlight, head on, dead hard or says "gg ez" in chat. In that case thats a you problem

3) Same applies to that "specific breed" you mentioned before

• WesCravenFan

1.) Yes, it IS.

2.) I count people that do tactics like "The two of us will coordinate Head On stuns around Shack, and Dave will be right behind us with a flashlight. We'll just have one person do gens".

3.) That specific breed isn't playing the game normally, they are playing the game to troll. That's the difference. That crew is not trying to get four unhooks in one game or coop heal four survivors.

• Shroompy

1) It is, but even then a small chunk of that "specific breed" are a VERY small chunk

2) Thats literally just a strategy. Its like saying a killer who tunnels and camps is simply doing it to piss people off and is a bully.

3) See point 2.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302

I don’t like super fast game (not super long ones), so when I see gens have flown by, I’ll cleanse some totems, search some chests, breaks some hooks if I find a toolbox and even see if I can get aggro from the killer. Sure, it may lead to my death (and maybe my teams), but I’d take that chance and have some interaction/fun over just M1 Gen simulator.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

If BHVR brought out a co-op DBD classic mode and made it PvE? I'd be down for that if there were a good leaderboard. No joke. Rework the grinding aspect to make loot fun. Revert the game back to simpler times. Bring back the flashlight clickies with unpredictable AI, and remove the ######### chat filter with 800 or 900 solid responses. Camping? Allowed. Tbagging? Allowed. ######### talking? Allowed.

Shooooot, maybe even change patches every month to keep things fresh with cool cosmetic rewards that people can see if you score high on the leaderboards.

I'd pay good money for that single/co-op player experience.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

Look at the people on twitch. When they beat a killer they mock and ridicule them nonstop. If they lose, they call you a "tunnler" "camper" "hacker" just to justify their loss.

Also, if what I said is wrong, why do 75%+ of survivors Tbag at the gates?

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

Sometimes I consider playing Wraith and standing still somewhere, completely undetectable, just to spectate and see how survivors would react.

• WesCravenFan

FALSE.

It is not "just as strategy" because the Killer is actually doing his objective. This is a false equivalency because you don't power exit gates with stuns.

• Shroompy

But stopping the killer from doing their objective also aids them in doing their own by buying them more time.

So yes it is a strategy whether you like it or not

• WesCravenFan

This would be true if said objective is actually taking place. A killer that forces a hook state is factually doing his objective. The bully squad might be, if someone actually on a gen is doing something. And in either case, they aren't doing it for the objective. Everyone knows the gen rush is better, faster, and more efficient. This is just more misery inducing, and that is the point.

• Shroompy

I mean in what you said earlier you said there is a Survivor doing a gen:

"2.) I count people that do tactics like "The two of us will coordinate Head On stuns around Shack, and Dave will be right behind us with a flashlight. We'll just have one person do gens"."

Yes there are more effective strategies out there, but its still a strategy.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I face those kind of squads like in 1 out of 100 games. You have to be very unlucky facing them often.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Usually not effective stragedy once though bully squad powered gates agains't me when flaslight locker saves were still a thing and I played agains't them fairly...

• WesCravenFan

I was quoting the game in question I played last night. The point is, only the person on the gen was doing the objective. The other three were not "engaging a strategy", they were screwing around. In games were all four of them are doing it (and yes, I've seen plenty of those games, too), then no one is further any objective.

All I am seeing is you reaching really hard to justify playing as dirty as possible in ways that aren't even the objective.

• WesCravenFan

I would gladly trade with you. Maybe it is a time of night thing, since I play on average from 1AM to 5AM, but yes.... I get one about every four hours or so.

So I 100% don't buy the whole "This is a small minority!" argument.

• Shroompy

You're reaching just as hard by trying to justify why people using perks in a video game is equivalent of getting punched and then getting kicked down on the ground. Its generic in game BM its nothing special

• Shroompy

"one every 4 hours or so"

"So I 100% don't buy the whole "This is a small minority!" argument."

Thanks for this, tells me a lot. Enjoy the rest of your day/night

• WesCravenFan

I'm sorry, you think 1 game every four hours is a small minority?

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 199

If 2 gens fly in one minute I just go stand at a gate, cause ######### if they want to just go hit buttons who am i to interrupt them

• Kius
    Kius Member Posts: 140

Pretty SURE MANY MANY people dont say it out loud but I'm sure they would LOVE if dbd had no killer human players and just bot killer. Making it a game to buy cosmetics and bully the non living hell out of an AI.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Talking about a bad example, that's not bullying but straight up assault. Bullying is way more than just physical violence.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

I'd use that game mode to grind challenges like "cleanse 25 totems"

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited April 2023

Without killers, who would survivors have to endlessly taunt, loop, vault and teabag at the exit gates 😀

• Shroompy

Im well aware its a bad example, in my defense I couldn't come up with anything better at the time and even now I dont know how to say that pressing Control repeatedly and using perks in a video game aint bullying

• Bjorkenny
    Bjorkenny Member Posts: 13

Answers to this post really show how childish and entitled most players are.

Wonder what they will say when the survivor queues become a nightmare, because the next patch, between swf teams healing in 5 seconds and no gen regression perks, will surely make many killers go away, like its already happening.

• burt0r

A group ganging up and making fun of an individual falls under bullying in my book.

And that's what full hook denial groups are. They don't want to escape, they want as much "interaction" as possible with the killer. Only that this "interaction" comes at the cost of frustration and anger of the solo individual.

But i know you won't agree with me so don't bother to explain to me why you think different.

I have been bullied by halve my class through elementary and middle school so i know exactly how it feels FOR ME. And those groups aren't much different. Only the visual let's most people distance themselves from it.

• Shroompy

Oh I was bullied up until early highschool and theres nothing in DbD that compares to that, but my experiences were much more on a personal level thanks to things I have no control over.

When it comes to "bullying" online, I start considering it when it starts going outside the game where they specifically go out of their way to mock or harass you. Pressing CTRL and taking advantage of game mechanics isnt bullying. They arent doing it because youre you, theyre doing it because you just so happen to be on the opposing side

Its like saying a guy who talks ######### in a sports game is a bully. Is it fun to deal with some one like that? Absolutely not, but its nothing personal.

• burt0r

Yeah, it's not personal but i personally see it as a problem to have that mentality as soon as they don't view the other side as a person any longer, which isn't the case.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

I love it when random people online try to villanize others out of salt. It's weird how people wanting to play with friends instead of randoms makes them spawn of the Earth demon scum according to a lot of you guys.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

Sadly, thats how many SWF teams are. Its just how 4 people vs 1 works. From what your saying, you probably play a non- absuive SWF exculsively. Which means you won't see how many of them act. Open up twitch and watch survivor gameplay, you'll see them mocking the killer nonstop.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

The villainizing aspect is easy to explain, this game breeds and thrives on both sides having a a visceral contempt for each other.

As the saying goes, "Hell is other people" and DBD makes other people have to serve as your entertainment in ways that a lot of games don't. Few games have went this hard in making the players responsible for each other's fun. We literally can't play the game without each other and since that is the case people take the opportunity to be the worst versions of themselves towards others. Killers and survivors do at fairly equal rates, but survivors get called out more because ultimately there is more of them on than killers most of the time so the ones being sus just feel like a larger portion of people.

Also mechanically killers don't have a lot of ways to ruin a game for survivors en masse. Survivors have more tools to and help at their disposal to not only ruin a killer's day, but also their own teammates' day as well.