When did you have the most fun playing this game?

For some reason early 2021 really sticks out to me.

I know the game was still pretty unfair to most killers but killers also had some pretty broken stuff they could use(pinky finger, Nurse range and recharge, scalped topknot, iri head etc), also with the old ranking system, there was a decent range of skill at rank 1 which meant not every game would be a sweat fest. I feel like the community was also a bit better than what it is now(emphasis on bit), and at this point the long chain of killers with anti-loop powers had only began.

Obviously there were issues, loads of issues, but there was no:

Nemesis, Artist, Pinhead, Eruption, COH, Eyrie, Garden of Pain, RPD, Hexes being neutered, condemned Sadako, Knight, 3 gen meta, MMR pushing people to sweat, lobby back-filling, Skull merchant, rampant oversexualization, boring survivor perk design, AND Maurice was not touched.

Comments

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

4th year anniversary, my first major event. When I was still discovering the game, and it was the biggest blast and spoiled with all the cakes. That said, killer was the most peak fun for me summer-winter 2021 when I was unemployeed and started to learn billy and huntress and played for hours and grinded the hell out of them/the game in general. I know it sounds corny but dbd legit kept me sane and gave me something to work for while I had nothing.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 200

Uh, before Doctor got reworked?

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690

Nurse release- The "just mind game the infinites" being addressed along with Nurse being completely different killer from the rest of the roster was a blast of a patch.

Myers release- Super F'ing sick time to play the game. I remember back then getting drunk and playing Myers on Halloween. "You feel like you are actually Myers"- Prob some IGN reviewer.

Freddy release- Another amazing time for the game before they blew both his kneecaps out. Like Nurse he was just so different for the time that made it so enjoyable with it also being a big IP

Blight release- I found Blight to be a ton of fun on release. I mostly played him at this time and sadly had to drop him when they changed his FOV. Unfortunately I get headaches just by playing at 60 FPS( was resolved when buying a high refresh monitor) and with his FOV changing I started to notice issues if I didn't use Shadowborn. Sadly I don't play with that perk since I feel the need to always use it and using it on Nurse literally makes me have to quit game if I ever dare play her with it on since It feels like a slingshot when using her blink.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Peak DBD was right before MMR and CoH released, can’t remember which patch.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Dbd matches felt more fast and intense when gen speeds were 80. A small part of me wishes they went back.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I was having fun for the couple months on hag before CoH and dh validation got added. But playing blight at the start of 2022 was the most fun I had.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited April 2023

2018-19

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

The 6 months prior to the release of eScape Based MatchMaking. I was finally getting decent at the game and while SoloQ could be a massive pain in the back, there were so many fun matches even when you hit Iri 1. It's been all downhill since then.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

I have fun now. With Sadako. ^^

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308

I feel like the game would benefit from faster matches, maybe it could be turned into a side mode, but a game mode where gens took 60 seconds, and survivor had two hook states would be nice.

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184
    edited April 2023

2018 / 2019

It sucks the game has licences in a way. Imagine if they could do what wow does, rotation the patches and let us play like, 1.0 for a while. Then 3.0, 2.0, keep rotating them.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

2018 & 2019 were the best days of DBD imo; including the array of glitches ( Gigantic Survivor glitch was my absolute fav🥳).

Just a really special n memorable experience, all around, w some of the most fun matches I’ve ever had.

DBD really felt like a chill party game back then, with extremely mild toxicity levels.

• Dbdfan398
    Dbdfan398 Member Posts: 184

Its a shame licencing is in this game in a way. Imagine if they could do a WoW and do like, patch 1.0 live. So we can play different patches, and rotate them.

Imagine how cool it would be to play like version 2.0, 4.0, keep rotating it. Sadly licencing wouldnt allow it.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,100

When Dead Hard gets nerfed, so maybe next patch.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    edited April 2023

Honestly? Right now. I main Knight and Skull Merchant and never looked back. Knight because his power fits my macro-oriented playstyle perfectly, and Skull Merchant for similar reasons (Though I mainly play her to get better at chasing because she's just a standard M1 Killer). But my tastes are also unusual, and many of the complaints about both Killers are quite valid.

And the next patch is looking like it might be the most fun one yet; no more Dead Hard to screw up my carefully-laid plans with a third health state at the worst possible time, a perk that rewards me for spreading hooks, and nerfs to Medkits. Auto-Bloodweb is neat too.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

2018 Halloween event

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I miss the whole mini game of hooking each survivor at least once for BBQ stacks. Bloodpoints were a good motivator.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

Why not play with the new Pain Res, then? The basic concept is the same.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

The Anniversary Event when Nemesis dropped.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

2019 was the best year for DBD for me. No unnecessary "meta shakeups", fun perks for both sides, old maps with a creepy aesthetic, fun games at a casual level. Sure there were a lot of bugs (mainly the flying survivor one lol), but I had a lot of fun back then.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

For me, that was when we had Ruin 1.0

As killer that was the only regression and slowdown perk they needed. Granted survivors had a bunch of busted stuff but killers could play around it.

As survivor, the only problematic things about killers was add-ons.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

Playing as Freddy before his rework :(

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

4th year anniversary, which was when I was brand new to the game.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

late 2020-2021, I played a bit in 2019 but I didn't enjoy it as much because I had no one to play with. Honestly this is the first time in half a year I logged onto dbd after focusing on Apex and OW2