Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So survivors nerf update became killer nerf update? KEKW

fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,482

There were only two things I cared the most about in this update: DH and CoH.

DH: so one rescue gives two activations at once? Wow, so we keep seeing this ######### perk in every chase except first two? You know what, BHVR? I'm not sure that you thought about it, but the killers for 7 years of the game have deserved the right to swing at a injured survivor without being afraid to give him a third stage of health. That's was the biggest problem with this perk and it is now still here. To justify this buff by tunneling is very stupid, because it does not work and has never worked this way, but with this update I'll be tunneling a lot more on killers.

CoH: You make healing as it was (imo all healing should be 20 sec, but ok, i don't really care much about this revert), but still decided to buff CoH? 8 seconds to one survivors to be healed? 16 seconds on two? You're a little late with April Fools' jokes, to be honest. Well, two CoHs on the map and now hits doesn't matter even more than before lmao

Yeah, and "but when you crunched the numbers, Circle of Healing rarely provided any benefit." Yeah, you know what? CoB NOW SAVING YOU 4 SECONDS provided that no one touched the generator for a whole minute. How about this numbers? Yeah, you don't care.

PR "buff" still garbage, too situational and pointless. 3 times more weaker than old Pop. And this is if you do not remember that you have only 4 hooks on the map, the spawns of which do not allow you to use this perk the whole game sometimes. At this point, 10 times more weaker, than old Pop.

So lets most boosted survivors perks stay as it was with minor adjustments. Lets revert healing, because before ptb we see problems with it, but now every problem magically disappeared and began to look balanced again lol. Lets destroy all killers regress perk to oblivion and one more time buff survivors genrush perks. (29% Resilience + Overzealous (with cleansed hex) still do nothing about it, wow, really balanced. My new build btw). A small nerf of medkits, which will hardly be noticeable, because 2 CoH on the map and you will be better than before the update. Back to meta, yeah, cool.

Words can't describe how this news turns the whole update upside down. This is absurd and ridiculous. Well, I'll continue to sit on survivors much more and win matches with one button with my swf.

Comments

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

how does one rescue gives two activations at once, have you read the change correctly?

dh is pretty much dead so is coh but coh might be broken with swfs who can coordinate and regroup at the boon and reset in seconds.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983
    edited April 2023
  • fussy

Yes, indeed, I read it wrong at first. Thank you for paying attention to this! Then this perk update is not as bad as it could be.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

CoH is now a risk reward perk.

You need to take the time to set up a Boon and you need two Survivors to heal with it. All of that is essentially free time for me as a Killer.

I expect this to be a somewhat fair patch, though it is difficult to tell. I don't expect it to affect my kill rates much.

• Pulsar

Good Survivors weren't using Self-Care.

Likewise, if you are using only Jolt and you are playing against optimal players, why should you win? You are handicapping yourself and they aren't.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited April 2023

Because i don't want to be playing with jolt, corrupted, eruption and deadlock. Also all those perks are kinda poopoo.

I love using some info perks, and i love slobby. I won't play with 4 crappy gen defenses.

Also youd be surprised how many 2-3k hour survivors ive seen using self care...at those hours they should know better.

In perfect world id like this game to be balanced so killers can actually use perks for chasing and for info without having to worry about gens flying which is the case now.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

But would you go after unhooker if he has 3 health state versus one on unhooked? Now it will be 2 health state vs 2 health state. Actually with the change you don't have to tunnel it's worth to chase someone else especially if you use new pr 25% regression. I will personally tunnel lot less with these changes.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280
    edited April 2023

If i go after the person who got unhooked he or she will be injured and if you hit them during BT they can't use DH anymore. So techically this new DH courages people to tunnel as well. This way you make sure they wont come bodyblock later on with DH in their arsenal. Thats why im saying nothing really changed on the tunneling aspect. Killers will tunnel if they want to tunnel. If killer doesnt wanna deal with DH tunneling is the best option.

Its not like they get insta healed off the hook and im assuming they still need to press that famous E and time it right.

Also i won't use this new pain res. I rather use pop which at least will work during the whole match.

• Pulsar

That's fine.

You shouldn't be able to beat players who are playing optimally (assuming you are at the same skill level) if you aren't also playing optimally.

In order to achieve your idea of balance, we would need to delete ALL gen regression or blocking perks and re-balance the base game.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,672

I still think the self healing change still hits solo q pretty hard, unfortunately.

I'm expecting most people will just run self care (with or without botany), and we'll be back to 'self care in the corner' that existed before boons became a thing. Although there might be a few who still run Circle and spam crouch until someone comes to heal them.

The slow down nerfs will help tho, so I'll have to try it and see how it is in practice.

• Pulsar

The risk is high. 14 seconds spent on a totem is 14 seconds not on a gen.

Take this hypothetical scenario.

