Best player for each killer?

IWasLrft2Die
IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

With the 1000 Win streak of blight it did get wondering who is the best player out there for each killer?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248

Nurse- Knightlight is probably the most decorated in terms of prize money, but there are a lot of really good ones out there.

Billy- Dmr1

Spirit- Off the top of my head, probably Wizzle

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Overall best killer, I’d probably say D3ad Plays. He can play any killer extremely well.

Best blight - Lilith Omen

Alf is really the only nurse I know of. But apparently this knightlight dude is good.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

comp in dbd... lul

• HugTechLover

On stats alone, Lilith is the top blight in the world.

I’ll have to look into Knightlight. First I’ve heard of him.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Literally any comp Blight.

I don't think Lilith does tournaments. He's probably the best pub Blight player.

• HugTechLover

I know he has done comp in the past. I’ve seen his tournament videos.

• Pulsar

I haven't seen them.

I know KnightLight also plays Blight a lot during tournaments, but he really specializes in Nurse.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I think knightlight is one of the better OVERALL killers in the game.

If we are disregarding comp players already listed here, and just overall good pub nurses, teejuana is a good nurse.

I think Ralph is the best huntress out there. I don't think he cares enough to go on streaks tho, if that matters in the criteria here.

• edgarpoop
    edited April 2023

Living in the same matchmaking region as Huntress players like Ralph, CoconutRTS, and Umbra is pure pain at times.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

I haven't ever got matched with umbra, but I feel like I'm never prepared when I get matched with coco/ralph. The first time I ever did was... quite a shock to be honest.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,869

Otz is definitely the best Trapper.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I mean I'm not saying lilith is definitively the best blight, but he is very very rarely playing at his max potential. Majority of the time he is probably playing at 30% potential. Maybe once or twice every few months when I was watching him a lot. That is a lot of fun to watch and anyone who didn't watch Lilith streams as much as I did would just look at his youtube videos or even just peep his stream to check.

• HugTechLover

That is a very good point as well. Lilith going full sweat is crazy.

• IWasLrft2Die
    edited April 2023

Not sure if they are the absolute best pig, but I hear Scorpionz referenced for pig a lot

Still missing several killers though.what about all the not nurse or blight players.

• IWasLrft2Die

So far we've got suggested

Trapper: Otzadarva

Nurse: Knightlight

Hillbilly: DMR1

Pig: Scorpionz

Blight: Lilith Omen

Huntress: Ralph, CoconutRTS, and Umbra

Spirit: Wizzle

• IWasLrft2Die

Killers not mentioned

Skull merchant

Dredge

Knight

Wesker

Nemesis

Hag

Doctor

Legion

Plague

Leatherface

Freddy

Sadako

Wraith

Dredge

Oni

Demogorgon

Twins

Pinhead

ghost face

Artist

Myers

Clown

Trickster

Deathslinger

Pyramid head

• Pulsar
    edited April 2023

@Phasmamain I'm calling you out for being the only Skull Merchant player.

Clown: Arinad

Wesker: alranican or ScooteyBootey

Nemesis: D3adPlays

Post edited by Pulsar on
  • Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    edited April 2023

Clown - Pro Vengeance

Wraith - Hexy

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I appreciate it but Adrianaskully on twitch is probably 10x better than I am. Pretty sure they are P100 with her

• GannTM

How tf did they get P100 with Skull Merchant that fast when I’m still only P54 with Spirit 😭

• GannTM

Twins would be either Pixel Bush or Lynxi, I’m not really sure which ones better though.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

im the best skull merchant

do not question why

just am

• IWasLrft2Die
    edited April 2023

Trapper: Otzadarva

Nurse: Knightlight

Hillbilly: DMR1

Pig: Scorpionz

Blight: Lilith Omen

Huntress: Ralph, CoconutRTS, and Umbra

Spirit: Wizzle

Twins: Pixel Bush, Lynxi

Skull merchant: Adrianaskully

Wraith: Hexy

Clown: Pro Vengeance, Arinad

Nemesis: D3adplays

Wesker: alranican or ScooteyBootey

• IWasLrft2Die

Killers not mentioned

Dredge

Knight

Hag

Doctor

Legion

Plague

Leatherface

Freddy

Sadako

Dredge

Oni

Demogorgon

Pinhead

ghost face

Artist

Myers

Trickster

Deathslinger

Pyramid head

• IWasLrft2Die
    edited April 2023

I have heard Otzadarvas Plague is pretty solid but not sure if it's one of the better ones

• HugTechLover

Ahh yes I forgot about dead and nemesis. Completely agree on that one.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906

Myers: Stalky boi

Hag: Michi

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I don't know any comp Blights, but I've a hard time believing their success in comp puts them any rung above Lilith Omen. Most survivors I've seen in comp are slightly above average, at best. Obviously they're more coordinated, and thus require the Killer to manage their time really well, but the macro game is a universal skill all Killers need to learn.

