Tip Jar?

Thinking it would be nice to have a "Would you like to tip the killer you just played " or something and he/she would get idk 500 BP or something per player.. might encourage friendlier behavior?

Same for killer to survivors.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

While I would like to play a game with a Community which isnt so toxic and give 500 of my own bp to a player who played good in a match, I can only forsee the following discussion to happen wayy too much.

"You camped, thats not friendly behaviour, no top for you"

"Camping is part of this game, I did what the role is supposed to do"

"I dont tip campers"

"Well I dont tip people who loop the same loop for too long"

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Yeah there's always jerks but maybe we should try positive reinforcement?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I don't see how this would change anything. 500 BP is nothing.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I'd give the killer iridescent shards if they were good and didn't camp, tunnel or slug. I like this idea.

• killersRlul
    killersRlul Member Posts: 56

I'd subscribe 10$ a month if they balanced the game.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

No such thing as a balanced game. But maybe a better community?

• killersRlul
    killersRlul Member Posts: 56

By that if you mean it'll never be perfect, I agree, but making it enjoyable for the majority of the player base (soloq) grows the player base and with that generally will have a better community amongst an inherently adversarial game if people are not focused on all the griefing.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

I would love to see a tangible reward for getting a "thumbs up" from the other side. To reinforce this it should also be tied to a few achievement/trophies so that people actually become more aware of it, both for giving and receiving the endorsements. I don't mind what the reward is but it would be nice to just see a bit more positivity all around.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

There is something like that in Dota, but everyone use it to tip someone who screwed it.

Not really reward, just different form of trash talk.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
  • Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258
    edited April 2023

I really like this idea. And I think even 500BP is actually fine. It's not about giving really some huge benefit (that would promote imaginary debate @Emeal spoke about). It's about the sentiment - I enjoyed the game with you and want to show it. So in my eyes 500 is just fine - everything above 10K BP is just a bad idea (and 10K is already too much)

It's already possible for survivor to do this - but only in case said survivor wins (or if killer bestow escape to survivor). You already can drop your item in front of killer. But making it more direct + possible even if survivor gets murdered/killer in case of both win and loose - providing such a feedback is nice.

One more detail - make it visible that player X gave you the reward. Do not just include it into table (or if you do, show it as an extra - like +X in different color and in last tab of endgame chat - just do not include it under one of existing 4 columns like Brutality/lightbringer etc). It defeats the purpose if it's just another bloodpoints. It ideally needs to be some kind of unobtrusive pop-up ("toast" if you know the terminology, small window on the right side that hides itself after a few seconds if you don't know it). Bonus points if every other player can see who gave who a tip.

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

Good idea, it won't change the behaviour of all players, but this would make DBD a little more friendly, I sometimes play with or against some really good players and besides saying GG or adding them in my friend list, I can't do much more