Most players will not know every totem spawn and some maps (Midwich, ######### off) have weird spawns. We'll say, considering this, that it takes 25 seconds to find a totem on AVERAGE. 14 seconds to Bless it. We'll say it's a small map and it only takes 10 seconds to run to the Boon range. Now, it's an 8 second heal, I think.

So, in total, we're looking at around a 75 second time investment, assuming the Killer doesn't snuff the Totem prior to you healing.

25 to find + 14 to Bless + 20 (two Survivors run to the Boon) + 16 (two Survivors healing) = 75 seconds of total time investment to heal once.

There are situations where it can be very good, but it won't be consistently good now that it's main strength (self-healing) was completely removed.

• Pulsar

If you think that this CoH nerf wasn't harsh, then you clearly didn't understand what made it strong in the first place.

Oh, and there's more maps without good Boon spots (like Autohaven maps) as there are with good Boon spots (Ironworks).

• Pulsar

Who said anything about Hexes?

Again, like I said, you clearly don't understand WHY CoH was strong.

I don't think it's a bad perk now, just not really worth it unless you're a 4-man, which heavily limits it's usage.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 635

Well, you said there is such a thing as bad spot for Boon to be applied. I said there is no such thing because boon can be applied to any totem and re-applied over and over as long as there is a totem standing.

So you say COH was strong for something else than it's ability to grant free self heal for a single person? Tell me what else it did offer to survivors.

I doubt it's for Swfs. It should work just fine if survivor goes for healer / support build. Of course in Solo Q any build can be hit or miss but that's because it's unknown if your team mates do actually try to play or decide to die on the first hook. The way I see, COH can work with decent randoms and certainly has a purpose.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494
    edited April 2023

Survivor can have ds so he will get back dh... Meanwhile unhooker does not have dh so killer can avoid dh that way for sure. Ofcourse after you're hooked everyone once then hard tunneling someone is good option to avoid dh.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

Too bad new PR doesn’t do that, and actually incentivizes it funny enough.

• Maverick_74F
    Maverick_74F Member Posts: 159

The update was good except for dead hard. They need to kill that perk like they need to kill nurse.

• Pulsar

Oh?

You get to use PR by tunneling? Do tell me more about that.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

I’d rather save my tokens for late game, so the unhooked survivor would be a much more appropriate target for pressure.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308

Coh is a perk I've always despised, I don't care about Dead Hard that much anymore, every killer hates it so I guess it can go as long as I can continue to combo exhaustion perks with No Mither. All in all, this patch is alright, I don't think it's as bad as you're saying though.

• Bjorkenny
    Bjorkenny Member Posts: 13

I knew they would kneel down this time again.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited April 2023

If you want it to be useless till the end be my guest. Enjoy your 1 time proc then you get nothing till you change targets. Unlike before were you could just spam it by forcing trades,camps, and tunnels.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

We´ll see. CoH, with its current 50% bonus healing speed, can currently perform extremely quick heals in combination with med kits and other healing perks. You usually only have to set it up once or twice at the start of the match.

I was actually surprised, that i never see people stacking healing perks to altruistically heal. But maybe that changes with the patch.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

So you want both sides to be treated poorly, as opposed to both sides being treated better?

I like to run mega heal-stack builds (not even necessarily CoH, it's not impressed me that much, and never with medkits), and while it can pay off and be pretty fun, there's also plenty of matches where I just don't get an opportunity to heal others, leaving those perks burning a hole in my pocket. That kind of coordination is still a bit of a pain, particularly for solo queue, so I can understand why people aren't too keen on running healing perks.

CoH feels more bluntly impactful, so it's a more popular pick, even if it isn't necessarily better.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Idk I see those killer perks used a few times in games. Are they strong as they were? No but killers in this game tend to be a bit dramatic and claim any nerf makes that perk less then useless

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yeah this will benefit mostly SWF. I´ve tried it a couple of times, stacking healing perks and Med kits. Its actually insane. I stopped, because as solo, my teammates often run away from me and start to heal themselves under my CoH, while i´m standing next to them...

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

DH is still a fair bit weaker after the patch and CoH is significantly weaker after the patch, so not sure why you're complaining.

• fussy

Yeah, that's the point of my post. Devs just killer sided, you know

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

Also add the fact that solo survivors may stand in the aura for who knows how long waiting for help that might never come (we've all had those games where no one wants to heal you). So that's a survivor injured and off a gen for an extended period of time.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,672

Most survivor perks are already so poor/weak as to not be worth running. Calm spirit got nerfed and wasn't even close to being a 'meta' perk when that happened.

When was the last time you saw Premonition, Solidarity, Visionary, or even Smash Hit?

Survivor items are being 'gutted' harder than any killer perks. Not saying that medkits or BNP aren't in need of tuning, but most items aren't even worth considering outside of extremely niche use cases.

Maps have never been great, keys are a joke since the hatch changes, flashlights are being toned down in large chunks every patch or so, medkits get the axe in 6.7. Which leaves basically toolboxes untouched, and BNP does need a nerf, so likely toolboxes as a whole are getting nerfed whenever that happens.