The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which perks are the hardest counters for each killer?

Dehitay
Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

I noticed some killers have survivor perks that hard counter them. So I was wondering which perks do you think are the hardest perk counters for each killer specifically? The obvious ones are

Trapper - Small Game
Doctor - Calm Spirit
Hag - Urban Evasion
Legion - No Mither / Resilience

But what do you think about the rest?

Nurse - Dead Hard?
Spirit - Lightweight?
Pig - Spine Chill?
Wraith - Spine Chill?
Hillbilly - ?
Huntress - ?
Leatherface - ?
Myers - ?
Freddy - ?
Clown - ?

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

From a main Wraith...

Honestly, any Killer-aura-reveal Perk is a direct counter to him, as long as he's cloaked.

Funny enough, the more and/or better the "Shadow Dance" Add-ons a Wraith has on, the better Alert becomes, since he'll leave the location of the broken pallet/damaged Generator sooner, giving Alert more time to show where he's going.

As you mentioned, Spine Chill is probably the best counter though.
    It's a rare Perk for me to encounter, so you won't ever see me moonwalk to a Generator.
    But that makes it only better for those who do run it, since it'll work against me.

If you have a camping Wraith, Kindred is your best friend.

Premonition works too. (Which is real fukn stupid, but whatever, it's underused anyway, it shouldn't get nerfed.)

On a sidenote, i'd like to mention Perks like Diversion & Stake Out depend on the terror radius, making them significantly weaker against him.

• PreGum
    PreGum Member Posts: 64
    For spirit I think iron will is a much harder counter than light weight. She relies heavily on hearing when using her power, so if she can’t hear you, it’s much harder for her to track you down with Yamaoka’s Haunting 
  • Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Dehitay said:
    I noticed some killers have survivor perks that hard counter them. So I was wondering which perks do you think are the hardest perk counters for each killer specifically? The obvious ones are

Trapper - Small Game
    Doctor - Calm Spirit
    Hag - Urban Evasion
    Legion - No Mither / Resilience

But what do you think about the rest?

Nurse - Dead Hard?
    Spirit - Lightweight?
    Pig - Spine Chill?
    Wraith - Spine Chill?
    Hillbilly - ?
    Huntress - ?
    Leatherface - ?
    Myers - ?
    Freddy - ?
    Clown - ?

Myers - Sprint Burst. You can run away out of his line of sight pretty easily with this perk.
    Freddy - Adrenaline. I was originally going to say Distortion, but that only works 3 times, so Freddy's aura ability would just chew through Distortion tokens like nothing.

I don't know about the other ones, though.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

For Myers, Spine Chill mainly.

For Huntress, MAYBE Dead Hard. But considering how many hatchets they usually have, you will only dodge a single one because of this perk. Otherwise, no counter.

Urban Evasion being a counter to Hag is 50-50. Sometimes its better for them not to trigger traps if you placed them strategically. And knowing how UE users play their rounds...

For Leatherface, maybe any exhaustion perk, even though they will only counter one chainsaw charge. Borrowed Time sometimes works, but if a Leatherface is lucky, he can also make it utterly useless.

For Freddy, Adrenaline. It not only wakes them up, but it also heals them. So, that means two whole interactions with the Survivor made redundant, unlike most Killers who only have one interaction reverted.

Pig is an interesting one. Spine Chill only counters her if she tries ambush a lot. Distortion somewhat counters Amanda's Letter, but only letting you know she is running it. Basically, there are no perks that fully counter her, just perks that counter her different playstyles.

I dont think there is any perk that counters Clown. Maybe generator speed perks, but that is a general problem.

For Spirit, both Iron Will and Spine Chill will cripple her greatly. Makes you harder to track once injured, and lets you know if she is coming your way.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Freddy = SELF CARE

• Gorgonzola
    Gorgonzola Member Posts: 176

Iron will is definitely the best counter for Spirit. Remember the Mother-Daughter ring? People can win with that and you don't even see scratches.

For Huntress I would say Dead Hard may really screw her over, but well, it all depends.

