If in a game a killer gets you in a corner is it ok to still hit them or use billys chain saw

Options
bacon
bacon Member Posts: 356

Or do you have to let them out be for hitting them. Im not talking about keeping them blocked for a long time. Like if your plague can you puke on them then insta down them or do you have to let them out of the corner?

Answers

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767
    Options

I multiple times managed to block a survivor in a corner till i recovered my overheat to chainsaw them, if you block them in a corner for a reasonable amount of time it's completely fine

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

As long as it's not blocked for the purpose of BM (keeping them there longer than necessary, behaving obnoxiously at them like spamming power*) but genuinely to recover your power and down them then it's all good.

(*Not talking about Plague, more about Doctor spamming you with shocks to make you scream or Wraith ringing bell in loop to taunt you)

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

After EGC starts, you can bodyblock them until the end of the timer, if you wish so.

Before EGC starts, you can't keep them there at your whim. If you corner them while waiting for your power, or things like a hook rescue to get your Devour Hope stack, that's perfectly fine. You have leeway. However, if you just stand there for an extended period just so they can't do anything, you'll become reportable eventually. There's no set amount of time when that turns to griefing and bannable, it's up to whom who reviews the report and the circumstances.

Takeaway point is that it can 100% become bannable and there are people out there who record their games and will submit the tickets if that happens. I would know, because I got a 2k+ hour player banned for that (yeah, I ran in one of those stupid dead ends on Gideon 1 min into the match. And there wasn't even a map offering).

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

That's a mispositioning from their part, down them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,071
    Options

Down them. It's only bannable if you hold them there as a troll maneuver for an extended period of time. Nothing wrong taking advantage of their bad positioning to down them though.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,269
    Options

You can keep a Survivor bodyblocked to get a down/charge up your power. There are multiple killers that can do this, not just Billy or Plague

The only time it becomes an issue is if you specifically hold them in the corner for an extended period of time with no intent of hitting/downing them. As this would be taking them hostage

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Blocking a survivor with the intent to down them with a power with a charge up time is not reportable.

I even had one time where I blocked in a survivor and farmed Myers Tier 3 on them. Didn't feel bad about it.

It's only reportable if you block them in with no intent to hit/down/kill with egc. If you are blocking them just to stop them from playing the game with no intent to advance your objectives, then it's not OK.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,772
    Options

I've tucked myself into some pretty stupid corners before. The killer would be silly not to capitalise on that.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

but doesn’t Myers lose collision when he is stalking? 🤔

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Now I did that to a Survivor as Billy but kept reving my saw as they shook their head no as I did yes making them sweat and I just let them go messing with them.

I loved messing with fun Survivors but lately it's all about BMing the Killer or just escape asap and I lost finding those fun Survivors.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133
    Options

The likely hood you would be outright banned for this even IF there is verifiable proof you held someone hostage is actually low anyway.

Not an endorsement, I just say that to say don’t sweat it, as bans outside of hacking are exceedingly rare, so you won’t end up in a situation that is misinterpreted as holding hostage and then banned (which is why I assume you made the post).

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

as bans outside of hacking are exceedingly rare

would love to see your source on ban statistics if you don’t mind sharing?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options

There's always a blind dead-end little room downstairs on Gideon that is just waiting for my happy ass to run into...

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

You gotta admit trapping them in a corner and using your power is lowkey satisfying

• bacon
    bacon Member Posts: 356
    Options

Thanks all