killer is too pampered

Options

do you agree that this nerf is very unbalanced between killers and survivors?

with the nerf of dead hard and circle of healing making the rhythm of the game very unbalanced, let's take the example of the shape with its ult where one hit it immediately dies

especially with the addition of the red add ons which makes the ultimate never run out until the game is over and can even do memento even the survivors haven't been hit even once. Is the behavior crazy enough to change the rhythm of the game like this?

we take the example again with the killers that make it difficult for players like the pig. trappers or even killers who use stacks like xenobites. killer basically has been designed to be overpowered with all its abilities but it's a bit slow in movement but there are also some killers that are designed to run fast like legion and the blight for this update I feel very disappointed because of the imbalance in the strength of survivors and killers I hope behavior hears the complaints of the players. how many more times do you want to make a rhythm game like this? I'm not a new player I touch Iridescent rank every month and my account level is already level 500 I understand how to play but this update makes me disappointed

Comments

• dkramdani
    dkramdani Member Posts: 4
    Options

hi i dont think both killers are overpowered i was just taking an example did i mention that they were overpowered before?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

Tombsones are fine and myers just should be buffed never run out of stalk. Also his tier 1 should have normal lunge.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,609
    Options

"we take the example again with the killers that make it difficult for players like the pig. trappers or even killers who use stacks like xenobites. killer basically has been designed to be overpowered with all its abilities"

I'm not really sure how else to interpret this.

I'm totally down for points #2 and #3, but you can't seriously tell me that Tombstone Piece is okay. Being able to boot someone out of the game 45 seconds in isn't healthy or fair, especially because you don't even have to interact with that player in order to get stalk out of them.

Judith's Tombstone is at least properly balanced (slowed speed, generally has to be paired with inf T3 for an even longer windup) even if I don't think it creates very fun games.

• dkramdani
    Options

I think you misinterpreted. I mean the difficulty in question is something that bothers the survivors who have to do it

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,805
    Options

I gotta disagree with nearly everything u said. TS peice definitely should get nerf severely tho

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

Survivors have to misplay big time to myers get someone that quickly out. Tombstones add ons have lot of counters so yes piece is fine I think judith could be buffed that myers can mori survivor hiding in locker. It takes lot of time to get tier 3 especially with it. I think it's just lore accurate myers to kill survivors.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

To be fair, the nerfs to altruistic healing were hella overkill and needed to be dialed back. The nerfs to self healing largely remained intact. I still think DH took a heavy blow here, but maybe I am being optimistic (I am sick to death of DH). I still see these changes leading to survs spending a lot more time healing each other than working on objectives.

I think a lot of people don't aprreciate just how busted medkits were (especially the green one). They felt downright dirty to use. They'll still be used, but to much less effect.

Is that enough so to balance cutting the legs out from the existing slowdown meta? No, probably certainly not. If we don't see some new slowdown perk buffs in the near future, in retrospect it will have clearly been a surv sided patch, but just not as one sided as they usually are.

• Peachblow
    Peachblow Member Posts: 29
    Options

I think prior to the game's update today, we saw a relatively balanced game between killer and survivors, especially after the Eruption nerf. The Incapacitated de-buff was pretty lame. Though I'd say the patch was ever-so-slightly killer favoured this time around. The game will usually always be a little more killer-favoured since it's 4v1 though, especially so if it's a party filled with solo-queuers. Solo-queuing will always be more of a challenge, though the survivor status indicator helped with that to a small extent. There is still just too large of a gap between solo-queuing and organized parties and I think that's where the main issues rest on overall. Other multi-player games do solo-queuing fairly well (dare I say League of Legends with their ping/toggle system). That's for another topic of discussion though.

There were still some annoyances on both sides, but they're both relatively easily countered. I get the Dead Hard nerf, but it's tremendously easy to bait it out. The killers complaining are just small brained. Circle of Healing didn't really need a nerf. It's not totally gutted, but it's relatively useless once again to a solo-queue since, generally speaking, solo-queuers are more selfish with their builds since they can't coordinate with other survivors. Maybe allowing survivors to see each other's load-out could help?

Call of Brine was a likely nerf as well since there were a handful of gen regression perks available. Though again, it was still relatively easy to counter so long as you weren't three-gen'd. With the way it is now, it's not really much of a nerf though. Still very usable. Pain Resonance wasn't horrible how it was once it proc'd for the first time. Again, easy to counter the blast-aspect of it. It probably shouldn't be a Scourge Hook with the way it is now though so that's a negative change and probably won't be utilized much at all any more.