For Pig and Wraith I would also say Object of Obsession, especially with swf, their ability become just useless in such a case.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

Trapper - Small game/Slippery Meat

Wraith - Sprint Burst

Hillbilly - None

Nurse - Iron will

Doctor - Calm spirit

Leatherface - None

Pig - Sprint Burst

Clown - None (calm spirit doesn't matter)

Legion - Sprint burst (or any exhaustion perk)

Spirit - Iron will

Huntress - None (urban evasion can be strong on some loops)

Hag - Urban evasion (kinda)

Myers - Spine chill?

Freddy - self-care/Adrenaline

There are perks which are strong against all killers such as sprint burst and spine chill but I feel like these are the combos that really eat into a killers power.

For example, Wraith and Pig are about sneaking up on survivors and getting a surprise attack but sprint burst throws that out of the window. It's stronger against them than other killers because it completely counters their ability to stealth attack.

Nurse and spirit have limited vision and so iron will is known as one of the strongest perks against them. Spirit especially.

Urban evasion doesn't counter the hag so much as often survivors will be herded towards traps or step on then unaware but it does make going for unhooks far, far easier.

Freddy - not a direct counter but really cuts down the potential of his power.

Myers - I guess spine chill counters his stalking but it's not really needed.

Legion - a nicely timed sprint burst can completely make him waste his feral frenzy. Same for any exhaustion perks but SB is easier to pull off.

Sprint burst OP lol

Post edited by The_Crusader on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Thats my list of perks that have the biggest impact against certain killers:

Trapper - DS

Doctor - DS

Hag - Urban Evasion

Legion - DS

Nurse - Urban evasion and/or Dead Hard

Spirit - Iron will

Pig - Sprint burst

Wraith - DS

Hillbilly - DS

Huntress - DS

Leatherface - DS

Myers - DS

Freddy - SC

Clown - DS

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

My picks:

Huntress - Dead Hard

Nurse - Dead Hard

Leatherface - DS

Hillbilly - DS

Clown - Iron Will

Doctor - Iron Will

Spirit - Light Weight

Myers - Premonition

Freddy - Self Care

Trapper - Small Game

Legion - Sprint Burst

Pig - Sprint Burst

Hag - Urban Evasion

Wraith - Urban Evasion

Plague - maybe vigil?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

these are the perks that i feel were pretty much designed to hardcounter a Trapper (or at least help you deal with the Traps):

1. Slippery Meat
    2. Small Game
    3. Saboteur
    4. Dead Hard

i believe Trapper is the only Killer that has that many hard counters... not to mention bad RNG, Toolboxes, multiple Survivors (can get a trapped Survivor out of a Trap asap) or simply aware Survivors...

so, if you expect a Trapper, you can literally make yourself an Anti-Trapper build...

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Im not gonna put DS up there since it basically "counters" every killer currently.

Trapper: DH, Small Game, Saboteur, Slippery Meat

Myers: Sprintburst, Spine Chill

Huntress: Urban Evasion

Nurse: Urban Evasion, Dead Hard

Billy: Dead Hard

Bubba: Sprint Burst

Freddy: Selfcare, Adrenaline

Spirit: Iron Will, Light weight

Legion: Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Adrenaline

Clown: Calm Spirit, but that's very Minor

Doc: Calm Spirit

Hag: Urban Evasion

Wraith: Sprint Burst

Pig: Sprint Burst

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Lightweight does ######### against Spirit. During a chase, if your scratchmarks stay for 3 seconds less, it wont matter at all.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Sprint burs, Self care, Decisive strike and Adrenaline. Boom. You countered each and every killer in the game (including the Nurse).

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Yeah, Trapper does have more perks that counter him specifically because when the game was first being made, he was the only killer, so perks like Small Game and Slippery Meat were designed to counter the killers when only one killer was available.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited March 2019

Spine Chill doesn't counter Pig as hard as Sprint Burst does. You can see her coming from a mile away on any map with low obstructions (all farm maps, swamp maps, most of Red Forest, etc.). On top of this, if walls are close and wrap around to objectives, you'll likely here her breathing before she's in range. This makes Lery's her strongest map, but again, her breathing... It's louder than Myers, imo.

Calm Spirit prevents the scream, which can be useful.

Post edited by Eninya on