Want to reduce toxicity?

Start by shutting down discussion on the boards that is not related to bug reporting and ideas for improving the game. The boards breed a lot of toxicity between survivors and killers. Chicken/egg as to whether in-game chat or the boards are worse, but shutting down all this blaming killers or survivors on the boards would go a long way to lower the level of disgust back and forth. I get tired of seeing it. Can't find the good stuff due to all the crying.

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Tarvesh said:
    So...Get rid of the first amendment?
    You have no first amendment rights if you live outside the US. You also have no first amendment rights if you live in the US but use a company’s forum for discussion because that company sets the rules for speech on their forum.
    Well, it was more or less a joke, lol
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited February 2019

For the most part, it was a joke, as Chaotic said. The people on this board are part of the toxic problem.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Thing is just case you shush some one dosn't really do any thing. Toxic behavior will simply manifest in other ways. I personally prefer an open dialog what ever may come rather then a censor based on feefee's. Least this way you know what your getting into before ya join the community and having a thick skin comes with it. Those who can think rationally know to pay no heed to the toxicity of dialog presented. Those who don't could use a lesson in not acting like a spoiled child just because some one else is debasing them self in such a manner. Least that's my 2 cents.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Shut down the game also because people in it are toxic.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I like toxicity.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    I like toxicity.
    To be fair it is your power
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

let toxicity flow, what do u expect from a game that is about slaughtering others and surviving?

I like toxicity too

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

no u

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I am not toxic. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a noob, a camper, a tunneler and a Minecraft player.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@RoKrueger said:
    I am not toxic. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a noob, a camper, a tunneler and a Minecraft player.

How dare you?! I've never played Minecraft in my life!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tarvesh said:
    Chaotic_Riddle said:

You have no first amendment rights if you live outside the US. You also have no first amendment rights if you live in the US but use a company’s forum for discussion because that company sets the rules for speech on their forum.

You know, there is similar stuff like the 1st amendment in other countries :wink:

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2019
    Master said:

@Tarvesh said:
    Chaotic_Riddle said:

You know, there is similar stuff like the 1st amendment in other countries :wink:

Limited freedom of speech is not similar to complete freedom of speech. ;)

The only speech not protected by the 1st Amendment in the US is inciting immediate violence or harm.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Some people are grown ups and can handle the toxic ######### in and around the game. Others apparently can not. We are all still playing a ######### VIDEO GAME! Maybe don't take it so serious and enjoy it.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Just keep calm and focus your hate on Legion, Freddy, and Doctor.
  • SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    RoKrueger said:
    Don't insult Minecraft, you uncultured swine! Save that crap for useless games like Roblox. 
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I get the feeling that some people thought this was serious.

No - It was sarcasm for those who complain about toxicity in the game. Just move along, nothing to do about it. The game breeds it, as does much of the crap on the net. Personally, I play a game for fun, if you are an arse-hat, I move along. I've met several fun people in this game and will take those instances when I can.