Circle of healing changes

Zeakile
Zeakile Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 11

Let’s talk about the changes to circle of healing.

So basically circle of healing is now almost entirely useless. It takes more time to find a totem and then bless it than it is worth. You also have to run to the other side of the map to heal teammates that will hopefully stay there. Oh, and the killer can snuff it. 

Waste of a perk slot if you ask me. 

COH was often the thing that saved idiotic teammates on solo. It’s going to be real miserable to play now.

Comments

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

It will be miserable, because you lost a perk?

Seems like it was needed then...

Try Inner healing if you need it so much, or resurgence with Medkit.

Or resilience so you don't care about being injured that much.

Just adapt like every other normal player, not difficult.

Self-healing was better than altruistic healing and that should have never been the case, it's good it was nerfed.

They could have simply give it CoB treatment and nerf numbers so much it's not worth to use at all.

They reworked it instead. It's not soloQ carry perk anymore, but it's not useless. 100% healing speed is a lot.

But hey, I prefer We'll make it to help teammates.

• Zeakile
    edited April 2023

Not sure how it being miserable on solo has to do with how it was needed. Wouldn’t a nerf be better than the total destruction of a perk?

We’ll make it doesn’t need a totem and activates after unhooking.

Post edited by Zeakile on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,742

It was one of the two most busted perks survivors had and for a single perk that affected the entire survivor team, it had way too much going for it. It made survivors too self-sufficient on their own.

It's also still a pretty good perk, just not at the power level it was before. 100% healing speed bonus is nothing to scoff at.

• Zeakile
    edited April 2023

I honestly play more killer matches anyway… but it’s nice to unwind a bit and play some survivor matches sometimes. COH was a fun perk and perhaps too relied on in solo, but I’m going to miss it.

I never really minded it on killer. Just don’t know why they would kill it so bad.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

I'm still finding use in circle personally, like it's not gonna work every game, but them buffing it back to 100% and seeing teammates auras now I think is a good tradeoff from being able to self heal from it and stack with medkits. obviously there's still gonna be solo q problems and that's a solo q issues not coh itself, but subjectively speaking, it's in a much balanced state now.

• Zeakile
    edited April 2023

I was honestly just looking more into feedback from players that approve the change.

• Zeakile

Sorry, my phone did not load everyone’s comments until now. Thank you for the feedback.

• Zeakile

I had no idea so many people felt so strongly about this perk.

Perhaps it never bothered me because I started after it was available.

I’ll give it a chance but I still don’t like the changes to this perk.

• Hex_iButt
    Hex_iButt Member Posts: 233

I don't like the change either, but I've still brought it in a few of my matches and found some good value from it. You can get a lot of information from the aura reading, especially on smaller maps. The healing speed being 8 seconds is a welcome trade-off with the self-healing nerfs across the board. Rather than waiting to be healed also, I've seen a lot of people focus on objectives if they can while in the boon's range vs hiding or doing nothing, so at least people are being smart about keeping themselves busy (hopefully anyway, because Solo Q).

But if it was the self-healing aspect you miss, I would just look for alternatives like Inner Healing, if you don't like to rely on your teammates much. I'd say do so along with bringing a med-kit as a last resort, even if you're running Small Game or Detective's Hunch; that way you can have a back-up plan for anyone else looking for totems.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,248

It is still great, just not broken OP as it was before. I think a decent QoL buff for it would be allowing 25% self-care in the boon. That way when the team can see you are going to heal in 64s they will get over there instantly to heal you in 8s instead. To make up for the simple buff I would remove the CoH aura reveal except when healing. I was playing in matches with CoH and it almost worked like a pseudo Wiretap, as you could tell when (injured) people are in chase in the zone. That aura aspect might be too much in telling people where the Killer (likely) is, especially when paired with Shadow Step.

• Zeakile
    edited April 2023

That’s a great idea. I love it… maybe they could implement something like that later. I think it would be great to still heal from COH, the name kind of implies it and the people I’m paired with seem to still expect it. A nerf to the speed is fine but removing it seems a bit much.