The top tier loopers you find in pubs are a better test of a Killer's skill than the comp players who go down in 30s.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Hag: Michi

Onryo: PumpWillie

Artist: SAOGonza? (Really haven't seen anyone maining her, probably because she's very strong and everyone doing OK playing her)

• GannTM

For Artist, it’s probably Greyletters. Or you could say me 🤠

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Cant decide, because there are far more players than streamers.

But I just say: I am the best Freddy 😜

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Leatherface/Plague - Fungoose

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Greyletters is kinda Jack-of-all-trades, so no, not count as "main". So probably you :)

• HugTechLover

Ok but comp player does not = better. Because it’s relative. What exactly defines them as better? Are they better because they get kills in comp by tunneling? Or are they truly better at blight? Do they know all the ins and out, all of the game knowledge pertaining to blight? Or are they just good at playing comp style? There are more factors to it.

• Pulsar

Most comp Survivors are going to be much more difficult to beat than any pub teams.

You need to not only be beyond proficient with your Killer of choice, but you also need to be extremely good at macro play.

• edgarpoop

It's important to remember that you can throw a dart at any comp match and find better matchmaking than the average pub. Those survivors might look average against a comp killer, or vice versa. Just like the how worst team in the NFL looks awful against other NFL teams but would beat the best college team by 70.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 351

ìm curious who is the best freddy player since no one really plays him and no content creator i know of main him and make content around him.

• KayTwoAyy
    edited April 2023

Far from it.

As @HugTechLover started getting into, comp has a different demand than pub games. Are comp Survivors harder to beat that pub Survivors? Absolutely. Are they better than pub Survivors? Not that I've seen. They just have one very important element that pub games lack--teamwork.

Comp doesn't demand that Survivors be the greatest loopers, because they already have the numbers and resource advantage. They can all go down instantly in every chase, and still 3-4 escape, so long as they play the macro game correctly.

It's really tough to compare DBD to any physical sport, when the game lacks so much mechanical skill.

To become a professional athlete in any sport, you need to surpass certain benchmarks of success, because they are considered "average" at the highest level of play. These benchmarks include things such as speed, strength, dexterity, reaction time, etc.

DBD doesn't have any of that. A Survivor with 0hrs runs just as fast as a Survivor with 5k hours. A Survivor with 50hrs does a generator just as fast as a Survivor with 500hrs.

All of your skill as a Survivor in DBD is demonstrated in your decision making, which is observable regardless of a Killer's skill.

And the decision making I see in comp, outside of the macro game, is abysmal--at least with respect to displaying individual skill.

This isn't to say that comp Survivors couldn't prove themselves to be some of the best loopers in the game. They're just not being challenged in the competitive scene to demonstrate any of that skill, and thus the Killers in comp aren't required to be the best in chase...which I believe is where you demonstrate how good you are with a chase killer like Blight.

• Pulsar
  • Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 323

What even does "Good decision making" mean when half of the game revolves around mindgames? For example, is greeding a pallet a good decision? Because that will buy you some time against most experienced killers; however chances are that it won't work against a total noob who doesn't even know what a pallet is...

I think what you don't realize is that good killers win their chases rather quickly. So, if a survivor goes for what looks like the "good decision" to you, comp killers will have predicted that scenario and get a hit regardless. So comp survivors have adapted and do things that look suboptimal, which maybe make them look stupid to you when they fail it, but once in a while it works. I can guarantee your "Best pub loopers" would not last any longer in chase.

I believe you are a victim of a serious Dunning Krueger effect, there are several weird things in your message... first there is actually an insane amount of mechanical speed and reaction time involved in DBD. One example, please watch this clip and tell me if you notice something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Z8lP_gBJE&t=945s . Good mindgame, right? If you look carefully, there are a few frames where the medkit disappears before the survivor vaults the window, and so the killer dropped early because he knows the survivor doesn't fake it. Even Otz got caught...

And another thing: a survivor with 500 hours is actually faster than one with 50 hours, because the one with 500 hours will be better at hugging walls and hence get more practical speed in a loop vs. one with 50.

• KayTwoAyy
    edited April 2023

It's neither here nor there. I don't care to convince anyone--just thought I'd share my 2 cents on the matter.

So comp survivors have adapted and do things that look suboptimal

They also do things that are genuinely suboptimal. Comp teams don't need to be super efficient in chase, because they can complete the objective even when people are going down left and right.

Maybe this needs to be said, maybe it doesn't... I've 3k hours in DBD.

That entire game was plagued by terrible decision making on Yoichi's part, starting with going to main.

