The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Least favorite Killer to face and why?

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
edited July 2023 in General Discussions

Just doing a quick little research on the communities opinion. (P.S. Hi everyone that remembers me, I missed you all! Its been a little while.)

I will go ahead and participate by saying Legion is my least favorite Killer to face. The mending simulator is a huge portion of it. Overall they are just so mediocre to me lore, design, and power-wise.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

Knight, Billy, Legion, I used to love twins but do there hotboxes feel so unfair sometimes.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    edited April 2023

Plague, legion, skull merchant. Obvious reasons.

I’m really not a fan of Freddy either.

EDIT -Knight is absolutely terrible. So is artist.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

Trapper

My diet which consists of magnets, magnets, and more magnets, are not ideal when going against crunchy toes

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Bubba, because of 100% camping.

Pyramidhead/Wraith/Nemesis/Legion, because almost always tunneling.

All others are pretty much OK.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,826

The saw brothers. Bubba's usually camp and it's always the same point blank saw with Billy.

Merchant gets an dishonorable mention due to how 90% of people play her.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Hi Unicorn! I remember you, good to have you back.

Surprisingly hard question cause i don't usually focus on negatives too much but if i had to pick probably hag.

More of how little the avarage soloq teammate knows about her then hag herself but yeah.

Nothing more agrevating then crouching to the hook for the unhooked person to instantly run and trigger the trap resulting in you getting make your choiced

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,261

Wraith- the character isn’t too bad (though I hate his snarling), it’s just the players who play him usually seem to be miserable people.

Trapper- I learned how weak he is against good survivors but that doesn’t change the fact that I get anxiety every time I go against him due to the fact that I always step in a trap when I get chased.

Tentacle Daddy- The killer himself is fine but Barbra and Harold always find me and chase me off of gens. I’m a magnet to them.

Freddy- His power is boring, attracts the same players as Wraith and I hate the dreamworld. He’s in dire need of an overhaul.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Trapper, Hag and Pig... by far my least favorite Killers to face

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I have an irrational dislike for Deathslinger. It's not even that he's strong, his TR just makes me depressed.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 967

Blight. He has for too much going on. Nightfall is abhorrent.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Me seeing hate towards Dredge, Billy, Sadako and Plague makes me want to cry ಥ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ಥ

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Pinhead. His power is super obnoxious.

Legion. Just mending simulator games. As much fun as watching paint dry.

Skull Merchant. 30+ minute matches of drone camping three gens.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

Trickster. His knives are so aggravating to deal with and there’s no counterplay to it other than just running forward and hoping he’s bad.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612
    edited April 2023

I only actively like only going against one killer, but I can name the 3 I can't stand the most though.

• Pinhead, the anti-solo queue man himself. I want to tear my hair out because unless you got a good matchmaking lobby solo q is just horrific in this. No one goes for the box until it's too late, and people make the werirdest decisions like 'I'm death hook, I'm the only one on death hook, and I'm injured, I'ma get the box :!)' and then it's a 3v1 at 2 gens left. I also find his voice lines really annoying and distracting.
    • Huntress. I'm going to be honest, perhaps borderline a skill issue - but I think she has the problem of she's eventually going to down you that trickster has. I don't think being unpredictable (like switching the way you juke) is good enough counterplay because stuff like that forces you into a 50/50 (which is my main issue with nurse), and even if you take cover and break line of sight (which, is counterplay) is map dependent and you are at the mercy of your hitbox and latency if you try to take cover. The last time I played against huntress I was behind a wall completely, and I still got downed from latency. Ironically, I main huntress and have poured hundreds of hundreds of hours into her and a lot of times I think my god some hits I'm making are bs. I don't think she's op, and I think she's mostly balanced, I just find it annoying and you face them so often.
    • Trapper. Completely on me. I am a goldfish and will step in the same trap twice.

Runner ups are nurse and blight because people give up immediately with them, I don't even blame them sometimes, but just makes for bad matches.

edit: oh my god I forgot about the worst of them all hag. I want chases, which she does not provide. I block her out of my memory and forgot all about her

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 693

Hag, no contest. Especially when they use the addon where the traps go off invisibly. I'd rather get 3-genned by skull merchant 10 times in a row.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

My bottom 3 are Twins, Hag, and Trickster, in that order.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 277

Nemesis. His zombie AI are free gen slowdown and they're just annoying to deal with as surv. Plus my brain from some reason turns to mush whenever I loop him, I just cant juke his whip unless the player is extremely new. Same goes for good Deathslingers. Skull Merchant is becoming a very close second.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

Freddy. I know he's weak, but it bothers me to face him I never understood why.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Plague.

Shutting down an entire game mechanic thanks to her power makes her quite boring to me.

Also, her apparent counterplay isn't really counterplay but rahter a lose lose scenario. You either cleanse and give her 60 seconds of Omega Huntress or you don't cleanse and you're permanently exposed and easy to track. Also, the constant coughing is really annoying on some Survivors.

Then there is the solo reason I hate her so much, solo teammates will cleanse cleanse and cleanse left and right, they won't try to stay broken even for a second and will cleanse at the most detremental times possible.

Yeah, that's my little rant on her entire design.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Pinhead, there is nothing less fun then playing against a pinhead who knows box locations

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Pinhead because I usually play solo queue and he’s stupidly OP if you can’t communicate with your teammates to know who is going to the box.

Overall worst (for solo and SWF) would be Legion. Such a terrible killer design that encourages incredibly long and boring mend simulator matches.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Wesker/trickster. I hate hearing their audio mess. Makes me want to DC every time. I don’t of course.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,718

knight. the easiest question in the universe

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389

Why knight? I don't love knight by any means but I don't think I hate him nearly as much as most

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

Snore Merchant. Not sure what I would have answered before her introduction.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

there are quite a few contenders.

Clown and Plague not so much because of mechanics but visual/sound design of their powers.

Wraith mostly because I only ever see best add-ons Wraith played mostly by people who are of a particular kind. One that I stay clear of if given the choice.

These come to mind first but its rather subjective and conditional.

As for a General dislike, regardless of the soecific build but just the mechanuc it gotta be Pinhead. The way the box and the chains work is just something that makes me want to just go do a Narnia tech on a regular basis.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,570

Huntress, Freddy, and Trickster. Haven't played against enough Skull Merchants to form a hate for her but I probably will eventually.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580
    edited April 2023

Twins, Birdie, Legion. It's almost never fun.

Plague when the team sucks.

Trickster with the bouncing add-on.

Huntress with the iridescent hatchet.

I've never versed a SM so I can't tell anything about it.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

I don't like Pig.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

Spirit, I'm not sure why no one is giving her any hate. Playing against her just feels like run in a random direction and hold m1 on gens simulator.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

PC Blights, hug teching is unfair. 😒

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

I play solo too, and honestly 9 times out of 10 if I don't grab the box then no one will. The only thing that makes Pinhead games bad are a bad batch of team mates.