A bit unrelated here, but I do agree with the previous poster that Myers' Tombstone needs a total re-work. If Myers' kills everyone early on, everyone's overall score is low. Killer probably safety-pips, survivors de-pip. Just kind of a stupid build overall.

TL;DR:

Ever-so-slightly killer-favoured update, but issue remains with the large gap between solo-queue and organized party when it comes to survivors. Would have been a lot worse before the PTB changes. Dead Hard nerf = inevitable. CoH nerf = sucky for solo-queue. Brine nerf = inevitable, but still good. Resonance nerf = crap perk now.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,336
    Options

Circle is kind of a side grade of you're running in a SWF because you can maybe coordinate the positioning and timing. Callouts like 'i'm on a gen near shack, head clockwise from the boon and I'll head that way when I see your aura, then we can finish the gen' will net you a healing bonus that's worth it with minimal downtime.

Alternately, a SWF can just not run Circle, heal at the gen, and only spend a few seconds more without the need to boon at all in the first place.

The circle nerf kills the perk completely for solo q where you can't rely on teammates or coordinate. People will just crouch spam in the boon until someone crosses the map to heal them, or just self care forever instead.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    edited April 2023
    Options

No, I don’t agree. Having DH activate nearly any time I would hit an injured survivor has cost me countless matches over the years. One perk should not be that impactful when so many other perks in the game are useless trash. The game needed a meta shakeup and it’s already looking like that is happening. There should be no “must-equip” perks for either side, and up until now DH has been just that for a lot of survivor players.

I honestly didn’t find CoH that troublesome. It wasted quite a bit of survivor time, and when I knew it was activated, I just made sure to commit to chases so that the survivor wouldn’t be able to get a free heal. I really didn’t think CoH urgently needed to be nerfed like DH did, but whatever.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,349
    Options

CoB at best saves you 4 seconds, how is it usable? Genuinly asking

• dkramdani
    Options

many users here disagree with me maybe because he is a player killer or a player who makes a party with his team for me, a solo player, I really object to this update, especially I very often use survivors where the selfishness of each individual makes the gameplay a bit trickier but still it's just that only blind people see the update this time it's fair whether you often use killer I don't care that this update is trash

• Peachblow
    Peachblow Member Posts: 29
    Options

I mentioned that it's relatively useless with its changes now, but not completely gutted. It's gutted to basically solo-queuers which is kind of the overarching issue. It would probably only ever be taken by organized parties that can still coordinate its use over voice comms, probably only by those already running altruistic perks or a full boon build. Otherwise, yeah, its benefits are completely outweighed by more useful perks.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

PR only lost a small amount of it's regression potential. CoB of OC were decimated though.

@topic both sides got hit pretty hard by this patch imo.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,268
    edited April 2023
    Options

whoops posted in wrong thread, ignore this

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,231
    Options

Killer has been the stepping stool of survivors for years besides blight/nurse it's only recently that they're giving killers some love.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    Options

Well, that's new. Someone saying Pig is pampered. I mean, it's not true, but if it was... It's about darn time!

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
    Options

Wrong, ever since Trickster (especially when he got his buff and Legion got theirs) killers have gotten extremely easy to play. It has never been easier playing killer as it is now and as someone who plays both sides, killer should not be that easy. No killer is entitled to getting a 3 or 4k every match yet that's how 99% of my solo queue matches go. They're miserable. The killers since the Trickster take 0 skill to master. Blight, Nurse, Oni, Hillbilly are all killers who are strong but take skill. What do we get nowadays? Crap killers who have passive powers like Pinhead where he doesn't have to do jack to get his damn box to terrorize survivors. Same with Knight and his damn ghosts, Sadako's teleporting and so many others. Even Doctor has to wait a bit until his static blast builds up again, while Knight can spam away like the broken ######### he is.

Then we get perks that if combined like Plaything and Pentimento create an unwinnable match. Same with other combos like Overcharged-Eruption-Call of Brine. These combos should be banned/forbidden and a limit on the amount of A tier regression perks needs to be placed. Or a cooldown of X matches after you use a perk so that the perk can't be used until the cooldown is over. That cooldown idea would be great for both killer & survivor sides to kill any possibility of a meta and get more perks to be used. Something like a 5 match cooldown for meta perks would be fair, that way killers & survivors would rotate perks they's use and not shoot all their payload in 1 match only to have only weak perks for the next 4-5 matches.

