Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

MMR possibly broken?

notJustDante
notJustDante Member Posts: 96

I have 4.5k hours in the game, and I have invested a lot of time and effort in my main, Legion, to the point that I can do well even against really good survivors.

I do play more killers than only Legion. Recently I have been spending a lot of hours trying to learn how to curve with Hillbilly, and I also spend a decent time on Huntress, Nurse, Blight, Oni, Wesker, etc.

While playing with any other killer I do feel like I'm playing against somewhat experienced survivors. Not always they will be on the same level as me, sometimes I get much stronger survivors and sometimes I will get weaker survivors, which seems to be normal for the current MMR system.

My problem is Legion specifically. For almost a week now, no matter how many matches in a row I win with Legion, I'll keep playing against new players. The highest hour count I have seen while playing as Legion this week was 1200h, but most stay around the 500h mark. I thought it was just a coincidence at the start but there is no way that I'm getting this many matches in a row against new players. Right before making this post, I played against a survivor who doesn't even seem to understand how the Terror Radius work, and while playing on The Game they would ignore all of the 20 million pallets on the map and either hold W or try to hide in the middle of a chase. Not only that but the other survivors also didn't seem to know that Legion can see them in Killer Instinct while using their power, and would try to hide from me.

I have no idea what's going on, if this is all just a coincidence, then it's a really huge coincidence. If any other players are experiencing something similar I would like to know.

And again, I only experience this problem with Legion. All other killers seem to have normal matchmaking.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 423
    edited April 2023

It's known that MMR tends to be all over the place and not always seems to accurately reflect your skill level. Every killer has their own MMR so changing from your main to a killer you barely play as can give you different results in terms of opponents. I am not sure if MMR 'resets' after a period of inactivity, this is a mechanic which can put you against lower tier survivors in the first match or few matches before it balances out again.

It's good to know that there is also a fill-up mechanic so to speak. The game will start by trying to find survivors within your (supposed) MMR range, but if those are not present at the moment it will broaden its search and pull in survivors from a larger pool. This is done in order to reduce queue times. Of course, MMR does not factor in SWF so a high skilled 4-digit hour survivor can bring in a friend who just bought the game and end up in your lobby.

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96

Well, the thing is that I never stopped playing Legion. I do understand that every killer has separate MMRs and that you won't always be paired with players of the same level, but I'm always playing Legion and even against good players I can have great results. Before this weird experience that has been happening for the past week, matchmaking seemed close to perfect. I would even play against old-school players, players that have been in the game for so long that I even have added them on Steam. It was rare to be paired with a player with less than 3k hours, and yes hours don't really point towards skill but it's a good basis to know how much that person has experienced the game.

When I say that I'm being paired with new players over and over for the past week I'm not talking about 2 or 3 matches, I'm talking about at least 50. It's extremely weird.

This is not the first instance of someone saying they had a weird experience with their MMR btw. A content creator named TricksterShadow recently had his entire MMR reset just because he connected his Steam account to his Epic Games account. He even made a video about it, you can search it and watch it. If MMR can break because of something like this, I don't think it's impossible for it to break in other ways.