The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Perk Graphic Editing Allowed Now?

Canextro
Canextro Member Posts: 71
I see many people nowadays using Happyclown's colored perks but I remember that the perk colors were bannable at some point. Is this no longer a thing? I would love to use them if not.

Best Answers

Answers

• Canextro

@Might_Oakk said:
    Some streamers have been playing with altered perks for a month+

You know some salty virgin somewhere reported them day 1. So I'd say it's 100% safe at this point. If BHVR were todo something about it they would have to warn people first at this point.

Yeah ok I thought so. Just don't want to be banned for such a silly reason as that.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Some streamers have overlays on their Obs which isn’t messing with their game files and isn’t  bannable 
  • Canextro

@Jesya said:
    Some streamers have overlays on their Obs which isn’t messing with their game files and isn’t  bannable 

Oof too late now. Already downloaded them and edited the pngs soooo

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    edited June 2018

@Jesya said:

I was reffering to Zubat, he talked about how he altered the files etc. and didn't get in any trouble. He wasn't sure if he would at the time though and suggested people do it at their own risk. He was the first I saw doing it.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Canextro said:

@Jesya said:

Oof too late now. Already downloaded them and edited the pngs soooo

So better check your files in steam to download original files, before you get banned by EAC.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I would personally like to see a Dev address it, to be sure

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@MineAntoiya said:
    I would personally like to see a Dev address it, to be sure

They will answer it as always - "It is not on our blacklist, BUT if you get banned by EAC we won't help." And EAC really likes banning people for a reskins of icons, but not actual cheaters.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

@Might_Oakk said:

@Jesya said:

I was reffering to Zubat, he talked about how he altered the files etc. and didn't get in any trouble. He wasn't sure if he would at the time though and suggested people do it at their own risk. He was the first I saw doing it.

Ahh ok. Yes, Zubat has said he has edited his files. Other streamers have overlays to hide/change their perks.

• Canextro

Ok I just reverted the changes just to be safe. Hopefully tampering with the icons won't have an effect in the future. Still want my colored perks though :'(

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@Might_Oakk said:
    Some streamers have been playing with altered perks for a month+

You know some salty virgin somewhere reported them day 1. So I'd say it's 100% safe at this point. If BHVR were todo something about it they would have to warn people first at this point.

They have already warned people against this, they said right now it is not something EAC is catching, but if they change something and now detect an alteration to a game file, then yeah you can get banned, and BHVR will do nothing to help you get unbanned.

What is the point to change the files anyways, just leave it alone.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If there's a chance you could get banned for something so trivial, why bother?

• Canextro

@thesuicidefox said:
    If there's a chance you could get banned for something so trivial, why bother?

Because the perk coloration Happy Clown did looks really nice and it'd be a cool way to spruce up a rather bland aspect of this game. Just made the game and their perks look a lot nicer is all.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Per MLGA being accepted by BHVR as “common” despite being a non-whitelisted 3rd party app that affects gameplay, BHVR cannot be upset about any 3rd party apps.

Essentially, anything is “ok” as long as they cant detect it. Clearly they are ignoring speedhacking videos, so this seems accurate.