I still can't believe how Discordance has no cooldown. One of the easiest ways to find MULTIPLE survivors and there is no cooldown. What a joke. I don't ever want to hear that killers have had it hard until lately. Last time killers had it hard was back when the Twins were released. There's a reason the dc rate among survivors is at an all time high with the misery that is the solo queue for those of us who aren't lucky to play on SWF teams when we play the survivor side.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,986
    Options

I'd say this patch is very balanced, judging from the 100s of comments proclaiming it's survivor sided, and the 100s of comments crying that it's killer sided.

Which side you're on says more about you than the game.

• Seraphor
    edited April 2023
    Options

Your first point is correct. You second is hyperbole and false.

There are still plenty of regression perks, I personally never used CoB, OC or PR, which means you don't have to either!

If you can't play without them, you should rethink your gameplay.

• khrisfromtoronto
    khrisfromtoronto Member Posts: 47
    Options

Ya it was definitely survivors who were pampered as usual, not killers.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    edited April 2023
    Options

Do me a favor and actually read the patch notes. This is no "X-sided patch". Survivors lost some of their precious toys and now have a harder time nullifying the killer's work, while killers lost 2 gen regression perks completely, that defined the killer meta since 6.1.0.

Both sides got considerably nerfed and until we see how the kill rates change we should hold off on the "us vs. them" discussions.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Post numbers don't lie I guess.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Well yeah there are lots of regression perks, they're just nerfed to the point of uselessness. Call of Brine now saves you a max of *4 SECONDS*. It's a waste of a perk now.

• Seraphor
    edited April 2023
    Options

Then you realise that Call of Brine only saved you a max of 16 seconds before right? That's IF it regressed for the full 60 seconds, so you'd have to maintain 60 seconds of pressure (basekit, not perks, just pure direct pressure) to gain 16 seconds of slowdown.

Pop Goes The Weasel can inflict as much as 20% regression for 18 seconds of instant slowdown, without having to maintain 60 seconds of pressure to keep the survivor away from the gen.

Jolt applies 10% regression instantly just for downing a survivor, which is a direct 9 seconds of slowdown for free, just by hitting a survivor, and it can hit multiple generators.

Meanwhile Pain Res (the new one) deals an instant 25% regression, which is an instant 23 seconds of slowdown.

The bonus here is that these three perks work while you're progressing your main objective, so that you're not having to choose between hooks or regression. Call of Brine however forced killers into defence mode and resulted in 3-gen stalemates where killers would simply kick and defend gens at the cost of actually hooking survivors.

• squbax
    Options

Pop goes the weasel will never inflict 20% on its own, because for that number to be the case the gen would have to have 100% progress, most perks you argued you have a point, pop is a joke on every scenario its on.

• Seraphor
    edited April 2023
    Options

It's still comparable to an instant CoB (16s of slowdown) with no need to maintain pressure when at 80% progress or more.

It's definitely not a joke. It was a joke in comparison to Eruption at the time it was nerfed, because Eruption inflicted 46 seconds of slowdown. Everything was a joke compared to that.

• squbax
    Options

It is still not good regression, like maybe for blight and other mobile killers it might be usefull, but on non mobile killers even if you kick the gen with pop and erase 17 s of progress, by the time you go to check another gen/you get to a loop against a good survivor, that gen should pop no doubt if your oponents are not AI.

• squbax
    Options

It is still not good regression, like maybe for blight and other mobile killers it might be usefull, but on non mobile killers even if you kick the gen with pop and erase 17 s of progress, by the time you go to check another gen/you get to a loop against a good survivor, that gen should pop no doubt if your oponents are not AI.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

CoH is actually still very good. The problem is that many survivors got used to a super broken version and nothing else will appease them.

With this patch killers lost the ability to increase survivor objective times through gen regression. This is a problem because the survivor objective was already faster than the killer objective.

• jordywordy
    jordywordy Member Posts: 99
    Options

CoH deserved the nerf it got. Killer isn't easy. It really sounds like you play only one side of the game as most who complain about Survivor or Killer specifically. The only thing they need to address is hard tunneling/camping. Once they find a good way to do that, it will fix a myriad of other things.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I don't have an opinion on it right now (and probably won't for awhile)

Are we comparing Killer Powers to everything else???

Yes BHVR does need to change the game enough to get players to continue to play... They got rid of the "Gen Kick meta" but didn't give Killers another way to slowdown the game

So they had to do something to invoke change... so they changed Healing (which I still don't understand)

They also don't like reverting pervious changes (other then on the PTB)

And Those Killers you mentioned:

They have pros and cons to their power and Addons help either change it or improve the pros

• Seraphor
    Options

So then... old CoB wasn't good either then, because you needed to kick a gen and keep survivors off that gen for at least 60 seconds in order to gain 16 seconds of slowdown...