Best player for each killer?

Options
2»

Comments

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 294
    edited April 2023
    Options

I did not exactly they are the best players in the world, I said that they are the best comp team, and that they won DBD League, both are facts.

As you say though, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't criticize them.

But it turns out that I find your analysis also extremely lackluster.

I pick the window vault example because it's very telling. From my perspective, Yoichi goes for a 50/50 mindgame, but presses the vault a few frames early and the killer notices it thanks to insane reaction time, converting it to a 100/0. I feel like that's worth mentioning. And yet, you describe the whole situation as:

"Yoichi just ran at the window and vaulted it. "

I'm sorry, but that's just describing what happens on the screen, while leaving out key details.

Then you say "If blight has found him within 3 sec of the start, then he likely has Lethal Pursuer, and then he most likely has Compound 33. He should not try to hide against Blight.". I'm sorry what? Will you make such bold deductions in real games - ie. where you're not able to see the perks on the screen in specator mode? C33 has nothing to do with Lethal. The killer picked Lethal because BBQ+Lethal are generally good perks on Blight.

When Yoishi "hides" it's because the killer mindgamed again instead of following him. If Yoichi had held W, he would have lost him, but he didn't hold W because he's facing a Blight and that seems like a stupid thing to do, so again, good mindgame by the killer, notice it even confuses both commentators and yet again, you don't mention anything, simply saying:

"Once he is found, he insta-drops an unsafe pallet. Another blunder. That pallet isn't safe unless he stuns Blight, so now he just gave Blight a free pallet and a down."

... do you have a magical way to predict whether a killer will get stunned by a pallet? Had Yoichi not dropped the pallet and took a hit, you would have said instead "this Yoichi made a huge blunder, greeding a pallet against a C33 Blight."

I feel like you're picking random 50/50s that happened in the match. When the survivor wins it, you say it's obvious or you don't mention it, and when they lose the 50/50, you say they made a huge blunder.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

He’s very entertaining! But he is not the most chat interactive streamer. 😂

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,696
    Options

He was, at the very least, the best Winston player. And in 2018, Winston and D.Va made up the strongest tank comp. This many years removed, I couldn't really comment on his ability to play other tanks--he was good at the ones that mattered. To count his other tank play against him would be like discrediting a Blight main, because they're not as good at Trapper.

I over-simplified the Yoichi vault, because you tried to sell it to me as a mindgame, when it was in no way, shape, or form a mindgame. Yoichi telegraphed his vault from a mile away. We all saw it.

I'm sorry what? Will you make such bold deductions in real games

Yes. It's not really a bold deduction. It's no different than assuming a Killer running Enduring and Brutal will also have Spirit Fury. If you see a Bubba break two pallets with Enduring and Brutal, you are a fool for dropping the next pallet on his head.

I misspoke tho, which is probably your confusion here--that is on me. I meant to say Compound 21, the one that reveals aura off of slam. The Blight wasn't using Compound 21, but Yoichi should assume he is, until he can verify that Blight is running something else.

Okay, so Yoichi goes under to the pallet. Lets say Blight followed him down the path Yoichi ran, instead of going through main. What do you think would have happened next? I'll tell you: the same exact result we saw in the video, because that pallet isn't safe.

I tried to explain to you that Yoichi shouldn't even be looping Blight around main in the first place. It was an objectively bad place to take the Killer, based on experienced map knowledge and the limited information Yoichi had available. It was a doomed play from the beginning.

I'm not picking 50/50s--the comp survivors are. They make these horrible macro decisions in chase, and then wind up in 50/50 plays, when they can put themselves in better positions that keep them alive much longer. If these survivors were actually any good, we wouldn't see so many 50/50s, because there are loops even Blight can't force into a coinflip.

Am I speaking another language or something? The survivor gameplay in this video is unimpressive. So many avoidable mistakes. This is allegedly the best comp team in DBD, and I can confidently say that I've seen better survivors in pubs.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,235
    Options

I would say whoever doesn't camp, tunnel and slug for their wins is a good contender for the best player for any given killer in DBD.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited April 2023
    Options

Here's what we've got so far as far as people who are among some of the best at a killer (and not just jack of all trade killers).

