The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

*was just introduction again.. phew* New update has reset my game (PC)

Paul0121
Paul0121 Member Posts: 26
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

I have downloaded and installed the new update today and it is making me start the game from scratch again ?

Comments

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133

Do you mean like… progress wise?

• Paul0121

Like asking me to go through all the introduction to the game stuff again with no option to skip, grudgingly going through it now.

• Paul0121

Thank the dbd god's, my game is fine, I just had to go through the introduction again.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180

Yeah, i think it was their way of giving us some bloodpoints for the new bloodweb but it just ended up being annoying

• kreX
    kreX Member Posts: 20

I think the GameUserSettings.ini at the old location is not used anymore? I have similar thing, with Vsync on and FPS capped at 60. Where is this file? Anyone know?

• MulleSnulle
    MulleSnulle Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Mine too. What? Hoping not all is gone and its back to start????

• Kaius
    Kaius Member Posts: 21

They changed where your game settings are stored, which for some reason makes you do the tutorial again. Your save data should be fine, just do the tutorials again.

And also on that note... check your settings. Especially if you use certain accessibility features.