Map Offerings suck

Slurpin
Slurpin Member Posts: 107
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I can confidently say over 90% of the time it's brought by some group of survivors wanting a stacked realm or a killer that performs excessively well on a certain map. It's just a means to pile onto the unpleasant experience the opposing side already very much intends to inflict by their playstyle.

And so I'll simply say that map offerings bring nothing but frustration and resentment to the side that has to experience it. All I see as killer are Farm, Garden of Joy, Borgo, Springwood and The Game, and as survivor I see a lot of Mcmillan, dead dawg and Autohaven (usually by Huntresses or Tricksters). The Game is also used quite a bit by Nurses.

If you want variety or a specific map, play a custom game with friends. I'd much rather RNG screw me than sweatlords who need to stack every advantage possible.

Sac wards are not nearly common enough for me to consider them a reliable counter. Until then I'm inclined to just disconnect during the loading screen when I've had enough. Which honestly just sucks to do, I'd rather not, but very little encounter with a map offering has been fun on either side.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389

Map offerings aren't THAT bad. If you are playing a killer who struggles on certain types of maps it makes sense to bring on.

Survivor I don't feel like I lose because of the map ever. Normally it's potato teammates

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

Completely with you. I can't stand being sent to a map where the survivors know they can abuse something about the map. The Knights map it's the pallets, GoJ it's main building, and ect. I gotten to the point where if I see a map offering to one of these maps I just AFK and let them have a free escape. I can't be bother to play out the match when they get the power to choice the map to fit their build the best.

In my opinion I think map offerings should be completely removed and let the game randomly pick the map like it should be. I know few ppl will say "well they can't do that bc of the achievements" What I say to that is "######### achievements". I always hated achievements and think it's one of the worthless things that have ever been added to gaming. Just stop making map achievements, there problem solved. Anyway yeah I hate map offerings.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180

Agreed they should remove them.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I wish they would remove them.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

Devs should just give us green ward back if it was not used to explicitly block a map offering during loading ; so more opportunities to use them

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I agree 110%; you nailed it. Map offerings need to go. Enough already.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582
    edited April 2023

One problem with map offerings is that all the new realms are only a single map, so the offering gets you that map 100% of the time. MacMillan Estate, Autohaven Wreckers, and Coldwind Farm all have multiple maps. Red Forest, the Asylum, and Backwater Swamp have two maps. Badham has four but they're all extremely similar. Everything else is only one map for realm.

If BHVR could add a second map to every realm (which I know is impossible for some) it would make it more difficult for survivors to consistently get the specific maps they want. But considering the recent track record of map design, maybe it's a good thing there aren't that many maps in play.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

I also dislike map offerings by both sides and wish they would be removed. With the new map repeat prevention system there should not be any reason for them to still exist in the first place. And the common excuse "I only used the map offering because I just got map X 5 times in a row" is not valid anymore.

I really like this idea and it would be an acceptable alternative if Bhvr doesn't want to get rid of map offerings altogether.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2023

I really wish they would make some challenges easier if they remove map offerings,that one that needs you to hide close to the killer would be pain without a Midwich offering.

It's the only time I use them.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Need to make map offering only increase the chance, not make it guarenteed, and make it so Sacrificial Wards aren't consumed if no map offering was used.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

My group mainly use map offerings to not go to certain maps. Those are Lery's, Midwitch, RPD's. We cycle thru all the rest (one each until we repeat - this includes also killer-favoring maps like saloon) - it provides us also with diversity (because otherwise maps tend to repeat too much - and this is still true even with map repeat prevention in place).

As killer, it's nice to see mirror meyers on lery's or midwitch. It's no fun if he finds himself on blood lodge. That's just... Not fun.

I am putting it here to remind ppl that maps also have their benefits. All that's needed is to make them more equal for both sides