First though, I'll address the 'mindgame.' It wasn't a mindgame. Yoichi just ran at the window and vaulted it. Of course a comp Killer is going to notice the medkit disappear. Yoichi shouldn't have even put himself in that situation, but since he did, his best course of action was to fake the vault, then medium vault when the killer commited towards the window.

Now lets rewind.

Yoichi spawns on corner of main and can see the back window is closed. That is his first hint that main building might not be a safe tile against Blight. What does he do? Goes there anyway--idk, maybe he was feeling lucky the other back window would be open.

It's not, so he is forced to loop up to a window that is objectively unsafe. Unsurprisingly, he gives Blight a free healthstate.

Now what does Yoichi do? He tries to hide around main.

Blight found him in under 3 seconds at the start of the match--he can assume Blight has Lethal Persuer. If Blight has Lethal Persuer, there is a good chance he has Compound 33. Yoichi should not be trying to hide against Blight. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt tho, and assume he has already determined Blight had Blighted Crow.

Once he is found, he insta-drops an unsafe pallet. Another blunder. That pallet isn't safe unless he stuns Blight, so now he just gave Blight a free pallet and a down.

Later in the video, Yoichi finishes the gen on main, receives multiple notifications that he is hindered, and can't put 2-and-2 together that Blight knows he is hiding nearby. Again, he hands Blight a free healthstate (two, actually).

The only survivor in that entire video that showed any competency was Zaka.

I could write a thesis on all the major blunders the rest of them made in these games.

Don't go around diagnosing people of the Dunning Krueger effect when you don't know anything about them. You can debate me on my logic, but you can't just claim I've cognitive bias and I'm actually a novice, when you haven't heard my thought process.

*Edited for brevity.

Post edited by KayTwoAyy on
  • appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,124

Freddy - KingWolfe

Leatherface - Seth

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I mean @KayTwoAyy is correct. Comp teams are extremely efficient but kaz has literally would regularly stream snipe lilith like a year back and lose, then ask for a 1v1 every time while being toxic. When lilith finally accepted the 1v1 with subs at stake and beat him under the time kaz set by a decent margin, he said nothing, left and didn't give the subs.

I have seen pub survivors way better in chase at least vs blight than him.

^

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 323

This is kind of puzzling, tbh.

You have 3k hours at DBD and allow yourself to claim: "The only survivor who showed any competency was Zaka".

You realize these "not very competent survivors", are Zaka's teammates in TEAM ETERNAL ie. they are literally the best comp team in the world?

Not only do they each have 5x your number of hours, but they spent these hours practicing against other top players, while you probably spent most of yours against pubs.

Now which scenario do you think is more likely to be true: either you are right and these players are not very competent compared to you (btw then you should enroll to DBDLeague ASAP because they are the ones who won it) or you are wrong and this is the literal definition of the Dunning–Kruger: you are make very dubious critics of experts, while not being an expert yourself.

"Of course he noticed the medkit disappear", of course, that literally requires a few frames of reaction time btw, and even Otzdarva thought he would fake the window so you are better than Otz (15k hours btw) and the 2nd thing you are also missing is that if the survivor had waited a bit more to vault the window, then there wouldn't even be any medkit frame, so it would indeed be a 50/50. For someone who could "write a thesis on this game", I'm surprised you didn't mention that.

• KayTwoAyy

You're operating under the false assumption that the "best team in the world" has the best players in the world.

The two do not correlate, especially for a game in which many view the comp scene as a joke. Not everyone who is talented is going to be crawling towards comp DBD.

Instead of dealing with hypotheticals, I can use xQc as a real world example here. He was unrefuted as the best tank in Overwatch. Not only was he not on the best team in OWL back in 2018, but he wasn't even in OWL after that year. You know what happened after he left? He became a millionaire.

Why would the best players waste their time making pennies in comp DBD when they can make a living creating content?

You think my opinion doesn't matter because I don't have accolades, while I'm breaking down the game theory to you.

I don't need to play comp DBD to prove I know what I'm talking about. I can break the game down play-by-play and show you that I know what I'm talking about.

Why are you hung up on Yoichi's window fake? I already told you he shouldn't have even put himself in that terrible position. There is no point talking about it, when a survivor with actual talent would have been smart enough to take chase elsewhere.

You're picking the wrong hill to die on, my friend. Yoichi didn't make a single good play in that video.

• birdnippies
    birdnippies Member Posts: 57

As far as streamers go I absolutely love d34d plays. Dude is so much fun to watch and any killer is terrifying in his hands except maybe trapper (for that we can go to otz)

• Pulsar

???

Nobody thought xQc was the best tank in the world during his hey-day in OW. Well, maybe he did, but that's beside the point.

Everybody who followed OWL knew there were FAR better players than him.