Trapper: Otzadarva

Nurse: Knightlight

Hillbilly: DMR1

Pig: Scorpionz

Blight: Lilith Omen

Huntress: Ralph, CoconutRTS, and Umbra

Spirit: Wizzle

Twins: Pixel Bush, Lynxi

Skull merchant: Adrianaskully

Wraith: Hexy

Clown: Pro Vengeance, Arinad

Nemesis: D3adplays

Wesker: alranican or ScooteyBootey

Myers: Stalky Boi

Hag: Michi

Onryo: PumpWillie

Leatherface: Fungoose, Seth

Plague: Fungoose

Artist:GannTM

Freddy: KingWolfe

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Killers not mentioned still

Dredge

Knight

Doctor

Legion

Oni

Demogorgon

Pinhead

ghost face

Trickster

Deathslinger

Pyramid head

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,641
    Options

Dunno about the best as I haven't watched too many to compare to, but Evidious (a Fog Whisperer) is a great Plague main

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

Obviously this is true, but knowing at least some of the best can help people know who they can learn from.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

I don't argue that much. 'some of the best' would have been better wording. Or 'best that you know of'.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,354
    Options

Just a quick reminder not to use this thread as an excuse to throw shades at people.

It's okay to celebrate someone's skills, it's not okay to insult them because you dislike them.

Thank you.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,641
    edited April 2023
    Options

That kind of goes without saying though. People are talking about those who put themselves on a public platform as that's all they can reference. There's been a few times where people have said the devs should put together a team of the top players as advisors, and they'll mention the likes of Otz and Tru3, etc. Chances are the top players of DBD are complete unknowns.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,404
    Options

@Tatariu, got any ideas for Legion?

Lipy for Oni.

MonsterKill for Demogorgon.

Maybe Wizzle or Zaka for Pinhead, though I could be wrong.

Maybe Xeno for Pyramid Head?

• IWasLeft2Die
    Options

I know Hidro mains deathslinger but I'm not sure how he compares to others

• KMainEZ
    KMainEZ Member Posts: 129
    Options

Maxx is a pretty darn great huntress

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,352
    Options

Who's the better Trapper out of Otzdarva and TheEntityLeftHand? I honestly don't know but I would expect a variety killer like Otz to be less successful with Trapper compared to someone who plays him almost exclusively.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,234
    edited April 2023
    Options

We don’t factually know. People just self proclaim using incomplete Nightlight data or using specific people who play in comp. There’s lots of good players that don’t care about comp or not in Nightlights data we’d never even know about. So until we get actual leaderboards it’s impossible to know who’s the best objectively.

Now you can obviously use those things to find players that are extremely good at those killers, but to say best or “#1 xxxx” is impossible to know.

• Saiph
    edited April 2023
    Options

Even if you meant "He has Lethal then he probably has C21" that doesn't make much more sense. Lethal+BBQ is extremely common on Blight regardless of add-ons and even though it "synergizes" with C21, other Blight add-ons are way more busted, that even if you would know for sure Blight has Lethal it would still be the more rational decision to assume C33.

"Yoichi shouldn't even be looping Blight around main in the first place. [...] It was a doomed play from the beginning."

EVERYTHING is doomed play against C33 Blight at this level. You can't drop pallets, you can't greed them, you can't loop, and you can't hold W. Blight has a solution to all those scenarios.

The survivors are not expected to last long in chase at this level. Put this Blight against god loopers, they wouldn't last significant longer, unless they are extremely lucky with the 50/50s. ( @Sava18 this is also my reply to you by the way, I can't comment on Kaz being toxic as I haven't watched this series, but him losing 1v1 quickly does not say much about his skill, because it's the expected result).

"I can confidently say that I've seen better survivors in pubs"

Dan (the Yoichi) holds the record for the longest escape streak in pubs. That's 219 WINS IN A ROW (win = 3e or more).

So no, you aren't facing better survivors in pubs, and if you would face Yoichi, you would be lucky to get 1k.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

We don't know and never will. Not everyone streams or participates to tournaments and the comp scene is simply too small.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options
  • Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,967
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,404
    Options

Honestly, I couldn't think of anyone else who mains Legion.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,851
    Options

I know that @pizzaduffyhp90 is really good with Knight and @GoodBoyKaru is really good with Pyramid Head.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,611
    edited April 2023
    Options

I wouldn't call myself the best in the world, but thank you for the shout out anyway 💖

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,696
    Options

I DM'd you, because I we're not really on-topic anymore.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

That some quiet person living in a monk monestary in the mountains is better then streamers is pointless.

People want to know the "best" player of these killers so they can watch and learn from them.

What use is it to them that some unknown person that they can learn nothing from might be better?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,053
    Options

You've seen better survivors in pubs against pub killers. And what you completely missed in my comparison from my last post is that skill expression can present itself relative to the level of competition. Players will look average against their peers and look like gods against less skilled players. You learn pretty quickly in comp that it's difficult to perform perfectly in a high pressure situation. Have 200 people watch you while you tie your shoes. You might suddenly find that simple task to be difficult. I remember playing in BOTB in front of 10k and it felt like I forgot how to play DbD entirely. It's easy to be perfect when you're reclined in your chair on a Friday night with Netflix on the other monitor.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

It's like you take everything people say in slightly change it your mean then start typing.

A 1v1 gives all the advantages to the survivor in chase and kaz set his own time, the point wasn't about the toxicity just an added fact. Were talking about chase here, that's the point.

I specifically mentioned vs blight in chase on the other point.

• Saiph
    Options

That a survivor sets his own time, and does not beat it, does not mean much about his skill. Only about his ego. Kaz could be the best survivor in the world and believe he's going to last 5 minutes, he will lose even against me.

Put Kaz 1v1 against Lilith Omen. Then put pub loopers against him in the same conditions. Then I believe Kaz will on average last longer. It's "on average", depending on RNG the pub loopers could occasionally get a higher time, so if you're comparing Kaz against 100 random loopers you have seen in public matches, then statistically you must have seen several loopers last longer than him, but that's due to RNG, not skill.

PS: I did not "change the meaning" I replied to what you wrote. I'm not supposed to know what you mean, just what you wrote. You only said it was a 1v1 with subs on the line, without linking a single VOD.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 808
    Options

Doctor - HermanTheDoctor

Oni - Lipy

Trickster - WorstDwight

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

Yoduru aka dokuzetu_fairy on twitter is also a pretty good Blight player albeit less known since they are Japanese. I didn’t even know Blight could jump over holes like The Game and Badham main building until I watched them pull it off.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    Options

For Twins, definitely Lynxi. There's knowing how to do bland comp strats that any killer can do, and then there's actually pushing the killer to its limits like Lynxi does.

Huntress, JordiRex. Insane predictions and tile knowledge.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,744
    Options

thanks! very helpful

gonna peep some of these streamers to learn

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

Do you know any good Spirit mains? I'm at a roadblock and need some advice

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,744
    Options
  • Ginnypig
    Ginnypig Member Posts: 144
    Options

If otz is not throwing for contrent and viewer sympathy (and would play at max brain capacity, which only otz can do) there is noone better then Otz. Not even close. He has too much knowledge to even be considered fair towards survivors.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited October 2023
    Options

How can one tell? It is impossible to use the entire playerbase as a sample to decide this. Anyhting else would be inaccurate. I'd rather not use statistics for this.

I know people who are amazing at this game and you'd never know their steam handle. Also, how can it be proven? One of my friends is by far the best Hux I've ever come across.

I don't know who any of these strangers are mentioned in this thread.

I'm not entirely sure how this works. Nor can anyone play with every single player to discern a proper answer to this question.

It's like that old commercial with the tootsie roll pop "The world may never know." :)

• Lobos
    Lobos Member Posts: 212
    edited October 2023
    Options

This whole topic is subjective and based off personal opinions. Without a DbD Leaderboard this is just naming DbD content creators.

Competitive DbD is ridiculous, filled with ego centric players who think that just because they play in a small group of players that they are somehow better than everyone else in the world. There are also so many different rules and restrictions that are constantly changing so it's pointless to even compare it to regular "pub" DbD.

Most importantly, even if a Leaderboard existed in DbD, it would absolutely be filled with cheaters trying to gain recognition. Why turn DbD into a competitive game when cheating is already so prevalent and accessible?

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Post edited by TheSingularity on